Who is the absolute strongest champion? (Lore wise)

12345612 ... 48
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shlorshack

06-05-2012

The secret champion...i mean karma...is obviously the best. JK lol

In all seriousness though i think that its a toss up between
-Nocturne, inhabits your dreams if he dies, as said before,
-Fiddlesticks, kills summoners literally, or
-Cho'gath, gets bored eats the world, nbd guys, brb 100 stacks.

Rest of the people are powerful, but simply but these to me at least seem more than them, as the first two simply would do things irl and Cho'gath, well, everything would tickle him, slowly.

Diabolical Scone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Jax is canonically the most powerful champion in the League, I know he's not the most impressive person but it states in his lore that even with a brass lamppost he still wins every match he's put in. Or at leastit's implied.

Meztere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Keep the ideas coming! I have updated the OP

SentinelOfPain

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scisce View Post
Jax is canonically the most powerful champion in the League, I know he's not the most impressive person but it states in his lore that even with a brass lamppost he still wins every match he's put in. Or at leastit's implied.
Jax wins because the powers of other stronger champions are limited. For example, lets say Kayle who may or may not be weaker wasn't limited. She would simply fly outside of Jax's range and reign fire down upon him until sure enough, he was dead.

Don't put limits on Jax and all you have is a normal, common, everyday foot soldier. That's all you have. Period. There is speculation that he is a high summoner, but this is NOT confirmed, and even if it was even the strongest of summoners are scared of certain champions.

Now, let me quote Nasus's lore really quick:

Quote:
Unfortunately, there were others of his kind that believed they were more than protectors. They were under the egotistical delusion that they had ascended to become gods.
While not LITERALLY gods, they were SO POWERFUL that every single thing that wasn't them looked to them as if they were or could be if the corrupted won.

Quote:
At first angered that he had been taken just as he was about to cripple the enemies of his people, Nasus' advanced intellect won out when he heard the pleas of mercy from the summoners.
So hold up, summoners, arguably the most powerful magicians in all of Valoran, the same magicians who put an entire town into a time stasis, the same people when training blew up entire villages on accident (Lee Sin), the SAME PEOPLE that the mightiest city states fear individually, are PLEADING FOR MERCY. Think about that.

Everyone likes to blow a lot of champions abilities out of proportion. We haven't heart if Cho'Gath can have limitless stacks, which doesn't sound plausible but think, if he could he would be slain VERY quickly before he reached an unmanageable size, PLUS he's contained.

Fiddlesticks, while deadly, is only a problem that's unresolved because:

1.) He isn't a problem so long as you stay out of his room

and

2.) He serves a function while keeping himself in seclusion.

How powerful is he? He can probably slay about three summoners at once by himself, maybe more if he uses crowstorm. I highly doubt he could take Nasus or even Cho'Gath individually.

The reason I firmly believe Nasus to be this big of a threat is simple: Out of all the champs, he is one of two that technically has no limit in power, he is unquestionably powerful and the most mighty of magic users fear him, EVEN AS A COLLECTIVE. You ever hear a summoner complain about Cho'Gath? Maybe if he met Cho sure, but actually keeping him locked up, nope.

Nocturne is one of the only other champions that give summoners pause, but he is literally a slave. He can't escape his negation field unless someone manages to release him, which won't happen unless someone like Shaco (unreasonably insane) manages to do it. Brand is much in the same boat, which should tell you how powerful summoners are. They captured the elemental of fire. That's just insane.

Anivia lives forever, literally, but she doesn't seem that threatening compared to the other champions. She has experience but in terms of power? She's just a phoenix.

Fenix12345

06-06-2012

Jax's lamp-post nerf wasn't entirely a massive set back. I mean, sure it has no slicing power, but those things are made out of sturdy material, and it would probably have as much blunt force trauma as a two-handed mace. But he did have an unbeatable winning streak, and he's the only champion that the League has openly said was too powerful. Other nerfs where explained by "mysterious diseases and sabotage etc." but they came out and said up straight "if we let you go like this then there's no point to matches." Now think of it this way, why did they nerf Jax? Why not just let other champs use a bit more of their power to catch up to his level? (though I suppose that would leave certain champs to hide in a brush the entire match, never to come out again)

Killadillo

06-06-2012

It's either
Brand
Xerath
Karthus
Renekton
Nasus
or Cho'Goth

webbut

06-06-2012

Jax is proven to be the best champion in lore, at least on the fields of justice One of the few champions to get nerfed in the lore.

Nocturne isn't the most powerful champion because as it stands so far his dream eating powers only effect summoners in theory he could remove all the champions by killing those who summon them but most of them exist independently of being summoned.

Anyone who is of Alien origin and remains by choice is high up there. Anivia, Nasus, Cho, Fiddles, and Mao are all contenders because they were never contained or detained, they were asked politely to join.

I would say Cho has the strongest potential. We know that creatures from the Void f***ed up the world so badly that no one wants to talk about it and that he can't be summoned outside of the Fields. What we don't know is how the void creatures were defeated or even if at all. For all anyone knows the only thing that could be stopping the void creatures from destroying everything is a magical wall that people just forgot how to turn off. Which also could be the reason that Cho can only be summoned in the Fields.

EpicLotus

06-07-2012

Jax.

He was undeafeted so the league took real weapowns away from him...

Yes, Anivia, Nasus, Annie, all of them were defeated on a regular basis by Jax with a real weapown... The League had to ban their use just to make him more balanced and guess what? it didnīt matter, he still hold the record for "undefeated champion" even with a frincking lamp....

A champion so strong he didnīt even had a judgement, he entered instantly...

IMHO thereīs no possible way to discard him as the strongest champion on the league.

EDIT; And we know he is just as strong outside of the league.
In a JoJ the writers clearly stated.

Wukong tries everyday to best him in a fight (outside of the fields) but like everybody else, fails.
Lorewise Jax is still undefeated.

"The burly fighter responded by imposing his own special conditions; as a means of protest, he permitted himself to fight using only a brass lamppost. Neither the League's sanctions nor his own has affected his winning ways. The League has since rescinded its sanctions, but Jax has not; he fights and fights well with his trusty brass lamppost."

Wickian

06-07-2012

Ironically enough, Jax states that Evelynn is the ultimate predator.

Astraltar

06-07-2012

LISTEN UP!

This is why Jax is not the strongest champion in the League by any means.

Jax has no magical abilities. That disqualifies him right there. Land a Dark Binding or whatever and he is utterly helpless, because he has nothing but a lamppost - or even an axe; he would still be as useless.

"But he won EVERY SINGLE MATCH!" Because his opponents either had no magical power (melee) or had constraints. His in-lore nerfs were unusual because normally melee fighters have to be buffed, not nerfed, to be balanced in the lore. Sure, he might be the best melee fighter in the League, but certainly not the most powerful champion.

"He might be a summoner!" Sorry, he's still not the most powerful. Even if he was, as SentinelOfPain put it, the summoners pleaded for mercy from Nasus. If he was a summoner, it follows that he is weaker than Nasus and therefore is not the most powerful champion.

"He didn't even have a judgment!" And? It makes him mysterious, but not the best fighter.

12345612 ... 48