Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why am I banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Uprising

Recruiter

06-06-2012

Quote:
Me Chinese 051:
wow you guys still playing this game? have fun with the tribunal then.

I've played it over 3 yrs. Then I got same thing with all my experienced LOL player friends got.. disappointments.

DIablo3 GW2 And other stuff kept me busy for almost 1 month. ^ ^

Here the community is da worst. If you do say anything like gg noobs or something that made ppl reported you ( no matter they pretend to be offended or not.. ) ,you will get banned. 1900 around elo won't prove you were arguing something right. Almost all arguments result a evidence for your ban. They are very offensive to the reporters... according to the reporters. Do remember this. ( tested by us, a bunch of players who played over 3k games at least in over 3 yrs :P)

Blizzard's customer service responded and solved all my problems for their collector ed. So op ^ ^

This is the only game i got banned so far... in my over 20 years' game experience. My gf qq for my gaming time all the time n im trying to pull her in. lol

Believe me.. Im a nice person that most ppl like... it's probably as much as how I give out good gears to beginners i met in game so frequently. ( result > im still super pooor.. cant affort anything epic lol )

A nice person =/= he can keep calm when he gets offended. I think it's natural to take response with those unharmful words. I need qq when i get offended. Im just a normal person too. Srrryyyy

I play dota2 seldom now. Everyone keeps quiet because anyone can quit at any time they want. Well.. I feel i like this free system more than LOL tribunal system. lol

Anywayz. For those who got banned, I wish u get ur things back ( although I know it's not possible). For those who enjoy this game, you guys have fun. ^ ^

Make your life easy

and dont forget to enojoy the sunshine.

Best wishes to you all.

Z

the truth! Dota is much more lax... and ppl don't get butthurt as much b/c they can ignore.

Shiister

06-06-2012

Quote:
The Uprising:
the truth! Dota is much more lax... and ppl don't get butthurt as much b/c they can ignore.

Then go play DoTA? 2 less offensive players!

Seethman

06-06-2012

Quote:
Heaviest Flow:
Tribunal trolls are weeded out with planted cases that are intentionally innocent.
I believe 99% of people who come on this forum saying they don't deserve it/why?? DO deserve it.
This is based on the history of this forum, and the fact that a majority of voters must agree the person deserved to be punished.

People who get reported as you say above get pardoned by people like me. In fact they are probably some of the planted cases you are seeing.

wh...what...where did you even get this? I've never seen anything like it.
I review the chatlogs, multiple games, and determine if it's deserved or not. And golly gee, I totally do it all for the 50 IP or so I get every week!

No. People complain for a reason. It's easy to try and shift it onto the person doing the judging, but that's like whining about a cop who's giving you a speeding ticket. You were speeding, doesn't matter why.

You don't' have to be a jerk to others in a game for any reason. You don't have to feed for any reason. You don't have to AFK...well, ok, bathroom emergency or DC, yeah. But that's why we get several games to review. You can get a pretty decent picture of that person across them. And yeah, sometimes they are innocent of everything but bad tactical choices. And often they aren't, because they swear and blame and whine, and demand.

It's a team game! Nobody gets to pick everything out themselves, and based on the matchmaking system, you, at best, should be winning only 1/2 the time. So play, have fun, be nice, make friends.

tl;dr: Take responsibility and play nice, it works out.

GrimHonk

06-06-2012

Quote:
The Uprising:

you can ignore people in League too.

The Uprising

Recruiter

06-06-2012

Quote:
Tiliena:

but their insults actually mean something, you have to prove to the tribunal you are in the right, otherwise you are at a greater risk to being banned. You don't give a **** in dota 2, someone annoys you b/c they don't like how you play and say you are intentionally feeding, you could just go "**** you" and ignore them. Done.

NecroticBinder

06-06-2012

Quote:
Tiliena:

Uprising is a local troll, he tries to stir controversy and overall cause trouble. His arguments are as hollow as his attitude is negative.

The Uprising

Recruiter

06-06-2012

Quote:
Methelod:
Uprising is a local troll, he tries to stir controversy and overall cause trouble. His arguments are as hollow as his attitude is negative.

I am not a troll, I just disagree with you. You guys in this forum act like trolls but I think yall are just blind. Well nvm I think methelod admitted to being a troll once.

Aradene

06-07-2012

Quote:
Shyhalu:
I've seen people reported with no description attached, who were polite throughout the game.
Tribunal has its faults and trolls tend to troll it.

If you automatically assume the banned/suspended are guilty, tribunal and riot are free from error, then you shouldn't be judging cases imo.

How does people ending up in tribunal having done nothing wrong = tribunal flawed?

All it means is that they were the victim of troll reporters. I had a case where the enemy gave 5 reports for one guy playing Karthus who said nothing the whole game - they reported him because he absolutely smashed them.

That is the amazing thing about tribunal. If you look really carefully, just below the Punish button, lo and behold, theres a Pardon.

James Keenan

06-07-2012

Quote:
The Uprising:
I don't know if ur trolling or generally insane, if you use this kind of logic and apply it to everyone whoever played this game, you would ban 70% of the community, easy.

I'm not trolling. I would ban 70% of the community because 70% of the community doesn't know how to behave.

Leo2k5

06-07-2012

I take the time to read the chat logs of all reported games when I'm reviewing a Tribunal case. I would call the 70% estimate a modest one. In the cases I've reviewed it's been closer to 90% deserving of some form of punishment. If it's just a "gg noobs" at the end of the game I'll usually pardon it (a bit of trash talking is to be expected) but the VAST majority are continual, often racist/bigoted rants against one's own teammates. It amazes me that people think this kind of behaviour is appropriate in a team game. Or in any setting really.