What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,449 26.89%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,154 34.63%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 948 10.41%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 396 4.35%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,723 40.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9108. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

09-29-2012

more bumps from the department of redundancy department

iZallen

09-29-2012

Been here for a while, still not even looked at by Riot.

Vovix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Idea: Every week there would be a pool of 20 free champions. Roughly half of them would be the "newb champs", aka the champs that are free every week(Yi,Caitlyn,Garen,Ashe) and the other half would have the more complex champions for experienced players to try out. Each summoner can choose 10 of these 20 champions for the free week, and may not change it afterwards. That way, new players can try out simple champions and experienced players can try Orianna without waiting for a year. There would also be a "reccomended" option for people who don't know enough about the champions to choose who to try(or just people who don't want to choose).

alsowikk

09-29-2012

@Dorryza, You're a troper aren't you?! . Oh and sorry to be gone for so long, was battling my addiction to TV tropes(it ruins lives)

@ iZallen, I think we were looked at because I saw about two sentences saying riot looked into free week expansion about a month back(but it was crammed in a giant post that essentially amounted to..."Great ideas guys, but how about no?).

@Vovix, the issues I have here are 1. It will still take just as long to cycle everyone on one account(since you can only use 10 champions per free) and 2. The system encourages smurfing to get all 20 free.

However, having a set number of "easier" champions is a pretty good idea. Maybe the system could be something like 5 relatively easy champions, 5 moderately difficult champions, 3 pretty hard-hardest champions and 2 wildcards?

Just throwing it out there if we wanted a general guidline for a 15 week set up.

alsowikk

09-29-2012

Obligitory Bumps, ho!

alsowikk

09-29-2012

I'm on herc's back by the way.
-bumpsies.

Dorryza

09-29-2012

question- who decides who's hard or not.

EG sona=Oriana

Seems legit

alsowikk

09-29-2012

For anyone who doesn't know the anictdote. Sona was released with the highest difficulty rating possible. Riot changed it so as to ensure less loss of life due to "Ican'tstoplaughingsomebodypleasehelpme" syndrome in the playerbase.

alsowikk

09-29-2012

On a more somber note, we would ask for a moment of silence to commemorate those who did not live to see sona's difficulty rating drop due to "Ican'tstoplaughingsomebodypleasehelpme" syndrome.

Dorryza

09-29-2012

and some more bumps