I'm loosing Sleep Over It!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clayton Tallman

10-02-2014

Having learned this morning that the LEAGUE in League of Legends no longer exists, naturally like many players, I was royally pissed. At first I thought I would get over it, cause hey, they're free to introduce new and interesting new stories. But then I went to bed... the moment where I have difficulty doing nothing else but thinking. Why does Mario run through monster infested desserts towards a castle? To save princess Peach from the Koopas. What is Master Chief on another planet with laser guns being fired by and at him? he's fighting a war with a hostile alien race. Why do five of the land of Voloran's mightiest warriors team up to destroy a glowing rock belonging to a team of five other famous heroes who want to do the same thing? It used to be because you, the summoner, called him or her there to settle some sort of conflict, entertain the masses, or both. When you played a game of League before, it created the illusion that you were doing something that actually mattered. Without the league or the institute, I'm just a guy telling an elf in a witch hat to go kill a robot then try to smash a glowing rock before he comes back to life.

My goal has no purpose; I have no purpose, I'm not a summoner; I'm just a damn player. There's lots of cool ass **** going on in Voloran, but I don't get to be part of it. Nothing I'm doing has anything to do with that. I can't really say I'm being Veigar or Nunu, because under normal circumstances, they wouldn't be wasting their time in this god damned forest; working together to kill that ****ing Baron Nashor and to fight little cloaked gnomes. You say that we matter Riot... but your lore team doesn't seem to think so... not at all.

I laid there for an hour crying my eyes out... it seems childish and unreasonable in hindsight, but I was ****ing hurt by this revelation. My real life is already pointless, don't make my fictional life pointless too.

Chromatic Eagle

10-03-2014

I think you should start playing RPGs, or maybe Dawngate. Maybe.

Clayton Tallman

10-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromatic Eagle View Post
I think you should start playing RPGs, or maybe Dawngate. Maybe.
Eh, not enough strategy for my taste. But yeah this isn't gonna make me stop playing the game, I just don't feel as invested anymore.

Celestial Arc

10-03-2014

lmao, though i do agree that without the league there no longer is a connection that we had before, but if it helps the lore team bring in more characters its all cool with me

LordHippoman

10-04-2014

I think if it's effecting you that much you should probably rethink some things.

That last line really suggests you need help. I'm not making fun of you, but when you say things like: "My real life is already pointless, don't make my fictional life pointless too.", you should call somebody.