help wukong

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joy Price

06-05-2012

help wukong for building

Puffy Nipples

06-11-2012

Well I play wukong the most he was my first purchased champ and i still love faking out noobs. First builds i went with were all out dps, cd reduct with leech this was a good idea in theory but I suffered greatly when not fed and farmed poorly. Thus i went into a hybrid off-tank version that had won me about 13-1 games in a row. starting items are as follows:

Initial buy: Boots and 3 health pots (adds much more sustain than a dorans blade)

First trip back: upgrade boots to either mercury treads or berserker greaves depends on enemies.
start/finish brutalizer

Second trip: phage and/or zeal start sheen

Third trip: finish sheen complete trinity force

Forth trip: get a warmogs

fifth trip: atmas impaler

Final trips: are pretty optional want more defense go for a radumons omen (shield with slow procs) or grab some more AD like a infinity edge or black cleaver totally optional.

I use masteries that bolster my offense so id go down that tree first with any extra points going into defense. just get armor penetration for red runes the rest don't matter too much just pick what you want.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy Nipples View Post
Well I play wukong the most he was my first purchased champ and i still love faking out noobs. First builds i went with were all out dps, cd reduct with leech this was a good idea in theory but I suffered greatly when not fed and farmed poorly. Thus i went into a hybrid off-tank version that had won me about 13-1 games in a row. starting items are as follows:

Initial buy: Boots and 3 health pots (adds much more sustain than a dorans blade)

First trip back: upgrade boots to either mercury treads or berserker greaves depends on enemies.
start/finish brutalizer

Second trip: phage and/or zeal start sheen

Third trip: finish sheen complete trinity force

Forth trip: get a warmogs

fifth trip: atmas impaler

Final trips: are pretty optional want more defense go for a radumons omen (shield with slow procs) or grab some more AD like a infinity edge or black cleaver totally optional.

I use masteries that bolster my offense so id go down that tree first with any extra points going into defense. just get armor penetration for red runes the rest don't matter too much just pick what you want.
I want to agree with this but only tentatively. As a Wukong main myself (when I queue with my friends, Wukong is basically all I play haha) I have a few differences:

Initial Buy: Boots/3 against most lane opponents. Against super-harass oriented opponents or opponents that have innate sustain (Riven, Gangplank and Renekton are good examples of this) I sometimes start Cloth/5 instead. If you're confident you can beat your lane opponent, even if they have that sustain or poke, go ahead and take Boots/3 anyway. Cloth/5 is just safer.

First back: I almost always build Madred's Razor as soon as I back, but occasionally if I need a little more sustain because my lane opponent likes hitting me more than usual, I'll go Vamp Scepter before finishing Razor. Either way, I'll finish Wriggle's Lantern ASAP. The free ward is great to protect you from ganks and the proc is a great help in last-hitting.

Second back: Finish Wriggle's if you haven't already, and then finish boots - Merc Treads usually but sometimes Ninja Tabi if the enemy team is really AD-heavy. If you have leftover gold, start building a Phage.

After this:

Here's where it gets tricky. Usually if both team comps are fairly standard, you can definitely finish Trinity Force. Against some enemies (especially if they have Darius) you may want to go for Frozen Mallet instead of Tri Force, but either way the Phage is a good item on Wukong because you can build it into _something_ no matter what. If you're finishing Tri Force, I'll usually build Zeal before Sheen for the extra speed and crit chance.

If you're having trouble with the AP on the enemy team, go for a Hexdrinker ASAP and build it into Maw after your Tri Force or Frozen Mallet is complete. Ever since Maw came out, it's completely changed how I build Wukong because Maw is a decent AP item with nice MR and a really helpful passive.

If you're not having difficulty with enemy AP, but instead are having problems with AD, you have two choices: Frozen Heart, or Atma's. If you've already got Frozen Mallet, by all means get Atma's Impaler, but if you don't (and no one else on your team has a Frozen Heart) go ahead and build that.

If at this point you haven't gotten a Hexdrinker/Maw, it may be a good idea to pick one up anyway. It'll still be useful for its MR and passive in a teamfight, especially if you get focused because of your Q's armor shred and your amazing ult (that leaves you completely vulnerable to counterattacks for 4 seconds). Really the only time to NOT have one is against a team that has completely negligible magic damage.

For my final slot I'll usually build against the enemy. Heavy armor? Get a Last Whisper. Heavy AD? Get some more armor. They have an Ashe/Graves/Yi? Randuin's. Occasionally I'll build a BT or IE here, but you really don't need them. Your purpose in late game is to split push (and hopefully TP into team fights), annoy the enemy team to no end, run away laughing with Decoy, and disrupt the entire enemy team in a fight with your ult. If it gets even further into late game, sell Wriggle's and buy another item like BT or IE then, but you usually will never get that far.

For runes I run ArPen reds, Mana regen/level yellows, and MR blues (it's a generic page I use for tanks and supports so it's a bit all over the place). I have CDR quints (they help more for support but they're still nice to have) but I would prefer Movement Speed quints really.

I'll use 0/21/9 masteries if I need to be the team's tankiest member, but usually I'll run 21/9/0 for the damage and just a little added tankiness.

AceOctopusPocky

06-12-2012

I go magic pen boots, Rod of Ages, Deathcap, Deathfire, Rylai and Void Staff

Puffy Nipples

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngels View Post
I want to agree with this but only tentatively. As a Wukong main myself (when I queue with my friends, Wukong is basically all I play haha) I have a few differences:

Initial Buy: Boots/3 against most lane opponents. Against super-harass oriented opponents or opponents that have innate sustain (Riven, Gangplank and Renekton are good examples of this) I sometimes start Cloth/5 instead. If you're confident you can beat your lane opponent, even if they have that sustain or poke, go ahead and take Boots/3 anyway. Cloth/5 is just safer.

First back: I almost always build Madred's Razor as soon as I back, but occasionally if I need a little more sustain because my lane opponent likes hitting me more than usual, I'll go Vamp Scepter before finishing Razor. Either way, I'll finish Wriggle's Lantern ASAP. The free ward is great to protect you from ganks and the proc is a great help in last-hitting.

Second back: Finish Wriggle's if you haven't already, and then finish boots - Merc Treads usually but sometimes Ninja Tabi if the enemy team is really AD-heavy. If you have leftover gold, start building a Phage.

After this:

Here's where it gets tricky. Usually if both team comps are fairly standard, you can definitely finish Trinity Force. Against some enemies (especially if they have Darius) you may want to go for Frozen Mallet instead of Tri Force, but either way the Phage is a good item on Wukong because you can build it into _something_ no matter what. If you're finishing Tri Force, I'll usually build Zeal before Sheen for the extra speed and crit chance.

If you're having trouble with the AP on the enemy team, go for a Hexdrinker ASAP and build it into Maw after your Tri Force or Frozen Mallet is complete. Ever since Maw came out, it's completely changed how I build Wukong because Maw is a decent AP item with nice MR and a really helpful passive.

If you're not having difficulty with enemy AP, but instead are having problems with AD, you have two choices: Frozen Heart, or Atma's. If you've already got Frozen Mallet, by all means get Atma's Impaler, but if you don't (and no one else on your team has a Frozen Heart) go ahead and build that.

If at this point you haven't gotten a Hexdrinker/Maw, it may be a good idea to pick one up anyway. It'll still be useful for its MR and passive in a teamfight, especially if you get focused because of your Q's armor shred and your amazing ult (that leaves you completely vulnerable to counterattacks for 4 seconds). Really the only time to NOT have one is against a team that has completely negligible magic damage.

For my final slot I'll usually build against the enemy. Heavy armor? Get a Last Whisper. Heavy AD? Get some more armor. They have an Ashe/Graves/Yi? Randuin's. Occasionally I'll build a BT or IE here, but you really don't need them. Your purpose in late game is to split push (and hopefully TP into team fights), annoy the enemy team to no end, run away laughing with Decoy, and disrupt the entire enemy team in a fight with your ult. If it gets even further into late game, sell Wriggle's and buy another item like BT or IE then, but you usually will never get that far.

For runes I run ArPen reds, Mana regen/level yellows, and MR blues (it's a generic page I use for tanks and supports so it's a bit all over the place). I have CDR quints (they help more for support but they're still nice to have) but I would prefer Movement Speed quints really.

I'll use 0/21/9 masteries if I need to be the team's tankiest member, but usually I'll run 21/9/0 for the damage and just a little added tankiness.
While armor + 5 pots is viable if you want a madrids i find madrids pretty useless when i hit level 8+ since i can easily kill creeps with a simple nimbus strike the added attack speed kills mobs fast. Tanking life and sustain is important because you can get 2-4 nimbus/crushing blows off in rapid succession before needing to retreat especially with blue buff. when you get low "W" out typically i can average 150,000+ damage per game while being very robust and tanky, Ex. Jumping into a death ball to cyclone yet escaping with more than 50% hp thats huge in teamfights.