Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zolte

09-20-2012

Is Fizz a powerful champion in 3's? I am considering buying him, but he is expensive and I have not been able to try him out. How would you build him?

Exile Pony

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

if you still are replying to anyone, Id just like to say I've read almost every page so far, you have wonderful advice that me and my friends are going to put to use, very good inforrmation, and thank you <3

StuxneTwOw

09-21-2012

I have a question about champions, I play with 3 main champs Valdimir / Pantheon / Darius ..
So I want to ask you about the items for this 3 champs and what should be my items build for each champ..

nightmær

09-21-2012

I'm halfway through reading the thread and i must say its filled with goodies. Thank you very much for your contribution to help other TT players to better themselves.

I would like which champs should never be played TT? and has the ban picks changed since the start of this thread?

Resolute Riven

09-21-2012

Thanks.
I play Teemo bot in 3's. My team hasn't started jungling yet, as TT Jungle is much harder. We will eventually. For now we generally run a "Protect the Teemo" comp. Teemo is so great at taking out Bruisers, as well as warding the (small) map with his shrooms, making shrooming ten times as effective on TT over SR. Our favorite comp is Teemo-Zil bot + Yorick top. 3 Teemos are OP.
I have one random question though: How would you play lee Sin top? take smite? exhaust+ignite?

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
I have a friend who desperately wants to hit Gold to get the Janna skin and has convinced me and a buddy to play ranked 3s with him. I used to play it a fair bit when it came out but haven't much since then and I'm not sure how new champions and changes in the meta have altered the mode.

I know ward control on Dragon and Lizard are vital both for avoiding ganks and objectives. What would you suggest the most important concepts to be aware of while getting into the swing are?

In terms of champion selection my impressions from back then and now is that wall hopping, tankyness, and crowd control are the strongest traits to be looking for when choosing champions. Is that still the case or have other strategies eclipsed those being the best things?

Thanks for the pointers
As long as you can out farm your opponents you will get gold rated easily. That and keeping tabs on dragon.

Eryn

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatz View Post
Thoughts on Garen? Both playing as and against.
Garen is insanely good. He does wicked damage, has great lane control, good escape, and most importantly is insanely tanky.

Garen is not all that affected by attack speed slows which is great, he also does massive damage in an AoE, while also being able to take hits very well even building items like Brutalizer and Last Whisper.

Playing against Garen you need someone who can out damage him. While he is spinning he doesn't have any CC going for him, in that time you need to unload however much damage you can, and usually you can beat him. For Instance, when I play the champion Wukong and I see Garen truckin' it towards me with his silence prepared, I prepare my Q, and then Nimbus Strike to Garen. Even if he silences me I still get my Q off for the % armor reduction (also dealing bonus damage), and then my E deals bonus damage and gives me a large atk speed steroid, causing me to usually win the trade.

In teamfights Garen has little CC, and none that is large scale, that and the combination of him being tanky means don't focus him. Focus someone who good CC or who does more damage or is less squishy.

As Garen, do your best to make sure the other team is beating on you while your % damage reduction is activated, as long as your team is on even footing you'll win the fight if they do.

Eryn

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteTheBroken View Post
I just got all the way through this thread and it's been really useful, so I want to say "Thank you" before anything else. That said, I've got lots of questions:

1. What do you think of Vladimir, post-nerf Diana, and post-buff Rengar?

2. Is there a place for snowball items (Mejai's, etc.) on TT or are there too few kills for these to be good even if you're snowballing?

3. Somewhat related to #2. You mentioned Anivia is squishy; have you seen anyone have luck with the infamous Froggen tanky Anivia build (Boots+Tear(or Catalyst)+Mejai's+Warmog's+Warmog's+etc...)

4. Is Warwick better suited to jungle or lane?

5. Last time I played TT for extended periods, I got flamed for playing Annie (this was before her mini-rework). How do you play/build her effectively for this map?

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I don't want to overuse your hospitality, so I'll stop here. Thanks again for everything.
1. Vladimir has good damage, is tanky, and has great survivability. The problems with him is he adds no CC to the team fight (however his ult is great for a team of tanks), has very little mobility, and more than that takes forever to get the ball rolling. If you want to play Vladimir I'd play Mordekaiser instead.

Diana's OP. Rengar was UP, after nerf idk.

2. Eh, I don't think so. It's hard to get enough stacks let alone maintain them in a 3v3 full of tanks.

3. I've never even heard of that build haha.

4. He has great sustain in the jungle, but very poor ganking power pre-6 (which is when the most ganks go down). As such I think he'd be better in lane.

5. Annie is incredibly strong, she can farm well, has amazing damage, and amazing CC.
I think I'd build her:
boots + 3
doran's ring x 2
Sorc shoes
Abyssal Scepter
Rab's Cap

Eryn

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugotheluckyone View Post
E1C how do i play Fizz?
I have no idea... sorry

All I no is throw your fish on someone and dodge AoE with your jump. You can also hop walls with it.

Eryn

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ xD View Post
I was trying to jungle yesterday with Shyvana, noct, and nunu. Things went like this..

Nunu: Went great, my solo bot did well and we won the game easily.

Shyvana: The enemy team had no smite, but they sent Jayce bottom against my solo lane, and they sent 2 top against my other solo lane. They pushed top in hard until nocturne was level three or so and then he was way further ahead of me, he began to jungle and take all the camps. Ended up losing.

Noct: Lost.
Pretty much I get countered a lot and I get incredibly low in the jungle i'm forced to B, any jungle tips please?
Nocturne aint as special as he used to be in the jungle for starters.

Shyvana is all about clearing the jungle and getting massive farm. You will always have trouble when they put two top lane though. Your best bet is an early gank when you are level 3 (Take your mid camp, and both top camps) and your lane is level 2 to 3. You will have a 2v2 advantage in this case.

Nunu is a slow jungler but he can instagib a buff early on with smite + consume.