Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BaBeeQ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
How do I riven =(
Ill teach you

VilheimOfTorm

06-09-2012

Hey there E1C, me and 2 of my friends have been playing TT since late last season and I must say, it is by far our favorite map to play.

Personally i love the fact that if a lane needs help you can help them. None of that running across the map, missing CS just to find out that bot backed and as a jungler you passed some buffs.

We each have 3-5 champs that we play well, and generally our "meta" is AD bruiser (wukong, nocturn, riven, volibear) AP carry (ryze, annie, cass) and me as tanky / support (galio, amumu, rene).

We generally do very well, but we always have 1 issue. Junglers.

If we jungle the other team does not and pushes bottom really hard then roams top. If we do not jungle then the enemy team jungles and we get beaten by their jungler. Sadly not once have we jungled at the same time as the other team, and we got as far as 1 win away from gold rating.

Basically would it be good to put jungler in lane (after getting bottom camp for xp buff) for a few levels to stop low level 2v1 if they dont jungle like we thought they would?

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilheimOfTorm View Post
Hey there E1C, me and 2 of my friends have been playing TT since late last season and I must say, it is by far our favorite map to play.

Personally i love the fact that if a lane needs help you can help them. None of that running across the map, missing CS just to find out that bot backed and as a jungler you passed some buffs.

We each have 3-5 champs that we play well, and generally our "meta" is AD bruiser (wukong, nocturn, riven, volibear) AP carry (ryze, annie, cass) and me as tanky / support (galio, amumu, rene).

We generally do very well, but we always have 1 issue. Junglers.

If we jungle the other team does not and pushes bottom really hard then roams top. If we do not jungle then the enemy team jungles and we get beaten by their jungler. Sadly not once have we jungled at the same time as the other team, and we got as far as 1 win away from gold rating.

Basically would it be good to put jungler in lane (after getting bottom camp for xp buff) for a few levels to stop low level 2v1 if they dont jungle like we thought they would?
I always strongly suggest jungling. You should have Wukong ect top, Ryze ect bot, and a good jungler.

If you jungle and the other team does not jungle and pushes bot hard, then you should gank bot lane. Both the jungler and your AP Carry will out level them, and if they push it will be easy to accomplish a single or double kill gank.

If you fail at ganking them and they continuously go top lane, keep red warded. You should have red buff warded regardless, but it will save your top lane over and over. On top of that, if they continuously go to top lane, have your AP Carry push bot lane exceptionally hard with your jungle and they will be forced back into lane.

If they don't jungle like you thought they would, then you should clear your side's middle camp, their side's middle camp, and then run down through red buff and gank bottom lane. Your jungler will have free reign of the enemy jungle as well as your own. This should give you a HUGE level and CS advantage. On top of the fact that you will have constant ganks if playing right.

TL;DR
Use a jungle.
If they don't use a jungle it's their loss as you will be up xp, cs, and have way more map control.
Keep red warded.

IGotCareless

06-11-2012

My friends and I frequently do 3 v 3s on TT for fun. I'm fairly new, as is one of my friends (he plays a lot of PvP though) and we are going to be on the same team and both of my friends who are level 30 will be on the other.
If I can expect the other team to look something like-
AD carry, bruiser, and an AP carry (something fragile like Veigar, not Mordekaiser)
What would you recommend my team consist of?
I can play Soraka, Leona, Yorick, Ashe, and Koggy. (I also own Darius and have played him a bit, but I don't like the constant rage I usually get, so I try to avoid him.)
One friend can play Shen, Ahri, Karthus, and is learning Lee Sin (He'll either have him down in time, or almost done)
And my other friend can Alistar, Teemo, Brand and... I think that's it.
I'd assume something like Yorick bot and Shen top, and the third player doing something?

(No one on my team will have runes. I'd be willing to buy them if they gave me a tiny buff that made it possible to jungle, but I doubt I'll even be level 20 by the time the game comes, so I doubt they'd do much.)

Eryn

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotCareless View Post
My friends and I frequently do 3 v 3s on TT for fun. I'm fairly new, as is one of my friends (he plays a lot of PvP though) and we are going to be on the same team and both of my friends who are level 30 will be on the other.
If I can expect the other team to look something like-
AD carry, bruiser, and an AP carry (something fragile like Veigar, not Mordekaiser)
What would you recommend my team consist of?
I can play Soraka, Leona, Yorick, Ashe, and Koggy. (I also own Darius and have played him a bit, but I don't like the constant rage I usually get, so I try to avoid him.)
One friend can play Shen, Ahri, Karthus, and is learning Lee Sin (He'll either have him down in time, or almost done)
And my other friend can Alistar, Teemo, Brand and... I think that's it.
I'd assume something like Yorick bot and Shen top, and the third player doing something?

(No one on my team will have runes. I'd be willing to buy them if they gave me a tiny buff that made it possible to jungle, but I doubt I'll even be level 20 by the time the game comes, so I doubt they'd do much.)
I don't know where to begin with this one.

I do not mean to be rude, honestly, but this thread is more geared towards level 30 players, as Twisted Treeline is a different ballgame in lower levels.

When you can't afford runes and you don't even have full masteries, jungling isn't an option. If jungling isn't an option, then you aren't really playing the Twisted Treeline meta.

Before level 30, and even for a while after you've hit 30, all that really matters is your playing skill. So I honestly don't think you should be worrying about how to counter your enemies team composition when it will most likely be extremely sporadic.

If the other team has both a squishy mage, *and* an AD carry, I'd suggest using Yorick, Shen, Alistar. They will drop before they can do anything to you.

That's all I can really tell you, as before level 30 every game I played was face rolling as pre-nerf AP Shaco.

IGotCareless

06-11-2012

Yah, I knew most things wouldn't apply, and I'm fine with that. Thanks for the help.

Eryn

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotCareless View Post
Yah, I knew most things wouldn't apply, and I'm fine with that. Thanks for the help.
Alright, hope what tips I could give you do help!

37 of 37 questions answered.

Let's see if we can't get to 50?

FireJustice

06-12-2012

So, what you buy at singed? Boots, Rod of Ages and what?
only situational items?

Singed is god tier and all, but in long games (when the other team turtle) i feel he falls eventualy.
maybe i'm building him wrong.

1 800 Mad Feed

06-12-2012

Me and 2 of my friends recently started a twisted treeline team. So far we've played 9 games, we won 8 and lost 1. I have a question for you if you don't mind.
QUESTION------How exactly does jungling work on this map? We've played vs a who teams who had junglers and it seems like they were very far behind. Then we decided to try jungling and it didn't turn out to great, we were really low, behind in levels and cs. What we usually do is push lane, go jungle, and then return. I just wanted to know if you do jungle on here and if so, how do you do it, like where do you start, and what champs are good for it stuff like that.

Eryn

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireJustice View Post
So, what you buy at singed? Boots, Rod of Ages and what?
only situational items?

Singed is god tier and all, but in long games (when the other team turtle) i feel he falls eventualy.
maybe i'm building him wrong.
I'd suggest something along the lines of:

Mercury Treads / Boots of Swiftness
Rod of Ages
Rabadon's Death Cap
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Force of Nature / Guardian Angel
Thornmail

It's pretty easy to do well with this build regardless of the enemy team comp. Of course if they have no AD, don't build thornmail. If they have no AP, don't build FoN.