I need tips on convincing my stubborn team to surrender.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RainbowIcee

06-05-2012

I think we've all had that one point where you know... it's evident that you lost. However there's usually 2 people that refuse to surrender and waste everyone's time. What are some good tips into convincing them to do so ?

ZOMGTURTLE

06-05-2012

There aren't. They're either willing to surrender or they aren't. Best thing to do is to keep playing as hard as you can. I've had several games go from hopeless to wins.

Aikimiller

06-05-2012

The question is, are you surrendering because you think you're going to lose, or are you surrendering because you hate your awful troll teammates and would do just about anything than continue to play with them?

Cause I get that second one a lot.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Usually immediately after a failed teamfight (preferably right after an enemy ace).

Also, if you're really THAT intent on making teammates surrender/have game end for whatever reason, making subtly demoralizing remarks in chat sometimes helps to get one of them discouraged enough after a little bit. Or you can let the enemy team push your turrets without defending (go farm jungle or a creep wave).

skillpatrick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Here is an Idea, maybe you should keep fighting in the hopes the enemy makes a critical error and you turn the game around? A game being hopeless is no excuse for being a coward and surrendering.

Nearly every match I play in ends in one teams surrender. I am shocked by the sheer lack of honor most of this community has, and as such I normally duo que in unranked games just so I never have to have my match unjustly ended.

But hey thats just a rant and my opinion.

tldr; Never give up.

Politsu

06-05-2012

Aren't you wasting their time by trying to surrender? I know that ending the match as soon as possible in order to get into another match as soon as possible to make the most out of your time is a viable argument (especially when dealing with trolls, but you are not going to win against them anyway) . On the flip side, for the people who want to win and try hard fighting tooth and nail for a victory you are just dead wait holding them back and wasting their time and effort they have already put into the match. At least 25% of the time one or two players giving up and accepting defeat before the game is over pretty much assures an enemy victory. With that kind of attitude why would you even que up? I wouldn't want you on my team. Even so I admit that there are hopeless games where the enemy is truly over-whelming, but you don't get better by running away.

Cenerae

06-05-2012

Instead of trying to drop team morale to the point where the rest of your team also gives up, why not try to roll with it and see if you can't turn it around?

Spamming surrender votes and/or whining at them is only going to make them more determined to not surrender, anyway. Nobody likes giving brats their way.

Onerblack

06-05-2012

Seriously, it's really annoying when people don't surrender with a 21v2 team score...

But I only surrender if:

- I am not playing a champ that can carry my team
- My team is not only bad, but retarded (fighting each other, saying that is going to report someone and blah blah blah)
- I am playing a champ that can carry but I am 0/10/0

Shatterlight

06-05-2012

I'm one of those "Never surrender!" types. But if you say something like "I have to pick up the kids from school soon, and don't have time for a drawnout match. Can we hardcore push to win it fast, or surrender so I don't have to Leave?" then I'll understand and go with a surrender vote (after the push, of course!).

Every match, you can make a comeback. But if not surrendering is going to inconvenience someone who seems like a nice person, I'll do it.

Onerblack

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post
I'm one of those "Never surrender!" types. But if you say something like "I have to pick up the kids from school soon, and don't have time for a drawnout match. Can we hardcore push to win it fast, or surrender so I don't have to Leave?" then I'll understand and go with a surrender vote (after the push, of course!).

Every match, you can make a comeback. But if not surrendering is going to inconvenience someone who seems like a nice person, I'll do it.
Same