What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,455 26.90%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,159 34.61%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 951 10.42%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,728 40.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9127. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

06-18-2012

Keeping it up there(I've ran out of things to say at this point!)

Dorryza

06-18-2012

and bumping it

MooSpy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

In my opinion, Have more free champs seem a bit too much, maybe 12. But most of all, I really don't want to see Katarina, Rammus, Caitlyn almost every week. Now not AS much, but at some point i pretty much saw Katarina and Rammus free every week.

So in my opinion, I'd vote for 12 champs, mostly for more variety in champions, or they could make a poll once in awhile and the champs with the highest votes can be free. Or something similar.

And Half the time, I end up buying the champ and it's free the week after, which really pisses me off. Same for Skins =/

zzCitizen

06-18-2012

How about give summoners "tokens" that they can spend to unlock any champion for a week. One token per "free champion week".

supernewton

06-18-2012

I think new players should at least get Ashe, Garen and Ryze for free since those are the three they use in the tutorial.

Dorryza

06-18-2012

@Moo: the more champions, the more chance for Variety right? That's what I was aiming for.

The issue with the polls is that people will always end up voting for mostly the same thing. Plus, the champ that comes out will always be free, cutting a bit into Riot's income (the novelty of a new champ is half of what makes people buy it really).

@Citizen: a decent idea, but people could just make smurfs to get infinate champions. I'd suggest maybe a token every 10-20 games? maybe? Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

@Super: Well Ashe and Ryze are both 450s (shoot me if I'm wrong), so you can vote for that. Also, it would be relatively easy to replace garen with someone else, because honestly, Garen is feeling kind of Generic by now.

Keep the discussion going people! And find some reds somewhere!

-Dorryza

Hunter Ing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

i like this thread a lot

get dat birdman

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorryza View Post
@Super: Well Ashe and Ryze are both 450s (shoot me if I'm wrong), so you can vote for that. Also, it would be relatively easy to replace garen with someone else, because honestly, Garen is feeling kind of Generic by now.
To be fair, Ashe is actually more generic feeling than Garen is, insofar as AD carries go (short of ultimate). But this may just be a matter of opinion.

aSc Volumes

06-18-2012

This thread is truth.

TripleHit

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzCitizen View Post
How about give summoners "tokens" that they can spend to unlock any champion for a week. One token per "free champion week".
good idea but you need a way to get the tokens maybe if they will remove the 450 IP champs from the store and will give them for free they can give tokens to the people that already bought it and sell the tokens for 450 IP maybe 3 tokens for this price