Lux OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aegonix

06-08-2012

People keep trying to counter me as Lux with AP Twisted Fate. It's really funny actually. I eat him alive.

As for dodging her ult, don't run down the line of fire to try to dodge. Run at a straight 90 degree angle to it's aiming path. You'll probably get out of it that way.

Skilltestingman

06-09-2012

Lux is a great champ, just nobody knows how to play her.

The reason that she's not in pro games is because she has only skill shots and pro players have better skill in dodging, rendering her useless in that area.

I would like to see one one time, see how it works out

Leonixxiii

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilltestingman View Post
Lux is a great champ, just nobody knows how to play her.

The reason that she's not in pro games is because she has only skill shots and pro players have better skill in dodging, rendering her useless in that area.

I would like to see one one time, see how it works out
Its more of her lack of escape Vs gap closers... She needs a good frontline to be effective... If skillshots were the issue then no one would play Ahri, Gragus, Morganna, Kennen, Fizz, Naut... You get the idea... Skill trumps skill.

Norilaz

06-09-2012

Katarina destroys her, or at least me when I mid against her. Basically anyone with a good gap-closer can seriously hurt Lux, as (like the others have said) she is VERY squishy and skill-shot dependent.

Also, people who play her as support make me cry. Do they not see how little damage they end up doing with her ult because they didn't get AP?

TheLastN0ob

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norilaz View Post
Katarina destroys her, or at least me when I mid against her. Basically anyone with a good gap-closer can seriously hurt Lux, as (like the others have said) she is VERY squishy and skill-shot dependent.

Also, people who play her as support make me cry. Do they not see how little damage they end up doing with her ult because they didn't get AP?
Kat is good with Shunpo but when she tries to engage, I throw my bind. I rely on the E for damage.

I do play support lux occasionally but support lux for me is making bot lane a kill lane, throwing binds for saves, slows for kills and ulting those who get away. I still do ap lux

Kooloo Limpah

06-23-2012

Her best qualities are her range, and her burst. Don't be near her with low hp, and understand her abilities so you can dodge them, She has 4 skill shots.

Stoober

07-04-2012

As long as her Q moves as slow as it does she will never be OP. Similar speed to Morgana's Q for the same reason I'm assuming. If you could land 90% of your skillshots (mainly Q), then she would definitely be a candidate for being called OP.

I love playing Lux and at the Elo I'm in I destroy most mids. There are good hard counters, but like any champ just avoid your counter. Mindgames work wonders as well as warding the enemy buffs. She is the queen of kill-stealing/cleanup as well as buff-stealing and poking.

Something worth noting is that Lux can still be extremely useful late game even if she isnt fed. If your AD carry is doing well or at least knows what to do you can provide an ENORMOUS amount of security for them ( Slow, snare, double shield, annoying laugh) while still doing "tons of damage."

Danish Vikingz

07-04-2012

Go aggressive on her early on, she is so weak to begin with, she has no mana and big mana costs.
The Q is really easy to dodge and with most mids, you just shut her down pre 6.

I'm just curios, are you only playing one champ against her?
You might be new and the kind a dude, who only plays one champ, that champ could be someone weak against her.
Though I can't really think of anyone she counters(hard).

A Big Damn Hero

07-04-2012

1. Lux has no slows, she has ONE snare that still allows the snared to attack and use spells.
2. Her attacks can all be dodged as long as you can see where they're going... I have no idea how you're not able to dodge them
3. All her attacks are skill shots...

Leonixxiii

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leHarvest View Post
1. Lux has no slows, she has ONE snare that still allows the snared to attack and use spells.
2. Her attacks can all be dodged as long as you can see where they're going... I have no idea how you're not able to dodge them
3. All her attacks are skill shots...
1: Her E is a slow

I agree with the rest... You wanna counter Lux? Banshee's Veil, Silence Like Kass, or Talon, also Ahri counters her if you land her E, and her R lets you dodge her Q, while doing damage... Veigar destroys her if her gets his stun on her first... Jax can leap-stun and destroy her, Olaf will just run her over with his ult... Ect.