Who is the absolute strongest champion? (Lore wise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N0 Seoul

06-12-2012

Nasus is the strongest, by far. Imagine how strong his Siphoning Strike is after farming it his entire life.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

why isnt hecarim on this list ?

Sk4r3Kr0w

06-13-2012

I won't argue that Nasus, Jax and all these other champions are not powerful, they are. Being immortal wins though, I haven't read every character's lore but I know most of the ones named here, and I still stand by my words earlier about Anivia being the strongest.

Someone mentioned earlier that Brand could beat her, no he couldn't. Though he is a Fire element, his lore mentions nothing of his intelligence but speaks of him as a being of chaos who has no control. Anivia is spoken of with a very high intellect and is supposed to be very wise, this alone wins that fight.

Her not being a god, maybe not in a literal sense, but she is the closest thing to a god in league. Also, all things considered.. in her lore it mentions the end of the world that she is waiting for, even if the world ends in fire, fire doesn't last forever. Ice however, after the fire dies, which it would inevitably (which is stated in her lore) would remain.

She is peaceful and has no reason to fight, which is probably why we don't know what she is capable of. We already know she is incredibly powerful, yet we know so little about her. Think about it.

Soramaru

06-13-2012

I still want it to be Master Yi on his old glory...

Master Yi old lore
If asked, Yi will tell you he was born from wisps of the cosmos, and that is why he moves like the wind. Those who have faced him in combat know the bite of the Wuju Bladesman- he strikes twice, without warning, and is gone. Often, the only clue that you are about to be struck by Master Yi is the hiss of his blade as it parts the air. Keeper of the ancient art of Wuju, Master Yi is a mystical warrior from the isle of Ionia. His village was steeped in Wuju, and his kinfolk were some of the few to carry the tradition into the modern day. That is, until the armies of Noxus came to Ionia, ravaging the land. Master Yi went to fight the craven enemy, bringing his village honor through his unparalleled mastery of the blade. However, in his absence, the armies of Noxus closed in and tested the latest invention of the chemist now known as Singed. What was done to his village is something of which Master Yi will not speak. However, he has brought his mastery of the blade to the League of Legends in order to avenge his kinfolk and end the predations of the Noxus once and for all. Master Yi brings the art of the Wuju style in a way that makes his enemies falter. He is capable of fighting with lightning speed, as well as finding purchase behind the defenses of an enemy's armor. He can call on his inner fortitude, regenerating at an accelerated rate. Calling upon ancient forces, Master Yi can fold space, appearing behind enemy after enemy. He is even able to reject magic, rendering it useless against him. Master Yi himself has studied the arts of Wuju for more than a thousand years. He is the oldest known living human on Valoran, but to gaze upon him, you would guess him no more than thirty years old. The art of Wuju lives on in Master Yi, and is plunged through the hearts of his foes.

talemaster

06-13-2012

"he strikes twice, without warning, and is gone"

thats so true!

Astraltar

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuzAnn View Post
You're assuming that Veigar's cartoon-villain status wouldn't come around to foil him there, too. (Not saying Jax can beat a black hole, cause he can't, but it's VEIGAR we're talking about here.) Yes, Veigar is super powerful, but what has he done? Tried to steal a precious yordle landmark with balloons and horseshoes and... Has he actually done anything else? I doubt Veigar could do something as simple as sticking someone in a black hole without messing it up somehow. It's his nature, and as a character he's meant to be the "villain" that we all get a good laugh out of.

Here's what I would imagine happening given Veigar's insane wannabe villain nature:
-Veigar traps Jax in his magical black hole, or whatever the Tiny Master of Evil happens to feel like using at the moment.
-Instead of just killing him, Veigar is so taken with the fact that he's actually winning for once that he starts to villainously monologue right on the spot with Jax as his literally-captive audience.
-Veigar takes so long with his monologue that Teemo finds him and decides to shoot him with as many darts as possible while his back is turned.
-Veigar passes out from the poison on Teemo's darts and the spell is lifted, releasing Jax.

I'll believe that Veigar can be competent as a villain when I see it. So far he's done nothing for the most part and when he actually did do something that might be worth-while he bungled it by making it so ridiculous that it was bound to be foiled somehow. If he's the master of space and gravity why didn't he just make the Mothership itself lighter, and then just tow it away like a balloon and kill everyone present with a black hole? Why didn't he just kill everyone anyway when he was making his escape when he actually tried to steal the Mothership? And why hasn't he used his powers to land large meteorites on the city-states that he's so eager to "bring to their knees"?

I doubt he'd even be smart or non-crazy enough to trap Jax in a black hole, he'd probably use something goofy like magic tar or whatever instead of going straight to the big stuff like he aught to. All his power, which I do believe he has a lot of, is basically worthless if he can't use it right. Nasus, Malzahar, Cho'Gath, Anivia, etc. are all able to utilize their power to the fullest and will likely do so if the need arises. Even Renekton does better despite his insanity because he's actually seen as a threat and will actually kill you if given the chance. And he will enjoy it. Immensely.

In the way of power level, as in how much raw power he possesses, yeah I would rank Veigar pretty high. But as far as the ability to use it given what his intent is supposed to be? He's pretty much a non-factor unless you want something to laugh at when comparing him to the champions who can actually use their power to its maximum effect. If Veigar were somehow able to become un-crazy and shed his cartoon-villain status then yes, I believe he could become the ruler of Valoran, if not the universe(no guarantee with our other powerful contenders/defenders but he would be able to compete with his abilities). But as he is now? No, he's not a legitimate threat and he is nowhere near using his powers to their fullest. I wonder if those dark wizards who tutored Veigar are either shaking their heads in disappointment or laughing cause they knew he'd be such great entertainment.

EDIT: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...-august-21-cle
a) This is a one-on-one duel situation. Teemo is not allowed to come in here.
b) Jax would die long before Veigar even got into his villainous monologue, because it's a black hole we're talking about here.
c) Even assuming all your logic is correct, what about Nasus or Renekton, who are physically adept and could probably hold Jax off? Or Xerath, who is literally impossible to hurt with a lamppost? (Not to mention Xerath would probably just send an electric surge down the lamppost and into Jax, killing him instantly.)

bbiocide

06-13-2012

ahri es numero uno. All male champion = dead soz

KuzAnn

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraltar View Post
a) This is a one-on-one duel situation. Teemo is not allowed to come in here.
b) Jax would die long before Veigar even got into his villainous monologue, because it's a black hole we're talking about here.
c) Even assuming all your logic is correct, what about Nasus or Renekton, who are physically adept and could probably hold Jax off? Or Xerath, who is literally impossible to hurt with a lamppost? (Not to mention Xerath would probably just send an electric surge down the lamppost and into Jax, killing him instantly.
@A: Teemo seemed appropriate because he was the guy who shot Veigar down the last time he tried something "evil", which makes him the "hero" to Veigar's "villain" for now. You want me to come up with another way that Veigar could mess himself up? Like tipping over a rock and breaking his concentration as he paces during his monologue or even becoming so swept up in said monologue that he loses his grip on the spell and it dissipates?

@B: It's a black hole that has somehow not sucked the entirety of Runeterra into it, you'd think Veigar is either A. able to control it, or B. it doesn't work like a normal black hole. Because a black hole is naturally freakishly selective about what it sucks into itself, right? And as I said before, we don't even know if Veigar would be smart enough to use the black hole on his first try. He's Veigar. And note that I even added "or whatever the Tiny Master of Evil happens to feel like using at the moment" in the battle scenario.

@C: Assuming my logic is correct? You've read that JoJ article, right? Veigar is pretty much doomed to the life of a Saturday morning cartoon villain, and you think he could actually succeed at killing someone? We're talking about the guy who uses horseshoes and balloons in an attempt to steal a precious landmark even though he could use his power to do something more direct with it, doesn't even know what he's going to do with said landmark once he's stolen it, is too busy talking to notice incoming threat to said balloons, and once foiled flies off yelling "you haven't seen the last of me" and "I'll get you next time" only to be shot down by Teemo. It's to the point where if you have him do something totally serious he stops being Veigar. He is meant to be that way, and honestly I don't want him to change, because I like him the way he is. He's funny and I'd be pretty sad if we didn't have our adorable little ball of evil, however incompetent he might be.

And I added a post farther down about Nasus and Xerath vs Jax if you had bothered to read that far, because otherwise you wouldn't have added part C since it's already been covered. Jax would be unable to deal with them unless he got his hands on specialized weapons and armor, and who knows where or if those things are made? (Since apparently I need to repeat myself on this.) And I also mentioned that Renekton did a better job than Veigar in the very post you quoted.

I'm not mad about this or anything, but it's pretty annoying when it seems like you go through and either miss or outright ignore facts or things that I've already stated. The evidence to back up Veigar's nature is in the JoJ(and honestly I wish we'd had more articles about his antics, it would have been really fun to read), and if you had used someone competent like Nasus or Xerath in your example, I would have agreed with you and not stepped in at all.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbiocide View Post
ahri es numero uno. All male champion = dead soz
Ezreal begs to differ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpL9r...446C15A9B32E0B

EpicLotus

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraltar View Post
So let's put your logic up against someone like Veigar:

-Veigar summons a mile-wide black hole centered around Jax.
-Jax tries to leap-strike out and fails spectacularly.
-Jax dies.
-Veigar puts Teemo down as his next target.

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.
So letīs put your logic up, Veigar vs Jax:

-Before Veigar can even lift his wand to cast a blackhole;
-Jax smashes his skull, biatch died.

See? thereīs a problem when you make assumptions, you have to take all the considerations into itīs place.

I really see Veigar as one of the strongest (if not the strongest) mages in the LoL, but i seriously doubt he can cast a black hole that quickly and easily...

And most importantly, that Jax would just sit back and relax, letting veigar cast that without doing nothing.

My logic is better than yours and you should feel bad.

And just to clarify, Jax is IMHO the strongest in a 1vs1 fight, but that doesnīt necessarily mean his is the most powerfull champion....
For example Cho Gath can quite literally destroy the world if left unatended, something that jax canīt do.