What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,448 26.88%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,154 34.63%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 948 10.41%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 396 4.35%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,723 40.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9107. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

06-05-2012

Hmm... if we have more slots though, wouldn't it just mean that there would be a greater chance of those rare champions showing up?

-Dorryza

Crownface

06-05-2012

No, then you'll just see more of the same champions showing up each week.

I'd much rather have ensured variety and a smaller selection rather than filling up those extra slots with the same champs over and over.

Dorryza

06-05-2012

So then, how might your system work? I'm not closed to new ideas.

-Dorryza

Duderman3210

06-05-2012

bump, because this thread deserves to be seen

Crownface

06-05-2012

The system I want is the system that Riot already has, except stop putting Alistar and Tristana in the rotation (or at least make them less frequent) and keep it varied; no more Caitlyn, Ashe, and Graves every other week.

That's all it needs. It's even fine as it is, since new players get a chance to play as those champions more often, and they can feel comfortable and get used to the game with them.

There's a lot Riot needs to fix, this is the absolute last thing that should be looked at.

Dorryza

06-05-2012

But the new players need those easy champions that everyone's complaining about. It helps make this game have a lower learning curve, and it is one of the expressly stated goals of the Free Champion Week.

If you get rid of those champions, the new players will have a much harder time playing the game. I mean, would you have stayed with this game if the first champion you were forced to main was Anivia, then the second was Twisted Fate? I sure wouldn't- I started with Tristana and Ashe, and I stayed- and there's a reason for that. It's because I started off easy with them, then I moved on to bird once I got the basic principles of the game down.

Maybe there's something I'm missing here, but I don't see how this issue can be resolved, especially considering the points in the first post. Would you please care to elaborate?

-Dorryza

-EDIT- why the downvote? can you at least... explain why you downvoted me?

Draconic74

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigslord View Post
not more then 10
freeweeks are metn to try chaps, not to play i the metagame
You like to "try" Yi and Ashe every week? Sounds like fun to me, especially considering how they cost almost nothing in the store.

-------------------------------- ANYWAYS----
I don't really spend money on League, instead I just sit on my IP until I pass about 10k and then buy a champ and maybe some runes. But I have not been able to do that lately, as I have no idea what champion to buy.

Now, if I had been using RP, the situation would not have changed. I would just be sitting on the RP instead, wondering what to buy. The free weeks are filled with common champions that everyone at lvl 30 has, and only a few of the more obscure ones filter through. When one of them finally comes into the rotation, I try them out. If they are fun to play, and I am actually decent with them, I will buy them.

But when it takes forever to get any of these into the rotation, it takes ages to test any of them out. And I am not going to buy a champion that I don't know about unless they are extremely appealing and fit my playstyle (Nautilus, for example).
----

TL;DR and conclusion: It takes too long for champions that people don't own to get into the free rotation. People who don't just burn RP/IP will wait until they get to test the champion before buying it. We are also tired of getting the same few champions over and over and over.

----
Extra Notes: If free weeks have 10 of the 100 champions, it takes a minimum of 10 weeks to rotate ALL the champions. In that time, 5 new champions will have been released. And to rotate those in would require another week. However, due to Riot's requirements for champion rotations, it would probably take twice as long to actually rotate every champion. Which of course throws 10 new champions into the mix. Personally, I just want the free week to include made 15% of the champions at all times. Out of the old 40, 10 was 25%. Out of the current 100, it is 10%. 15% seems like a decent compromise.

This would mean 15 champs now, and another added approximately every 7 champions. At the current rate that is about 14 weeks between each addition, or 3.5 months. I suggest stopping at 20 per week. That would happen in about 1 year 4 months. No idea what Riot's plans are like for that length of time.

Dorryza

06-05-2012

@Draconic- I agree fully. However, I think you TL;DR may need a TL;DR lol.

-EDIT- ^-ignore that-^

alsowikk

06-05-2012

On a side note I also agree...I'm *really* original

alsowikk

06-05-2012

bump for great justice!...and DEMACIAAAAAAAA(in the new and expanded free week)