Lux OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IoEuropa

06-05-2012

whenever i play agniest a lux i was get ****ing raped up the ass. She was way too many slows, her ulitamate is almost impossible to dodge and its on such a low CD. I hate her.

Is there anyway to counter her with AP besides stocking up on AP resist?

Blaine Tog

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoEuropa View Post
Is there anyway to counter her with AP besides stocking up on AP resist?
Dodge her Q as you would any other skillshot, and don't rely on minions to save you from it. It moves at the same speed and has the same hitbox as Morgana's Q, if that's helpful. When she throws her E, move TOWARDS her instead of away, as most Lux's throw it slightly behind you (since almost everyone tries to run away from it). When trying to escape with low health, try to move erratically, especially once you've made it into the fog of war. I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten kills on low-life enemies because they made a beeline for their turret to recall instead of moving just a little bit to the right or left or recalling off to the side. Her ult's cooldown is also nothing special early game, by the way; yeah, it drops to 24 seconds lategame with 40% CDR, but it's 80 seconds at level 6, low, yes, but not excessively so considering it's just damage.

Health is actually a better counter for Lux than MR, by the way. She's a burst caster, not a DPS caster, so if she can't take out your health with one rotation, you're probably safe. Picking up an early RoA is probably going to make her life harder than an early Abyssal Scepter.

Speaking of rotation, bait her spells. If you can run towards her, make her throw her Q, and then dodge it successfully, she'll probably panic and try to hit you with her E. If you can dodge that too, she's basically a sitting duck for 5-10 seconds, especially early. Her Q and Flash are her only escapes and she's really squishy without them, so if you can get your jungler to come in when her Q is on cooldown, there's a very good chance she's going to die.

Only Bruisers

Recruiter

06-05-2012

all her skills are skill shots, granted her ult is harder to dodge the most play against her enough and you'll get the hang of it, a good lux is terrifying, most are not good lux's tho.

0rphanPuncher

06-05-2012

Play a champ with a flash-like ability, Ezreal is an example, if he can flash out of the way of her ult he is safe. I play lux and I know her flaw is a champion who moves too fast for her to hit them, and most luxs will burst you with her combo, q e r and then burst e with a aa. Dodge just one of those and hes safe.

MoreMedz

06-05-2012

Some suggestions for tactics:

Lux is a glass cannon. If you can dodge the first Q, then there goes her basic escape option, besides summoner spells.

Ambush her from bush or blindspot whenever possible. Rushing her in a straight line will get you killed.

Watch out for her E, the damage adds up in the heat of the battle where people sometimes forget.

Most importantly, separate/space Lux from her team. Her abilities allow her to position herself in a safe position and still contribute to the fight, you need to deny her that safety.

M0nkeyM4n

06-05-2012

I love/main lux. the super counter to her is malz. i played a lot of lux and whenever vs a malz i can never win lane. his silence and suppress is really good against her. malz silence is at same range or close to her spells so it's really annoying.

But her main combo bind with q then launch e (dont pop) ult then pop e is her main source of damage. if you can keep dodging her q then you counter her. yes she can burst u down just dont get that low to where she can ult.

Her ult is easy to dodge all you have to do is look for the red beem. its hard to see if you dont play lux but once you see just walk to the side and boom dodged.

Wiitendo

06-05-2012

I don't think lux is OP but i will say anybody that knows how to use her correctly will own middle any day, I love to middle and every once in a while when i see Lux in middle i revaluate my ways of playing, Im a morgana user and i have to admit Lux gives me a run for my money, but that does not mean she will beat me,( I have played against people who master Lux) and i have to say Morgana vs Lux is an epic battle, Ones is dedicated to keep pushing and farmin(Morg) and the other is there to stop a champion from farming and pressing damage from range distance...It is all up to the player to use all skill and defend when needed and learn to run when you know you cant win, Lux is the type of champion you want to avoid feeding, after all she is very much useless in te beggining of the game, (Every player has their own way of playin)

Danish Vikingz

06-08-2012

Lux is really easy unless the dude playing her is really, really, REALLY good at anticipating your moves..

Rykaal

06-08-2012

I only played lux a few times when she was free a few weeks ago, but I noticed she has a few hard counters, any high mobility champion with any form of low cooldown flash type ability, or even Katarina's Shunpo, if you have any easy way of getting around your lane other then just moving out of the way. Lux will fear you.

Blaine Tog

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykaal View Post
I only played lux a few times when she was free a few weeks ago, but I noticed she has a few hard counters, any high mobility champion with any form of low cooldown flash type ability, or even Katarina's Shunpo, if you have any easy way of getting around your lane other then just moving out of the way. Lux will fear you.
Yup. I love Lux dearly and she's still my favorite AP carry, but when she gets countered, she gets countered hard.