Lux OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anna Sachae

07-06-2012

I do admit that I have a hard time laning against a Lux who knows what she's doing - E is pretty much the perfect zoning tool if you don't know how to dodge it (I don't). However, the rest of her kit is geared to a very precise combo. If she can't land every single bit of it (E > Q > AA > detonate E > Ult) then her damage isn't that impressive.

The absolute best counter to her is just to perfect dodging against her. This might change per Lux you face. The smart ones will figure out which way you like to dodge E and correct their aim - the dumb ones always throw to the same area relative to your champ, which makes it easy to avoid.

Alternatively, you can try to out-trade her. After she blows E, close in. If you can dodge Q, her combo will fall horribly flat on damage and you can usually come out on top in trades. Do this consistently and she'll have two choices: stop trading, or die.

ninbushido

07-06-2012

High-mobility mid champions who have powerful, channeled spells will counter her. Examples are Fiddlesticks, Malzahar, Katarina, Ezreal. The reason is that these powerful abilities (mostly ultimates) are high-damaging abilities and they are usually countered in mid with a hard-CC...which Lux does not have one, to be able to interrupt them. Malzahar is especially a hard counter, with a long-range silence and a suppression ultimate and a powerful DoT. Katarina is also one because she can easily dodge skill-shots with her Shunpo. Ezreal can be on par with Lux and has the advantage to blink out of her ultimate (unless snared, so really it comes down to who is more skilled). Fiddlesticks is okay at countering her, but not as well as the other champions because he has shorter range on his spells, and this means that Lux can fight him afar from a distance ---- BUT, Fiddlesticks can dodge Lux's skillshots easier from farther range, so it comes down to who is more skilled in this case as well. A decent Malzahar should always beat a decent Lux, though not in every case. I have also found that Lux has some difficulty against Swain due to his sustain in both health and mana from his ult and passive, respectively, as well as his natural tanky-ness (relatively high base health, builds RoA), so after Lux finishes her burst and Swain still has health left, he can kill Lux with his sustained damage.

DeGeneralLee

07-06-2012

in my opinion, lux is not overpowered. she's just annoying.

countless time i encountered an enemy escape with low health that was saved by a 'fog of war' snares and slows. feel like banging my head on the keyboard. :)

jkim229

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGeneralLee View Post
in my opinion, lux is not overpowered. she's just annoying.

countless time i encountered an enemy escape with low health that was saved by a 'fog of war' snares and slows. feel like banging my head on the keyboard.
This. I find that with enough MR, I can take her burst damage quite well but every lux player that I've faced are always positioned way behind her teammates so, its impossible to get to her without getting destroyed in the process by her teammates. I hated that week where she was free. Lux player in almost every match...now she's half off...I'll admit that I bought her but lul

EmnestyX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

i barely ever miss my skillshots so ya i do get called op but if u can dodge her q and have a cc or dash, she's dead. also a kennen makes her mad

kaioken736

07-19-2012

lux is not op compared to champions like wukong and darius she is also the most squishiest of the champions in fact i believe shes up more up if compared to janna and soraka on support in general i played both.. her ultimate is not as useful in most cases becausee its easily can be dodge.most supports have aoe skills wich this champiuon does not her third skill is useless against champs it needs more range. and slow should be bit better champs like dr mundo can escape the slow.

Parthonaxx

07-19-2012

Lol... On lux, when my ulti has a 24 second CD, i just run around the map firing off 1k lasors randomly and get kills. It's awesome.