What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,453 26.89%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,158 34.62%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 950 10.42%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 397 4.35%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,727 40.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9121. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

07-10-2012

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand a bump

alsowikk

07-10-2012

'nother bump

Dorryza

07-10-2012

and a bump

Dorryza

07-10-2012

ello'? bump

Dorryza

07-10-2012

bumpity

Dorryza

07-10-2012

bump

alsowikk

07-10-2012

buuuuuuuump

Manaravak

07-10-2012

Well looking at this from the statistics you have gathered I have a pretty fair opinion on this. This is also coming from a "making the players happy" view point rather than "Riot need to make money", however, I do not believe my opinion would affect sales drastically in anyway.

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 28.66%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 34.82%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 9.37%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 4.00%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 39.90%

As we can see 71% of the LoL population does want a change. To keep both parties happy (Those who want a change from those who don't) I feel that the most popular option would be the best. Why? Well because it is not only the most popular but it is also a hybrid of the second and third most popular ideas. By making all 450IP champions free the need to put them in the rotation is eliminated. By doing this you can keep ten champions in rotation and essentially have the equivalent of fifteen since those 450IP champions that most people have or don't want are now out of the equation. To put it simply, By choosing the most popular choice you involuntarily pick both option one and two.

I personally would like to see 450IP champs become free BUT I'm not using this argument as a biased opinion. I simply believe this is in Riot's best interest so they may keep their players happy by making the game more friendly to new players, appealing to players looking for champions to buy, and appealing to the players who just want better/less seen champions in the rotation.

EDIT: Also, I would like to add another interesting idea. Why not set a day where all the players could log onto the website and participate in a poll for which champions they would like to see in the next rotation. riot could do this every week or every month. If they were to do it every week they could possibly take two of the most popular and one of the least popular and add those to the selection with champions that Riot wants to put in the rotation. This way Players could potentially get the more popular champions when they want. The only problem of doing this is that the really popular champions could appear many times in a row. To get rid of this problem, simply choose the next most popular and the next least popular champion if the most popular or least popular champions have been picked the week or even two weeks before the current week.

TL;DR
Why are you on the forums if you don't want to read? >.>

Dorryza

07-10-2012

@Manaravak: Whoa massive wall of text.

All that aside, I really like the way you put the 450s free thing. I just might use it (quoted) in the OP.

The poll idea has been brought up a bit, but I personally am not convinced. It's too likely to have the same champs over and over again free. I don't like that, and I'm still not totally convinced by that solution. Maybe it'll grow on me in the future though.

Good post though. Very though provoking.

-Dorryza

PS your TL;DR made me laugh

chemiclord

07-10-2012

Or... they could just not make ANY champion free and make you buy each and every one.

Free champion weeks are a privilege, not a right.

Riot does not need to make ANY changes whatsoever. Now go cry some more.