What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,455 26.90%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,159 34.61%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 951 10.42%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,728 40.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9127. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

06-08-2012

@Also, by that logic we should have 25 champs free every week. I don't think that'll get very much support (Just take a look at the poll).

Again, control before getting greedy here folks.

Garratus

06-08-2012

need some more bumps here guys!

alsowikk

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorryza View Post
@Also, by that logic we should have 25 champs free every week. I don't think that'll get very much support (Just take a look at the poll).

Again, control before getting greedy here folks.
Well that's why I wanted to talk about it . We obviously can't keep the old percentage, but the current number seems to be held as to few for the current pool. So now we have to figure out how to make it so we can still get to play all champions with some amount of expediency without making the champion group to large in and of itself.

At this point I'm wondering if we need something to supplement the free week system in and of itself(or just go with 15 champions+removing the 450's from the pool by making them free)

Dorryza

06-08-2012

Thus lies the challenege- This is where the Community has to come in. What is the acceptable compromise?

Cmon, you guys need to tell us here.

Pelle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

I'd say like 15 champs f2p
keep all 450 on the rotation regardless
and "NEVER" put alistar or tristana on freeweek

Zenode

06-08-2012

Anymore than 10 would be stupid.

Think about it this way, there are 99 champs at the moment. so Feasibly in 10 weeks you could play every champ.

Now accounting for champs that are rarely in the rotation. (Shaco, Twitch, Akali etc) and ones that are in there a lot (Katarina, Caitlyn etc) then you could probably play roughly 80-90% of champs in the game within 15 weeks.

Godlike Nidalee

06-08-2012

Facts are facts. The game would shut down if Riot made every champion free. See Riot makes money cause If someone tries out lets just say Vladimir and they like him they want him so bad but earning 6300 IP is so painful. So what do they do? They take 10 bucks out of there pocket or euros or whatever money they have and buy a RP card or use credit cards to pay online. Thats how Riot makes most of its money + they get money for all that other stuff but that is there main money maker. If Riot made every champ free the game would shut down. So if you want all the champs free think twice because you might just be shutting down the game.

BTW by making all champs free I mean putting like 25+ free and all 450s for free. because there is only 99 champs and I think it would be pointless.

alsowikk

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenode View Post
Anymore than 10 would be stupid.

Think about it this way, there are 99 champs at the moment. so Feasibly in 10 weeks you could play every champ.

Now accounting for champs that are rarely in the rotation. (Shaco, Twitch, Akali etc) and ones that are in there a lot (Katarina, Caitlyn etc) then you could probably play roughly 80-90% of champs in the game within 15 weeks.
More like about 70 weeks...twitch was free when? Anyways fifteen weeks isn't measly when riot repeats most of the slots every two to three weeks(ashe, cait, graves, alistar, tristana, yi, cho'gath, zilean). Fifteen weeks is almost four months anyways.

Not very expedient and that's a very big if on how many champions are repeated+champions being added to the roster

Dorryza

06-09-2012

@Provocrative: But what about those people who don't want to like League on FB (Maybe don't want to reveal that they want to play it), but still want to try Tristana.
I'd say put them on very rarely, but still on sometimes.

@Zenode: The Free Champions week started out 10 champions with a 40 champ rotation. Feasibly back then, you could play every champion every 4 weeks.

And the fact of the matter is, the rare champions are not being put out enough. I mean, look at someone like Cassiopeia. She's almost never free. Same with TF.

And because of all the space needed in the rotation for the easy champions, there simply is a problem. There is not enough space left to try people. And 15 months is still way too long to wait for a maybe chance at simply trying someone else.

@Ryguz: -NOTE- I actually agree with you, that 25 is a bit too much, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

Think percentages here. The Free Champion week began when there were only 40 champions. 10 champs per week divided by 40 champs mean that you have 25% of the champions per week. Riot didn't go bankrupt then, did they? People still bought champions and stuff, and Riot just kept chugging along.

Now look at what we have now. 99 champions- almost 100- and what's 25% of that? 25 champs per week. According to historical precedent, Riot won't run out of money, because that's the percentage of free champs to total champs in the very beginning. This is also not including the new Champs Riot is bound to release.

And with the 450s free, they're 450s. No one's really going to buy them with RP, will they? Riot really doesn't stand to lose that much money from that, and I'm sure that they'll make a hell of a lot of newer gamers happy (and then more liable to buy RP for other things).

Alright, that took a bit too long. But keep the discussion going!

-Dorryza

Dorryza

06-09-2012

bump for more people