Who is the absolute strongest champion? (Lore wise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astraltar

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post
Jax wins because the powers of other stronger champions are limited. For example, lets say Kayle who may or may not be weaker wasn't limited. She would simply fly outside of Jax's range and reign fire down upon him until sure enough, he was dead.

Don't put limits on Jax and all you have is a normal, common, everyday foot soldier. That's all you have. Period. There is speculation that he is a high summoner, but this is NOT confirmed, and even if it was even the strongest of summoners are scared of certain champions.

Now, let me quote Nasus's lore really quick:

While not LITERALLY gods, they were SO POWERFUL that every single thing that wasn't them looked to them as if they were or could be if the corrupted won.

So hold up, summoners, arguably the most powerful magicians in all of Valoran, the same magicians who put an entire town into a time stasis, the same people when training blew up entire villages on accident (Lee Sin), the SAME PEOPLE that the mightiest city states fear individually, are PLEADING FOR MERCY. Think about that.

Everyone likes to blow a lot of champions abilities out of proportion. We haven't heart if Cho'Gath can have limitless stacks, which doesn't sound plausible but think, if he could he would be slain VERY quickly before he reached an unmanageable size, PLUS he's contained.

Fiddlesticks, while deadly, is only a problem that's unresolved because:

1.) He isn't a problem so long as you stay out of his room

and

2.) He serves a function while keeping himself in seclusion.

How powerful is he? He can probably slay about three summoners at once by himself, maybe more if he uses crowstorm. I highly doubt he could take Nasus or even Cho'Gath individually.

The reason I firmly believe Nasus to be this big of a threat is simple: Out of all the champs, he is one of two that technically has no limit in power, he is unquestionably powerful and the most mighty of magic users fear him, EVEN AS A COLLECTIVE. You ever hear a summoner complain about Cho'Gath? Maybe if he met Cho sure, but actually keeping him locked up, nope.

Nocturne is one of the only other champions that give summoners pause, but he is literally a slave. He can't escape his negation field unless someone manages to release him, which won't happen unless someone like Shaco (unreasonably insane) manages to do it. Brand is much in the same boat, which should tell you how powerful summoners are. They captured the elemental of fire. That's just insane.

Anivia lives forever, literally, but she doesn't seem that threatening compared to the other champions. She has experience but in terms of power? She's just a phoenix.
You forgot Xerath, the literal incarnation of magic, but other than that, nice job!

Axxlon

06-07-2012

Obviously Lux.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhrFDZ8vfFU

But no in all honestly, judging from what i've read here, it seems to be Nasus.

Meztere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Well, let's create an hierarchy, so to say. Nasus being at the top for the strongest, who would be the second strongest? And the third, fourth, etc. ?

Verandure

06-09-2012

Among current champions, I would say you guys have them all fairly well, but what about whatever is causing the void "catastrophe" in Icathia? The ability to pervert summoners from that far away makes whatever it is sound leagues above the... league... of...dangit.

Heimerdinger. Intellect beats all.

Tehpersuns

06-09-2012

Either Jax or Yi.
Jax has a 'lore wise' massive winning streak. Wukong, who's ultimate goal is to beat Master Yi, is only slightly weaker than Jax. So the logic flows
Jax>most
Jax>Wukong<Master Yi

p.s. Brand isn't the spirit of fiery destruction, demacian forces easily overpowered him before he was 'bound' by the league.

Nínes

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post
Out of all the champs, he is one of two that technically has no limit in power
And the other is Veigar who i think is more powerful.Why? Because Veigars Baleful Strike gives hm ap instead of just making it self stronger. thus all his spells are made more powerful. Now When i play Veigar i usually get at least 40 ap farmed now where does that go after each math? I think it is either sealed by the league so he isnt to OP or he voluntarily hides perhaps so that the summoners who summon him cant steal it(yes I know thats probably impossible but this is Veigar were talking about).

TheMeta88

06-09-2012

I think Nocturne might be the second strongest lorewise.

Look at his lore.

Quote:
Perhaps the most disturbing theory is that Nocutrne is a person's nightmare. If this is true, they wonder, who is the dreamer?
It sounds as if Nocturne was litterally the nightmare of a God. And from his judgement.

Quote:
From all of them, he consumed the magic that rippled through their souls.
He can devour the magical energy of his victims. If left to his own devices in his "true form" could he become almost omnipotent because of all that he has eaton?

I think he is definatly something to consider. Plus think. If Nasus is as powerful as we say than what can he really do to his own nightmares? Perhaps his intellect could over come it but still it would take time.

Plus do we really know what Nocturne's true form is? Perhaps he does not have one! The form we know is what came out of the mechanics mind. In Nocturnes nightmare world perhaps he has no true form and instead takes the form of the targets worst fear!

That is litterally TERRIFYINGLY powerful!

Astraltar

06-09-2012

Here's the updated list.

From the old list on page 1:
-Xerath, Anivia, Brand, Nasus, Renekton, Kayle, Morgana, Karthus, and Nocturne all are known to have massive power.
-Mordekaiser, Hecarim, Fiddlesticks, and Varus are of unknown power.

Here are the additions.

Malzahar. He is basically the envoy from the Void to Valoran, and contains amazing power. Not really sure why no one thought of him yet.
Veigar. He belongs in the "wild card" list: no one knows exactly how much power he has.
By the way, on Annie, she will probably be a candidate when she's older, but for now, she won't get onto this list.

DISCREDITED CHAMPIONS:

-Jax, Yi, or any other person without magical abilities. Say all you like about the lack of judgment and the streak of wins; melee users simply can't win against anyone like Xerath (see the last post on page 2 for more information.)
-Technically, Renekton. It is known that Nasus was able to beat him, so he's technically not the most powerful champion. He is still of CONSIDERABLE power, however.

TheMeta88

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraltar View Post
Here's the updated list.

From the old list on page 1:
-Xerath, Anivia, Brand, Nasus, Renekton, Kayle, Morgana, Karthus, and Nocturne all are known to have massive power.
-Mordekaiser, Hecarim, Fiddlesticks, and Varus are of unknown power.

Here are the additions.

Malzahar. He is basically the envoy from the Void to Valoran, and contains amazing power. Not really sure why no one thought of him yet.
Veigar. He belongs in the "wild card" list: no one knows exactly how much power he has.
By the way, on Annie, she will probably be a candidate when she's older, but for now, she won't get onto this list.

DISCREDITED CHAMPIONS:

-Jax, Yi, or any other person without magical abilities. Say all you like about the lack of judgment and the streak of wins; melee users simply can't win against anyone like Xerath (see the last post on page 2 for more information.)
-Technically, Renekton. It is known that Nasus was able to beat him, so he's technically not the most powerful champion. He is still of CONSIDERABLE power, however.
The void in general should be at the top of any lists made. Cho gath only stopped because he felt the League would be fun or whatever. untill then the league is terrified of when he gets "bored".

Kog Maw only stopped his rampage of a feast when Malzahar pretty much told him stop eating that junk food and come sample the best Runeterra has to offer!

And if Karthus is considered close to the top of the list it is worth mentioning that when he got involved with the fight between Malz and Kass he died.....again.

I agree annie is a candidate when she grows up. TBH if you want to get an idea look at Lina from Dota. I would image her theme is inspired by her.

viegar is also very powerful I would image but is often ruined by his own clumsyness and general insanity.

Speaking of which lets not forget Renekton! This dude might be even stronger than Nasus if you think about it!

Nasus was the teacher. He stayed in the Library and taught people while learning on his own as well. Renekton was the guard to all this! All this knowledge and power and he was the placed as the guard dog so to speak. He has to have considerable power!

I think he has an almost incredible Hulk sorta thing going on. Think about it. In Lore and in game he more or less gains strength from his rage! But rage makes you crazy and almost blind! You bumrush and dont use strategy! Think about his Judgement or lore. Nasus warned him not to attack under the fountain but he still charged in enraged!

He is also the only other one. besides maokai, to be "shown" at full power or close to it in a league match. At that level he runs right over rammus, allistar and miss fortune to get to his prize.

And as he was turning mad his rage cause him to
Quote:
turn on the one being that could defeat him -- his own brother
. So Nasus was either his equal or a bit stronger! Im guessing his equal and in his mindless rage he was no match for Nasus calm intellect and combat prowess! Renektons rage was matched blow for blow with knowledge! But knowledge only goes so far and if Renekton was enraged enough would even Nasus stand a chance?

Tehpersuns

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraltar View Post
Here's the updated list.

DISCREDITED CHAMPIONS:

There are many times when magic users have been over powered with martial strength. Teemo beating Vieger, Jarvan going toe to toe with Swain, and it's implied that Wukong has defeated several of the league's champions in duels, including its many powereful mages. Also, Zerith isn't yet a creature of pure magic, still being bound by the sarcophagus.