What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,453 26.89%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,158 34.62%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 950 10.41%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,727 40.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9122. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

06-07-2012

c'mon people. Keep this bumped! We really need this to stay up near the top.

Roxxs

06-07-2012

Honestly I don't think this will break the meta if we go with a higher free champion rotation. One big reason is Ranked matches. I don't know about you but eventually I wanna be a high ranked player too . But you can't play free champ rotation chars in free unless you already own them.

20 champion count or the 450's for free would be a good compromise instead of keeping it at 10. Most weeks I feel like either the selection is bad simply because no synergy or to op.

Dorryza

06-07-2012

@Enfabled Mage: That's great to know how many champs you have? You either play a massive amount of games, or have spent a massive amount of money on Riot Points.
But you're missing the main point here. Most of us aren't rolling in IP or RP, and we have to spend the IP/RP we have wisely. The Free Champion Week, through letting us try people, will help us direct our money rather than just plugging in a random number generator and buying that way.

@Bantheboybands: I agree fully. Thanks for the support =D

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Might not necessarily be all the 450s, though a few would be okay.

Another option is to provide "rentals" of the so-called easy champions, so that they all are free for the first X days of playing time for new accounts. This is in addition to free week. That way, the goal of allowing new players access to easy-to-pick-up champions is met, and free week slots are freed up for more interesting champions. (Yeah, that was intended.)

Close Game Life

06-07-2012

Make the 450's free. 450IP is a small amount once you get into the game, and 260RP is ridiculously overpriced by comparison to IP prices.

Addition - Don't make them all available at start, Give them as bonuses unlocked at level ups. There's 9 of them - Play tut, get to lv 2 and unlock Ashe, Yi at 3, so on.. till lv 10. New players get 400 RP at level 3 kinda for this purpose but who wants to spend 260RP on champs that cost 450IP..

Dorryza

06-07-2012

@Kirielis- that's actually a great idea- say have all the 450s free until.... level 15. That would give the new players more than enough time to learn how to play adequately. And then, after that, they'd still have to buy those champs, so Riot still ends up with their Moolah.

@Close Game Life: Also a good idea. But what about level one? Will they be permanently free? Also, at the very early levels, Riot wants people to still be able to build a stable team. Will those people just be thrown under the bus because there isn't a tank free until level 6? This is a great idea- it just needs a bit of refinement.
But this will definately help Riot too. Making people feel like they're unlocking people and doing something useful will be great as a tool for getting new players- something any game company always wants.
Also, the 450IP to 260RP thing will not really carry much weight. I mean, if people are still buying 450 champs with RP, Riot's still making their money. Riot wants their money, so we have to think of a different way of presenting it to them.

I really like both your ideas. Would you guys mind if I incorporated parts of them into the original post?

-We need more people like those two! Ideas people, ideas! This won't work with me just talking at you, I need you to talk back at me for this to be effective. So, let me know what you think is good, and what you think can be improved!

-Dorryza

alsowikk

06-07-2012

This is just a bump since Dorryza is saying pretty much everything I mean to say >.<

Plaugus

06-07-2012

@Also: I'm flattered =)

alsowikk

06-07-2012

@Plagus...Look at your champion selection, now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if riot gave us 15 free champions instead of ten yours would be closer to mine. Where are we? We're in top lane farming, and your winning because your opponent can't play Darius. Look at your inventory, now back to me. It's a blood thirster fifteen minutes in. Look again, it is now fully farmed!

Anything is possible when riot gives you more free champions.

Dorryza

06-07-2012

Riot, if you don't give players more free champions, people won't know who they want to play.
If people don't know who they want to play, then they won't buy champions.
If people don't buy champions, Riot doesn't have any more RP sales
If Riot doesn't have any more RP sales, Riot doesn't make any money.
If Riot doesn't make any money, then Riot will go out of business.
Don't go out of business, Riot. Allow more Free Champions per week.