Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP or AD?

AP 24 34.29%
AD 46 65.71%
Voters 70 .

Ap Ezreal or AD? (solo mid)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuyuumi

06-04-2012

AP = Essence Flux + Arcane Shift.
AD = Mystic Shot + Ult.

Both are viable, which do you prefer and why?

Cenerae

06-04-2012

AP Ezreal has problems farming, and also has the awkward issue of having one of his nukes tied to an escape mechanism.

AD Ezreal is much, much more reliable.

ProPlayerEd

06-05-2012

AD Ezreal would much better because his Q is his main dmg dealer but as an AP its ur W and that has a loooooooooong CD and still a decently high mana cost.

Better to stick with AD
~~~~ProPlayerEd

The Perfect Thug

06-05-2012

Keep in mind that ezreals mystic shot adds the proc of lichs bane when fired so its a formidable ap tool

Qeuscis

06-06-2012

Ezreal is very good in mid lane as a counter to skill shot and short range mages. He can harass and escape but he can't push very well until he gets sheen.

Regardless of AP or AD he does well in the laning phase. However, I personally feel AP is the better pick in mid because he benefits from levels far more, and can get blue buff to use more spells which deal more damage than the spells of AD ezreal.

Finally, bursting is better in lane as long strings of autoattacks, AD Ezreal's primary damage, is somewhat dangerous to do.

Kikhan

06-07-2012

AP Ez really is not viable, sure you can do it but, it is his weakest build. Also for the sake of this question AD is generally stronger vs most AP mids if you can avoid or out harrass the burst especialy when you both are at level 6 or just over.

ProPlayerEd

06-07-2012

Besides other Mages like Malzahar or Lux would be more perfered in Mid lane than an AP Ezreal so he generally is at Bot lane where would be best suited as an AD carry.

Resets R Us

01-06-2013

You have it all wrong bro.

AD Ezreal = Q and Auto Attack and maybe a little bit of ult
AP Ezreal = W, E, and R since your ult R scales alot more off AP than AD i think ur ult scales off like 88% of ur ability power and maybe like 30% AD

Resets R Us

01-06-2013

but like it's said he has problems farming but i've also had alot of gg's where i never farmed but killed champs like crazy cause of the AP dmg output.

Resets R Us

01-06-2013

I went 8-0 on my AP ezreal build b4 and the other team just decided to surrender at 20 that's how scared they seemed to be.