Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkhon

10-16-2012

My team has recently been debating whether or not jungling is worth it... We see a ton of 2v1 bot when we jungle, and our bot lane generally gets bullied pretty hard. What do you recommend when it's a 2v1 bot lane? Is there a champion you suggest running bot lane if you are expecting the 2v1 that would be perfectly fine in a 1v1 scenario?

Essentially, I want to jungle for my team, but they don't think it gives enough of an advantage to make up for our bot lane having to play hyper passive and not get any farm. What can we do to take advantage of the jungle and not fall behind in bot lane?

J B JACKLE

10-16-2012

hey e1c, I'm learning jungle on 3v3, and having mained jungle on SR it didn't take to much to get used to. i guess my real question is, if i play strong champions i like, like nunu and lee, who would you suggest to go with those? as I'm not completely sure who my teammates should be playing to compliment this or for me to compliment them.

also, what kind of build would you suggest past the 2 gp/5 you suggested earlier on nunu?

and my last question would be, could you give me an overview on how you go about champion selection/banning? I'm just curious because i'm never completely sure how to go about it and you seemed like you enjoyed it a lot, what with calling it almost another game (if i recall correctly).

thanks in advance

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh424m View Post
Alright quick question. What do you have to say about Zyra bot, Cho gath top, and Lee jungle. I know I now have an ap top but I usually build Wit's end -> Glacial Shroud -> Phage -> Abyssal -> Damage/Defense depending on situation.

I found that build from a SR guide but it's worked fairly well for me on TT. What are your opinions?
Sounds good to me .

Although I think you need boots.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffl3x View Post
how do you beat a jayce?
Right now? Pick or ban him :/

You can also camp him very hard in hopes of keeping him behind.

Luckily he is being nerfed.

Takhuan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
How do I riven =(
Get a Pillager and a Lantern and see how it goes.

Brickhouse86

10-19-2012

Hey E1C question about team comp. I play voli and play games with my nephew and sometimes his friend. What would be some good team comps to go with voli? Between my nephew and his friend they have almost every character unlocked. As a team we don't really have a jungler, I know it's important but for whatever reason we just prefer to do 1top and 2bot. A team comp I was thinking about was voli/morg on bot, with maybe a lee sin solo top. Thoughts about any number of team comps would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

A shadowy figure

10-19-2012

Got stomped real hard by you today
GG

Eryn

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhon View Post
My team has recently been debating whether or not jungling is worth it... We see a ton of 2v1 bot when we jungle, and our bot lane generally gets bullied pretty hard. What do you recommend when it's a 2v1 bot lane? Is there a champion you suggest running bot lane if you are expecting the 2v1 that would be perfectly fine in a 1v1 scenario?

Essentially, I want to jungle for my team, but they don't think it gives enough of an advantage to make up for our bot lane having to play hyper passive and not get any farm. What can we do to take advantage of the jungle and not fall behind in bot lane?
Gragas, Cho'Gath, and Jayce all perform very well in 1v2 situations as they are able to farm from afar, and escape very easily.

Eryn

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by J B JACKLE View Post
hey e1c, I'm learning jungle on 3v3, and having mained jungle on SR it didn't take to much to get used to. i guess my real question is, if i play strong champions i like, like nunu and lee, who would you suggest to go with those? as I'm not completely sure who my teammates should be playing to compliment this or for me to compliment them.

also, what kind of build would you suggest past the 2 gp/5 you suggested earlier on nunu?

and my last question would be, could you give me an overview on how you go about champion selection/banning? I'm just curious because i'm never completely sure how to go about it and you seemed like you enjoyed it a lot, what with calling it almost another game (if i recall correctly).

thanks in advance
Nunu goes extremely well if one of your teammates is a heavy auto attacker. The synergy between Nunu's blood-boil and someone like Jax is incredible. Nunu is also a great pick if the enemy team is heavy on auto attacking, as both his snowball and his ultimate reduce attack speed.

Lee Sin is great when you need that super mobility and a little more damage than Nunu provides. He grants life-steal and armor to teammate's, his kick packs a huge punch, he's more mobile than Nunu (in certain situations), and he also can grant an attack speed slow (although not as powerful as Nunu's in the long run).

Both of those champions go well with most any team, as they have good CC and mobility, as well as support qualities. (I'm big on support-jungles).

Nunu build:
boots + 3
GP10s
Aegis of the Legion
Frozen Heart (If they are heavy auto attackers)
Athene's Unholy Grail (If they are heavy magic, if they aren't heavy magic build this AFTER Frozen Heart anyways. It gives great mana regen and sustain through your consume)
Zeke's Herald (If your team auto attack's a lot)

Picking / Banning:
This has become much more intense with the increase in champions that are 'OP' in Twisted Treeline. Namely Rengar and Jayce.
Basically, your goal in the picking / banning phase is to pick up the OP champions that *counter* other OP champions. I.E you can let them have Jax, but only if you can then get Nunu or Lee Sin. You can let them have Nunu, but only if Jax is banned (You can't pick Jax into Nunu, and you can't let them have Jax AND Nunu unless you have a death wish).

If I had to name the champions I consider incredibly strong, borderline OP, and most certainly ban-worthy, I would say:
Darius
Rengar
Jayce
Singed
Jax
Nunu
Cho'Gath
Ezreal

Notice how there is more than 6 OP champions? Yea, it's impossible to ban them all. So you just have to make sure you get the right OP champion so that they get the wrong one.
Typically, if I have first pick, I just ban the OP champions that don't have many counters, that way I have a better chance of grabbing a counter pick to remaining OP champions.

For example, in a recent game where our team had first pick, the banning process went like this:
Darius----------Singed
Rengar---------Ezreal
Cho'Gath------Jayce

Both Nunu and Jax were open, but I picked Nunu, knowing that if they picked Jax he would be countering himself, and if they didn't pick Jax, we would have an incredible combo.

I think with the New Twisted Treeline map coming out, many more champions will be viable and there will be less OP champs. As such, picking and banning may be more tailored to certain team comps. I.E teams with sustained damage will ban Volibear so that his passive doesn't wreak them.

Hopefully my answer helped!

Eryn

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhouse86 View Post
Hey E1C question about team comp. I play voli and play games with my nephew and sometimes his friend. What would be some good team comps to go with voli? Between my nephew and his friend they have almost every character unlocked. As a team we don't really have a jungler, I know it's important but for whatever reason we just prefer to do 1top and 2bot. A team comp I was thinking about was voli/morg on bot, with maybe a lee sin solo top. Thoughts about any number of team comps would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Nunu + Volibear in one lane.
Gangplank solo lane.

--------------------------------------

Nunu + Volibear one lane.
Jayce solo lane.

-------------------------------------

Volibear + Gangplank one lane.
Jayce solo lane.

------------------------------------

Volibear + Jayce one lane.
Singed solo lane.

-----------------------------------

I think those would be some great team comps focused around tankiness, survivability, mobility, and mixed damage. Although those are all just tailored for Volibear. If you had Volibear + _____ champion in mind I could give more ideas