The divisions in elo. Plat Gold Silver.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElijahWyatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

282,483 Fixie2 2-2 1200 Lowest elo, 1200 is top 100% From person 2 we conclude that bronze is also bottom 75%
71,275 BoQiDaDaoLian 108-94 1400 71270/282480= 0.252 meaning silver is top 25%
27,556 ElijahWyatt 569-550 1538 27550/282480=0.097 meaning top 10~11% is gold. (me)
2,823 Jonah379 30-7 1900 2820/282480=0.0099 meaning platinum is top 1%.

So, from the ranked ladder only (1200+)
a the beggining of each Rank
Bronze is top 100%(or bottom 75%)
Silver is top 25%
Gold is top 10%
Platinum is top 1%

And thats only at the beggining of each rank(1200 1400 1520 1900)
AND THATS ALSO only the ranked board. Assuming elo decay/inflation has had no large impact, the real value of these are halfed.

Meaning if you include everyone

Bronze is top 50%
silver is top 12.5%
Gold is top 5%
Plat is top .5%

AND THATS THE LEAST IT COULD POSSIBLY BE. Most likely the average is not 1200, due to elo decay the average is most likely around 1100.~1000. Meaning that bronze is like top 20% ect ect.

And those are the DEFENITE devisions in the ranked ladder for elo, and the PROBABLE devisions in the entire solo que ladder ranked or not.

Crappy Aim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

You're dumb. The people below 1200 are not shown on the ladder. Easily possible that they outnumber the people above 1200 elo.

PuIsefire Lux

06-05-2012

Just very wrong.
Nice try though, you put work into it.

ElijahWyatt

06-05-2012

This is a thread for all those people who say "They posted that devision in like 2011 in pre season 2, so its extremely outdated". Then i've seen people go on to assume people at silver are average. -_- Anyways, this is the current math to prove that in the ranked ladder alone, the devisions riot posted still apply.

ElijahWyatt

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crappy Aim View Post
You're dumb. The people below 1200 are not shown on the ladder. Easily possible that they outnumber the people above 1200 elo.
I know this, thats why i said theoretically without elo decay/inflation, the median is 1200. Which is true. Which is why i calculated that first. Then i went on to say, most likely the median is 1100~1000. Did you not read that? Then i said the real bronze % is somewhere around top 20%.

ElijahWyatt

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZllNGA View Post
Just very wrong.
Nice try though, you put work into it.
What is wrong with what i said. I said, the first numbers are the devisions in the RANKED LADDER OF SOLO QUE ONLY.

Then i did a theoritcal assuming something i know to be false, but in a perfect world would be true, showed the closest possible numbers that i can get to without straight guessing. With the knowledge i had, i gave the "Probable" % for the entire ladder ranked or unranked alike.

Then i just guessed at what most likely is the real value, meaning there is absolutely no backing and its just a guess not ment for anything but speculation.

-_-

What was i wrong about? The random guess?

ElijahWyatt

06-05-2012

bump

Lebron Games

06-05-2012

elo decay stops at 1400

ElijahWyatt

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron Games View Post
elo decay stops at 1400
yes, meaning every time someone loses 10 elo the system loses 10 elo. This wouldn't be a problem, untill they come back. Shoving everyone down by the amount they lost/ how many people are below said person. So after millions of elo gets lost from the system, the average elo shifts farther and farther down. Who knows a million elo lost through decay, and the person coming back, might only shove the system down from 1200 to 1190. But, after 6+ months im sure enough has been lost to shove it down to around1100~1000. Its slowly counteracted through elo inflation(happens once every month or so... small amounts of + 6's.... not very much....

Also another form this takes is from people like reep. Every time he dodges and regians any elo, he shoves the system down farther and farther. This is being solved atm, but elo decay will always remain and enless riot either destroys elo decay and resets the system, (along with stoping dodges), or starts actively giving + 10 elo(or however much is needed) every time the average dips below 1200, the average will forever remain below 1200

ElijahWyatt

06-05-2012

bump