What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,455 26.88%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,161 34.61%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 955 10.46%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,730 40.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9134. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agent6699

07-02-2012

Ooh all champs could go down in cost like 1350 is now 450 and 450 is now 0

Miojozord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

The free champions should have a total revamp, I remember my first buys, I tested about 15~20 in the period of a month or more, and the tops in my to-buy list never went free, the result, after about 4 months (back then I was a slow player :P) I had about 18k IP but not a single oportunity to test the champions I wanted to buy. So I buyed w/o testing at all, sucked with 2 of then and basically for a new player, was 16k ip down the drain, and a big, big feeling of disappointment.

The number of champs free is fine, but should have a system where after x anything (time, games, whatever) you could test y champ for z time, or even a rent-a-champion mode, when after some weeks of the release you could rent for a period of time or games by a reduced price.

Swarlito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorryza View Post
@Swarlito: I don't understand the refunds thing- it's still free, just for everyone. And you get the added bonus of ensuring that at least some of the champions that you own won't be on the free week rotation. I say, let GD flood, and let those idiots understand what it's like to get free stuff.

And with the second part, everyone will be crying "ZOMG RIOT SO GREEDY TROLLOLOLOL" so *shrugs* I don't think it'll work.
The people that have already bought the 450 champs would QQ that they deserve an ip refund because they spent their ip on them) I, personally, don't care but the community has quite a few entitled people in it.

As I said, I knew that the community at large would never go for it. Just putting it out there as my opinion lol

Dorryza

07-02-2012

@Agent: I'm mainly trying to change the free champ system, not reduce IP prices. I do believe IP prices are another important topic, but let's try to stay on topic here.

@Miojozord: yeah, this reminds me of one of my friends who I'd convinced to try out the game. He had no idea who to buy, and ended up quitting because he wasted money on people he couldn't play well.

@Swarlito: I agree with your opinion actually, I'm just pointing out why it's not feasible.

Thanks for the support everyone XD

-Dorryza

Dorryza

07-02-2012

bumpity

Dorryza

07-02-2012

bump

Maxihzb

07-02-2012

i think it's ok as it is now, they shouldn't change it

Diamondragan

07-02-2012

I think all 450s should be excluded from the free week rotation, since they are so incredibly cheap.

Fixes the issue of having them show up and ruin countless players' days in the free week rotation, and there's really no reason to ever wait to buy them if you are even possibly considering buying them.

BlueCrescent

07-02-2012

Free week champs are not allowed in ranked now. I see no reason not to increase the number of free week champs.

get dat birdman

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrescent View Post
Free week champs are not allowed in ranked now. I see no reason not to increase the number of free week champs.
It has nothing to do with ranked, please read the OP again (or for the first time if you just read the title and poll options).