Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who is the absolute strongest champion? (Lore wise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LyoNaka

09-21-2014

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I would rank Cho'gath up there for sure....let's not forget that in his Lore they talk about how he was so powerful that they had to trap him within the League of Legends as a means of containment. I wonder what would happen if he got out...Everything from the void seems pretty terrifying honestly (purely lore based here)...I cant wait to see what other forms of chaos the Void will bring and who (or what) is pulling the strings from the other side...

Rainbowgasm

09-21-2014

Considering who Wukong is based on, he has a fair shot for the same reasons annie does. For all we know his power cap is as limitless as his Taoist stone monkey counterpart.

Quote:
Actually it is Olaf, no matter what he does he is destined to die of old age.

well that makes Zilean his only weakness then. Also, Sejuani has the same advantage Olaf has, her destiny is to unite the Freljord under her control. (that's why Olaf only fights her to a stalemate in his lore)

Exodyce

09-24-2014

How is Lux not on this list? Did people just forget she was a character?

Lux can reverse engineer arcane magic after SEEING a spell cast once. I feel like people don't actually know that she can do more than just bend light, because this ability alone makes her an unmatched arcanist, not to mention the fact that she can command light. Her ability to control light is so expansive that she can cause light to stop acting as a wave and instead act as particles to form physical barriers. Also, the fact that she can bend light to the point where she is invisible means that she can continuously and perfectly bend light towards, away from, or around objects. This means that she can not only hide herself in plain sight, but also she can bend light away from the eyes of others, essentially blinding them (although she could also just physically blind someone as well). Not to mention the fact that she can twist light so densely that physically slows people trying to move through it. Finally, she concentrate light so finely that it causes immense amounts of destruction which she can do from a very far distance.

And this is only scratching the surface, but Lux is definitely one of the strongest by far.

DaemonBomb

09-28-2014

The strongest champion? That is a difficult question.
What exactly is power? Ryze says that Xerath lacks control over his power. Xerath may be able to destroy, but he might have difficulty doing anything with magic other than destruction. Ryze is helping Zilean fix his temporal displacement, which shows a great understanding of magic. I think that the being with the greatest potential power might be Veigar. He can apparently regain mana at a massive rate, and his magical power could be infinite, simply because he gains power with every life he takes. He is a mage killer as well, and could possible obliterate an unleashed Xerath with a simple primordial burst.

Jax isn't a contender. He doesn't need a real weapon to be effective, true, but Lee Sin and Udyr don't need ANY weapons to be effective.

Actually, you know, Shaco could be pretty powerful, if the whole "Embodiment of all the sadism and hate and bad feelings" thing is true. If that's true, then that implies he is actually just letting things happen. He is fueled by the evil and sadism and pain of the Shadow Isles, of Noxus, of all the wars. He is actually friends with Fiddlesticks and Nocturne, so he probably isn't just a normal human.

Fish Master9000

09-28-2014

Why is everybody forgetting Darius. He led an army through a losing battle and won. His strength is legendary.

SkarnerScorpion

10-01-2014

Well, apparently sion is now an unstoppable unkillable juggernaut who only got taken down by jarvan, and a whole army of demacians... I'd say hes up there in the non-ascended list now.

The Cool Persian

10-03-2014

Honestly if it would come out to an all out brawl, I have to go with Cho'Gath, I mean many of the champions in this game are EXTREMELY POWERFUL lore wise, however, with the Nasus and Renekton lore update, they are no longer gods so therefore my vote goes to Cho'Gath simply because he is a Kajiu that can devour anything, and if your counter argument is Nocturne is made up of nothing As far as we know Cho'Gath doesn't dream so if Cho'Gath ate Nocturne, well Nocturne wouldn't be able to hurt him

Skizzify

10-03-2014

Quote:
Fish Master9000:
Why is everybody forgetting Darius. He led an army through a losing battle and won. His strength is legendary.

Darius is no where near Nasus's strength. Nasus can easily crush Darius into a tiny little speck. So much for being the "hand of Noxus."

InvisibleChogath

10-04-2014

Quote:
Amerlect:
We're talking lore-wise here. Try not to take the champion's kit into this.

Yes I know we're talking about it lore-wise, however, his "eating thing" is not normal in his own way; he is a monster from the void who have ability to grow endlessly nonstop. I think he can face Xerath; and his Xerath-made-of-energy-and-cannot-be-hit-by-anyone-theory is just a theory too. There's no official announcement that says Xerath cannot be hit by any physical damage. Even though he is made of pure energy, he can still be dispersed or disturbed.

Fish Master9000

10-05-2014

Quote:
Skizzify:
Darius is no where near Nasus's strength. Nasus can easily crush Darius into a tiny little speck. So much for being the "hand of Noxus."

Out of all of the champians talked about (Cho gath, noctern or xerath) Nasus is the one that Darius could beat.