What does the character difficulty really mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amshel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2009

I know it says its supposed to be a measure of how hard a character is to learn, but Aviana says shes hard to learn but I do better with then with some easy champs. How is it decided? It seems like an interesting concept, anyway.

Dzung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2009

they drew straws

Ferisar

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzung View Post
they drew straws
I think they had a cosplay fight-off between all of the office dressed as one character in the game. The ones that died first were then branded "difficult to master"

Kharnath

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amshel View Post
I know it says its supposed to be a measure of how hard a character is to learn, but Aviana says shes hard to learn but I do better with then with some easy champs. How is it decided? It seems like an interesting concept, anyway.
It is a good guideline for the most part, especially for newer players. I remember Kassadin was the first champ I touched and I got rocked...

I played Tristana afterwords, moved to Jax, then went back to try Kassadin who is now my favorite champion.

And I own with him! It's just a matter of people getting used to the mechanics of the game before they can grasp champions with more situation, and "complicated" abilities.

Anniie

10-29-2009

Difficulty = how hard it is to stomp in pubs with said champion.

Mysterious D

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
Difficulty = how hard it is to stomp in pubs with said champion.
Agreed.

ketchup

10-29-2009

Difficulty = How easy it is for newer players to pick the champion up and play.

Autern

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferisar View Post
I think they had a cosplay fight-off between all of the office dressed as one character in the game. The ones that died first were then branded "difficult to master"
I want behind the scenes video of said event.

Redskizzers

10-29-2009

Means nothin. Don't believe me? Go check the difficulty on tryndamere, and then go check it on nassy.

Meta

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskizzers View Post
Means nothin. Don't believe me? Go check the difficulty on tryndamere, and then go check it on nassy.
Have you ever seen a beginner play Tryndamere?...