Do you think in-game models need buffs to look closer to the splash arts?

Yes. They make the game less attractive. 2,747 79.21%
No. They are good enough. 721 20.79%
Voters: 3468. You may not vote on this poll

Which Splash Art Disappointed You Most?

1234511 ... 31
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hentitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

feel free to say Which Splash Art Disappointed You most (especially the ones cost your RP)
I would try to make comparisons so that more people can judge them.
please Upvote or Poll to show the need for improvements

good sites for viewing the in-game models:

1. League of Legends Skin Viewer
    Attachment 453773
    (But not all up-to-date)

2. LOLKING [new!]
    Attachment 470316
    (warning: do not view Candy Cane MF or Sivir from bottom)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: Is the color-blind mode actually made for the one who is in charge of 3D modeling?
Attachment 453839 Attachment 453840 (Tired of misled by the color of "Magic Effect", right?)

edit: I do not touch Dota2, but why LoL can't do what they did as well?
Every hero got a very uniqle face.
Attachment 453697 Attachment 453704 Attachment 453705
for more: http://www.giantbomb.com/dota-2/61-3...2_/51-1917601/

edit: will update to show more, not just new skins

edit: suggest showing the 3D model before confirm to purchase a skin
(because what every pc shows are different)

edit: cannot change the title of the thread, so opened a new one for making less confuse
(original thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2146902)

edit: I think Draven is a good answer to ones who said LoL is a game launched 3 yrs ago and don't expect too much from it.
nice ones:
Attachment 453713 Attachment 455175
graphic? engine? no, it's effort.
Attachment 461769

edit: It is okay for a company to give low quality free gifts and sell high quality products.
but if the products have any problems, consumers should have the right to say.
have to quote this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuXI View Post
For starters, it wouldn't be a huge issue as you try and make it out to be. They already improved the base quality so the system can handle more High-In graphics and it wouldn't take too much more to download either. Also, for all the gamers that have computers that can't handle it, they can turn down the quality, but the high-in graphics should be available for all those who want it.

This is how I see it, the splash art is suppose to represent the model, so if the model doesn't meet or exceed the splash art's quality, false advertising. Ya, the art is cool and all, but it portrays a false image. False advertising is a crime for a reason, if they want to release a disclaimer explaining this then that'd be all fine and dandy, but as far as I know they don't. And from my understanding, they want the splash art to represent the model and thus, the model should match the art.

If people buy something and then when they take it out of the box, it looks nothing like the image displayed on the box, what do you think would happen? They'd get upset, why? because they were sold something under false pretenses. If the box said "Contents may differ then image displayed," The company covered there ass but it's still a low blow.

So, for me the art is what I'm paying for, and I expect the art in game to be just as bad ass. I mean, I payed money for it, I followed my end of the bargain. To provided the amount of said resource. That'd be the RP they asked for, aka money. So of course I want said resource in return, the art in game and out to be available for my use and to be accurate.
edit: hey, riot zoom-in their models too (see Mad Scientist Singed below)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2238714

edit: over 3000 votes, zZZ Riot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Imagine, you bought those skins without knowing how they look like in game)

Improvement needed:
old ones:
Attachment 453693 Attachment 453694 Attachment 453692 Attachment 453700
Attachment 453756 Attachment 453771 Attachment 453853 Attachment 453854
Attachment 453951
(Yes, u won't zoom in to see their face clearly in game, just to let u know how their actually look is.)

<No more zoomed-in face mode>
Attachment 454441 Attachment 454624 Attachment 456199 Attachment 461687
Attachment 461698 Attachment 461731 Attachment 462471 Attachment 462514
Attachment 463399 Attachment 464387 Attachment 467695 Attachment 469637
Attachment 470348

latest examples:
Attachment 453695 Attachment 453699 Attachment 453698 Attachment 462459
Attachment 454442 Attachment 523027
(see how they follow the details as they designed)

tried to fix:

Helen Keller

06-04-2012

can you put this in english

ThePolishOne

06-04-2012

Oh good lord that Frostblade Irelia...

Xyrne

06-04-2012

Rofl, I remember seeing Cass's splash and thinking "oh boy she's a hot gorgon lady" then getting in game with her and seeing her face.. omgno.

Icy Prinny

06-04-2012

Darius isn't that bad.

Hell, he seems to have the most detailed face out of all the champions shown here.

Uroboros

06-04-2012

Riven's Redeemed skin still irritates me. It would have been awesome if not for that really crappy color. Hexatech Janna is also a mild disappointment, since she's a brunette in her pic, and looks awesome as it, but is blonde in her model.

azm

Recruiter

06-04-2012

No wonder people turn to stone when Cass looks at them...

CataclysmCrash

06-04-2012

I never really zoom in far enough to notice, but yeah, some of them are pretty bad.

You should compare Kingpin Twitch with his splash and in-game.

You'll laugh.

Dance Dark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

I don't think faces are a HUGE deal, but they should at least be acceptable. Most people buy skins for their awesome designs and themes, like Blackthorn Morgana, not for their faces. But faces like Frostblade Irelia and Classic Cassiopeia should be fixed. They don't have to be perfect look alikes, but they shouldn't be noticeably horrible.

Hentitan

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
can you put this in english
bad enough to make u can't understand my words?

1234511 ... 31