Renekton Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycos

06-05-2012

So I've been playing renekton a ton lately, and I love him. Mostly because he's the most badass champ out there. But I have some worries, some things that I think need to be changed or at least explained. Most of this is about his lategame, because his early game's already pretty good.

First off, cull the meek, the AoE with lifesteal. Early game, this is a great ability, with a decent amount of sustain. But what I don't understand is why there's a healing cap. Late game, even with spirit visage, the heal is barely noticeable. I mean, you're a tank lategame, right? Your Hp and damage go up, and the heal stays the same, and becomes more and more unnoticeable.

Secondly, his ult. I love renekton, but the ult pretty much sucks. The extra hp is nice, I admit, but the aoe doesn't scale well at all (Who builds ap on renek!?). I just think it should scale off of AD, not ap.

What do you think? Is renekton worthy of a few tweaks? Is he destined to remain a stunbot late game? Is his early game so strong he shouldn't get a lategame? Post away

Calypsosin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

It's hard to balance him at this point. He's the level 6 GOD of 1v1. After 12 or so he is kind of laughable. His damage falls off and as you pointed out, cull the meek doesn't do much.

His ult is amazing until late game, at which point... he sucks. I'm not sure how they'd go about fixing his late game while not changing/nerfing his early game.

Lycos

06-05-2012

Honestly I'd be okay if his early game took a tiny hit and his late game became better.

an actual dog

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypsosin View Post
After 12 or so he is kind of laughable. His damage falls off
His damage falls off because people primarily build tank items on him

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

if you build him less tanky like
boots>frozen mallet>maw>bloodthirster>gaurdian>whatever
he can actually do good damage along with his ulti to make him tanky

Lycos

06-05-2012

He still does less damage than other tanky dps champs, like wukong, riven, darius, jarv, shyv... almost all of them lategame.

GhostDonkeys

06-05-2012

I like where he is at right now and I love the changes. Thing is with his early game and laning so good we all know what would happen if his lategame was buffed. He would destroy people in tournaments and would end up getting nerfed into the ground.

The reason you have to build him tanky towards the lategame is because of his job in teamfights. You E past the front lines to that AD carry and try and take them out of the fight, make them focus you, or just plain kill them with your burst. The changes to his dash makes it to where dashing through their team (or dashing out I guess) will help out the rest of your team greatly if you have fury (which you should if you're ulting).

I think Renekton is in a good spot right now.