What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,457 26.89%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,161 34.60%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 955 10.45%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,731 40.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9137. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

06-21-2012

Shame also, Redwall was good.

Extreme shame on you.

Keytar Friend

06-21-2012

What about a rolling list? So maybe there's 12 free champions at a time, but they cycle 6 at a time.

It would work like:
Week N: 6 from week N-1, 6 from week N
Week N+1: 6 from week N, 6 from week N+1
Week N+2: 6 from week N+1, 6 from week N+2

This would help new players have a little longer to work with champions as they start out.

Giving 450s for free seems a bit pointless. New players can just buy them for super cheap, after all.

alsowikk

06-21-2012

Just want to point it out Dorryza, read a few of them. They were solid but I can't help but feel like the implications in the book were a bit disturbing(It freaks me out whenever they set up a situation where they put up

@Keytarband Just saying it would lead to 8 less champions every two weeks if I understood correctly(only 6 rotating every week). Oh and the 450's are worth 6300 ip overall but they are over represented within the free rotations(how many times has ashe shown up?). that's alot of slots that we can free up. That and they cover all the bases so riot can be a bit more open with who they put in the rotations.

Platypalex

06-21-2012

What about having 5 champions available for one week and another 5 for another week but the weeks overlap so for instance rotation 1 will start on sunday and rotation 2 will start on wednesday. Rotation 3, which will replace rotation 1 will start on sunday whereas rotation two still remains until the next wednesday? I'm not quite sure if this would be too much of a hassel and I don't know if anyone else would like this but this would be my solution.

Dorryza

06-21-2012

Keytar: Well this would actually lead to less champions. Basically, you'd get 6 new champions per week- what I'm asking for is more like 15 new champions per week.

However, with a bit of tweaking, this might actually work. Maybe more like a change of 12 at a time?

It'd need a lot of work though. And it's more susceptable to the "too many champions! no one would buy anyone!" argument.

TehMightyMidget

06-21-2012

Good idea, but they better give refunds of IP for anyone who purchased 450 champions (I have most of them)

Orconem

06-21-2012

Make all the 450 heroes free, they're practically free anyway

flashspyro3

06-21-2012

20+? lol

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

06-21-2012

I'm of the mind that two things should happen:

1) Free Champion rotation should be increased to 15.

2) The three basic "starter" Champions of Garen, Ashe, and Ryze should be made permanently free, as they are in some Asian versions of the game.

That would increase the pool of free Champions to 15 on rotation and three permanently free Champions - and one for each lane. Only support and jungle wouldn't have a perma-free option, but those roles are less important for new players anyways.

flashspyro3

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Good idea, but they better give refunds of IP for anyone who purchased 450 champions (I have most of them)
I have all of them