Real Life Patch Notes - Gameplay Changes

1234511 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToBeSomebody

06-05-2012

A.M. Launcher v2.012

• Work Day
    • Work Day Mornings have been changed to better reflect choices made the previous night
      • All nighters now have an 80% chance of negating all Alarm Clock effects
      • If a player forgets to tend to his or her animals, there is a 50% chance of finding personal belongings shredded, eaten and/or defecated on, increasing by 5% per animal to an 85% cap
      • Consecutive proper sleep cycles now yield a Well Rested bonus, which increases productivity by 5% and smile chance by 25%
    • Breakfast choices have been reduced to (bagel, snack bar, smoothie) from (pancakes, french toast, omelette)
    • Fixed a bug where shoes would randomly disappear
    • Fixed a bug where toothpaste would still dispense out of empty toothpaste containers
  • Day Off
    • Improved matchmaking algorithms to better pair most players with good weather during days off
    • Removed the "Call in to work" option for redundancy purposes
    • Fixed a bug where clocks would seem to make time pass faster
    • Fixed a bug and set him free into the wild again, poor guy broke his wing

Quote:
Phreak: In this next patch, we've got a couple of changes coming to the consequences or benefits of certain player choices, as well as a few bug fixes. Why the added repercussions?

Morello: We were looking at some of the stats of how players were able to function after some of the massive gaming or partying, and for the amount of fun had on a work night there was really no reason for anyone to do anything productive. We decided to add in some variables -- and rewards -- that might make players think a little differently about what it is they'll be doing for the entire day, and how it might affect the next day.

Phreak: And what about the bonuses to days off?

Morello: The random factors that came into play with days sometimes made them seem pointless or even a waste of time. With the bug fixes and improved matchmaking, we're hoping players will feel more of a reward for having earned this time off and really enjoy spending it.

Real Life v1.0.1
Canada, the Hat of USA
  • What's that all aboot? (Passive) - Canada has a chance to inflict its inhabitants with a permanent speech modifier. The chance to be affected by the modifier decreases with time spent in the United States.
  • Ice - Canada uses its icy landscape to prevent inhabitants from colonizing.
  • French Canadian - Canada diversifies its culture using its heritage and brings the French language to its major cities.
  • Inuit - Canada introduces a unique type of nomad that makes really cool buildings out of the icy landscape. Can only be used while Ice is active.
  • Baby Seals (Ultimate) - http://www.dailydawdle.com/2012/01/b...mething-7.html

Women
  • Average Breast size reduced from D cup to C cup
  • PMS has been removed
  • Fixed a bug where all Women appeared larger in mirrors

Quote:
Phreak: Some of the more powerful abilities of Women are being nerfed. Why these changes?

Morello: The crowd control that came from playing Women with large breasts was just too overpowering, so we're toning it down a bit to hopefully even the playing field where we'll see the more skilled players make full use of the great ratios Women have. We're also removing PMS entirely, simply because it's simply not fun for anybody involved and while it does provide tremendous attack power, there was just no joy in using it.

Men
  • Pissing Contest self-cc duration reduced at later levels
  • Body Hair base amount reduced
  • Fixed a bug where the passive component of Testosterone was accidentally stacking with Testosterone of nearby men
  • Fixed a bug where hair would fall out at later levels

Quote:
Phreak: Overall the changes to Men should make it so players have more utility and less risk while playing Men. Why the buffs?

Morello: The self-cc aspect of Pissing Contest makes it an extremely difficult ability to use, even when it seems necessary. I mean, let's face it, the Impress values that can come from a successful use are usually too good to pass up. Since it is such a mandatory ability and a key component to playing Men, we decided to take a bit of the risk factor away at later levels so as not to punish players for doing what they're supposed to do. After a lot of testing we found that Body Hair wasn't quite doing what we originally intended it to do, and that the large quantities of it could actually become really inhibiting. While some players may see the base reduction as a nerf, I believe most will see the benefit in simply having less.

Items
  • New Item: eTablets
    • 80 Convenience
    • 48 Connectivity
    • 36 Entertainment
    • Unique Aura: Increases nearby opponents envy by 35%
  • Gas price increased to 4.99 from 4.50
  • Minimum wage reduced to 7.00 in all states
  • Airport delay times increased to 1.5 hours from 1 hour
  • VHS has been removed
  • 8-track has been brought back

============================================
Parenthood/Couch Potato Mode Patch
==============================================

Couch Potato Mode!
  • Full control from just one remote
    • Access your T.V., Blu-Ray player, iPad, and even your microwave with just the push of a button
    • Added a wrist strap and a beeper to the remote for those times it gets lost in the cushions of the couch
  • Less wait time
    • Reduced commercial duration by 20%, increased announcer speaking speed by 30% to compensate
    • Added a "Skip Irrelevance" button to the remote control
      • *Note: This function is intended for Michael Bay movies only. Unintentional use during your wife's fave soap operas may result in destruction of personal property
    • New "Epic" search function allows you to filter through programs based on a scale of Not Epic to Epic
      • Currently only programs featuring Chuck Norris appear on the Epic list. We are working on getting his permission to add more programs
  • Automated popcorn/burrito* dispenser
    • Created and gifted to us by the immortal Jesse Perring, we share this incredible tool with the world now. Delicious morsels from heaven will dispense from your remote with the touch of a button
      • *Disclaimer: The burritos will be far too hot to eat. Please do not attempt to eat them unless you have access to Jesse Perring's alternate reality, which you do not
    • Three types of seasonings for your popcorn: Salt, Lemon Pepper, and Cheddar

A.M Launcher v1.3.37
  • Decreased Toe Stub chance by .5%, increased bleeding damage by 10%
  • Decreased duration of Morning Wood by 10 seconds, increased Toilet Aim debuff by 50%
  • Decreased Bad Hair Day chance by 50%, increased Missing Hairbrush chance by 25%
  • Altered graphics to make Bed Wetting more noticeable

Quote:
Phreak: We're noticing a lot of the negative side-effects of Waking Up are being decreased, however their damage and CC are being buffed. Why these changes?

Morello: People have been toying around with different Waking Up builds for a while now, and testing has shown us that it's just too easy to get hit by these negative abilities. By tweaking some of the numbers it becomes more difficult to fully utilize these mechanics, but when you do, the effects are far more noticeable and satisfying.
Real Life v1.80.08
Parenthood, the Wake-Up Call of Real Life
  • Late-Night Bottle Feeding (Passive) - Due to countless sleepless nights, Parenthood will yawn at random intervals throughout the day with a 100% chance to inflict Yawning upon any enemies facing Parenthood.
  • Multi-Task - Parenthood utilizes an extra limb for a short duration. Can be activated up to three times within a few minutes of first activation.
  • You'll Understand When You're Older - Parenthood deflects the next incoming inappropriate query. Can only be used before level 14.
  • Parent's Day - Parenthood gains 30% coolness if its job involves fire or guns.
  • I'm Not in the Mood (Ultimate) - Forced to take care of itself, Parenthood passively gains an increase to *** Drive. Additionally, Parenthood can activate I'm Not in the Mood, immobilizing it in front of a computer/magazine and granting a significant boost to "Attack Speed" for a short duration. The passive component is lost while I'm Not in the Mood is on cooldown.

Geek
  • Decreased base Social Awkwardness to 20 from 45, increased Social Awkwardness per level to 10 from 2.5
  • New Ultimate: Impress the Ladies - In the modern era of technology, Geek uses his awesome programing and gaming skills to woo his fellow lady geeks. Passively grants a percentage bonus to Self-Esteem, can be activated to gain a Nervous Flirting bonus for a short duration.
  • Added a tooltip explaining the difference between Geek and Nerd

Quote:
Phreak: Geek's old ultimate NERDRAGE has been replaced by a completely different ability. What's the reasoning behind such a big change?

Nerf-Master-Suck-Town: Geek's playstyle has become far too diverse, especially as the game modes continue to evolve and develop new roles. Geek had the ability to fit into far too many of those roles, so after some research we decided to change it up a bit. This way, he'll fit much better into the role he was originally designed for, instead of confusing everybody by switching constantly.
Items
  • New Item: Poké Ball
    • 200 Awesome
    • 200 More Awesome
    • Unique Active: Relive all of the greatest moments of your childhood as you attempt to catch 'em all
  • Pens now have a 20% chance to explode in your pocket
  • Decreased Sunburn's damage by 10 points, unless you're Irish
  • Fixed a bug where you would see the exact same lego 10 freaking times and then it would disappear the moment you needed it
  • Michael Bay movies still suck
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Tons of edits in a nutshell: Thanks for the support guys, I'm glad you all liked it. Given up hopes of a red, so I'll keep it as a sort of...blog? Randomly bumping so others can enjoy it as I upload more random notes and PokePictures. Feel free to leave a comment if you liked it!
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Uploaded some of my best work in hopes of a Red! Yay Wobbufet! Yay Pichu!

Dues Pater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

dat phreak

MattM3ister

06-05-2012

This is awesome.

Still Eternity

06-05-2012

Noooo! They removed the Testosterone bug!? DAMMIT.

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Posting in a soon to be big thread

mb9023

06-05-2012

General opinions on the Women's breast nerfs?

pearacus

06-05-2012

I think the women are still a little OP

iTA PvProdigy

06-05-2012

We'll thought out

Helm

06-05-2012

No longer do I have to deal with losing my shoes due to a life error. Thanks riot!

Jumbledcode

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb9023 View Post
General opinions on the Women's breast nerfs?
I'm against it. I think they're fine as they are and I'll protect them with my own hands if I have to.

1234511 ... 34