AP Poppy or AD Poppy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vahneo

06-04-2012

Recently I've bought Poppy just for fun. I think she have no CC and not good, but I love the way she smash other people with her hammer, the way she rush in and kill mages. I usually build AP Poppy and go on well. But my friend say that AD Poppy shall do it better. I've tried but cannot go well. So:
1/ Can anyone tall me the AD/AP ratio on her skill? Do we have a website or something show that information?
2/ If you main/usually use Poppy, which one you prefer, AD or AP? And how you usually build her?

Thank you all for any comments!

Keroc

06-04-2012

Personally I like AD poppy because really, she can just utterly wreck teams late game but it takes awhile to get there.
1)As for the ratios on her abilities, she has absolutely no ratios for AD but she gets bonus AD from her W Paragon of Demacia. Even though she has no ad ratios I wouldn't count her off as AD because well, look at Tristana :P. For specifics she has a .6ap ratio for her Q, Big hammer smashy. And she has a .4 ap ratio for her Heroic Charge, and I just looked on mobafire for the simple ratio things like that.
2) I usually rush a triforce because she honestly does just benefit from everything on that item and the sheen proc goes amazing with her Devestating Blow(Q). Also the move speed she gets is really nice so she can stick and to add to that stickiness she has a slow from the phage part of triforce as well. Personally I get a phantom dancer right after triforce because I feel like she does enough damage and just needs to stick. I grab a Bloodthirster next for a big boost in damage and move to a Black Cleaver next for some arpen and more attack speed which is nice of course. Finally I would finish up with a Infinity Edge if i even get there. Clearly this is a really expensive build, but when you do get there you just blow things up.

One thing to watch out for though is a banshees veil, you might end up wasting your ult and leaving you extremely vulnerable when diving. That's like a Poppy bane in my opinion. That's just my two cents on her, and I haven't tried her AP because I just don't like feeling useless if my two hit combo doesn't kill someone right away.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

Depends. Do you want to ****ing murder that one cocky little **** whose been raping your team all day in the middle of his team while they spam worthless abilities at you, trying desperately to save him?

You want AP Poppy.

She is a tactical missile that locks on to a target and removes all traces of its existence in a fiery explosion.

You want staying power? Tackling the squishy carry, pounding their DPS into pudding, and then turning your hammer on the survivors, pushing out respectable damage?

AD Poppy's your girl.

A wrecking ball that smashes weak structures. And what it can't crumple in one, it swings around for another.

Both require heavy farm, but become very effective when equipped.

Of the two, AP Poppy is WAY more technical. You're proccing Lich Banes in between abilities to pour out ludicrous burst damage, and there's a flow you need to master even in hectic teamfights.

AD Poppy is signifincantly less complicated, but she can only really explode squishies. Her damage is far more reasonable overall, but she's still nearly unstoppable for a short while.

I play AD because I suck at item actives. Always forget my Gunblades and Deathfires and Ghostblades...

Best Zod NA

06-04-2012

AP Poppy is hilariously strong, especially in solo queue where you can literally one-shot their AD carry and they can't do anything about it.

Michael Kane

06-04-2012

AP Poppy= "That guy right there, that guy is dead " (2 seconds later) "An enemy has been slain"
AD Poppy= "That Team right there, that team is dead" ( 10 seconds later) PENTA kIILL

Vahneo

06-04-2012

So AP Poppy for one-shot and AD Poppy for long battle, right?

I usually built AP Poppy and rape the AD carry/Mage because they keep "farming" my teamate, I rush in while all of her/his teamate throw almost everything to me ). The phase "Shut down" courage me even after I fall (but my teamate still win the battle because almost everything has been used on me).

Regarding of equipment, I rush Trinity Force even I play as AP Poppy. Then other items that increase AP, maybe I will try some AD Poppy

CamaHa

06-04-2012

AP poppy can probably do most dmg in shortest amount of time (ult + DFG is by far most OP nuke), but INCREDIBLY hard to farm with.
AD poppy can dish out ok dmg (Q still scales of ur attack). but she's MUCH easier to farm with.

With AD poppy u'll farm better = get better items = hit harder. But with same amount of farm AP poppy should beat AD poppy without any doubt. In the end you will still be relying on your Q's to dish out damage and with AP poppy they simply hurt much more.

piepiepiepiepi47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Trinity force as AP poppy?
Trollin

Raidarc

06-30-2012

AP Poppy for Dominion.
AD Poppy for Summoners Rift.

AD burst isn't as high as AP but you still 2-3 shot their carries.

RivalBoo

06-30-2012

that's why i play teemo