What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,453 26.89%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,158 34.62%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 950 10.41%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,727 40.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9122. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prophecy8

06-05-2012

DIS CANT DIE mang

alsowikk

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorryza View Post
you forgot the minions
He pulled the moon into sumonner's rift?

But on a more serious note, we really need more opinions on the actual thread topic and not on the ability for Darius to commit omnicide.

mi ramfan

06-05-2012

Actually, I would suggest changing the free week system to something like this:

5 champions free to all players.

5 different champions (easier ones, obviously) free for non-level 30s.

5 different champions available (more difficult/interesting/niche champions) for level 30s.

This will allow level 30s to try out more interesting champions instead of having their free week slots wasted on Cho'Gath and Yi, while the lower level players can play champions that are more suited to their skill level. Additionally, this will allow champions like Trundle, Anivia, and Rumble to show up more in high level free weeks, exposing their unique playstyles to more players.

Dorryza

06-05-2012

@mi ramfan

But we'll end up running into the same equality problem. pre-30s will end up q.qing about getting sh*tty champs, or 30s will end up q.qing about sh*tty champs. People will then go and blame riot for making bad choices, or start flaming the other side. It will literally turn into a massive sh*tstorm

But it was a good idea. It just needs a bit of refining methinks.

Kudos for trying

-Dorryza

alsowikk

06-05-2012

@mi ramfan(Stealing a page from our glorious TC here)
The issue I have with the proposed solution is three fold. One, it doesn't do anything to ensure the champion will show up with increased frequency(not lowering the pool or adding more champions to the free list). but it is also unnecessarily complicated and rlies upon random factors.

This is really just an odd system. what happens if I ding thirty halfway through a free week? do I lose my champions from being level 29? do I get the level thirty champions as well? Is riot just going to phase out the high/low skill champion from standard rotation? Where do we put Janna for instance? Low cost high skill cap champions like her? Or high cost low skill champions like wu kong?

Lastly,we can't gurantee riot will want to do anything to change their patterns to heavily That's why I'm with the 450 solution or the 15/20 champion pool. Because if riot has more slots to wok with then they can more easily rotate in champions. For your idea it will still take 10 weeks to get all of our current champions out there before repeats are factored in and because of the segregation by level it only will be harder to expose each and every champion(less slots to achieve the stated goals of giving champions who can fill in slots+generally deriding champion variety in the free weeks)

Dorryza

06-05-2012

And also what Alsowikk said- it might help a bit, but it would still take way too long to be able to try out every new champion.

Also, general logistics are a bit of a hassle.

Again though, nice idea. It might be possible to implement specific parts of it into what Riot decides what the change will be.

-Dorryza

Garratus

06-05-2012

this deserves a bump

ROOTderp

06-05-2012

bamped for good OP post, also the idea is pretty good

i think that OP should add an option for 12-13 champs because going from 10 to 15 seems like it could be seen as a big jump to some people

Dorryza

06-06-2012

@Rootderp: I would-
if there was an option to change my poll >_<

Also, however, it would imbalance the poll- what if people wanted to vote for 12/13, but instead voted for 10 or 15? it would make that option seem like it has almost no support, when in truth, it might have the most. If that were to happen, I'd need to make a brand new post. But with all the progress we've made so far here....

Good idea though. I didn't think of that at the time of writing.

-Dorryza

alsowikk

06-06-2012

Bumping so eventually a red will respond, riot really needs to see this!