Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheriffV2

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadKiller View Post
My question is when should I be going for the first dragon kill? My teammates and I argue about it constantly, I believe we should go for it As soon as we have the chance but they are like we need to wait till level 10-11. What is your opinion?
As a rule, whoever gets Dragon first wins 90% of the time.

With a Jungler, you should be able to get it as early as level 5-6.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Dragon gives a minimal buff, but more importantly 280g per player.

That's equivalent to ~25 cs each. Almost equivalent to an Ace. It's huge.

Go for it any time you get a chance, and keep a timer on it, and a pink ward, so you can constantly secure dragon.

Generally you'll need a minimum of one madred's razor / Wriggle's Latern, and a minimum of 2 people (if you have smite) to take it early. But usually, you want to only take dragon early if their team is out of position (or dead) and your entire team is at dragon.
To add on that, most top tier junglers can solo dragon as early as level 5, if they have a Wriggle's finished. Some 2-man combos can pull off extremely early dragon kills as well, much earlier than what opponents even realize is possible. For a specific example, I once pulled off a 2-man dragon kill with Xin+Olaf (both of us were level 4, and neither of us had Razor yet).

Boo

08-18-2012

getting dragon early is not a problem, it's just making sure that no one catches you trying to do it with low health. it's pretty risky, but it's worth it. just gotta make sure you pink ward it.

Judas Priest

08-19-2012

How can you win when the 2 inhibitors were recklessly taken down and now the enemy team just start turtling?

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
How can you win when the 2 inhibitors were recklessly taken down and now the enemy team just start turtling?
There are a couple options.

1) Wait for the inhibitors to spawn, in the mean time you can still get even / more farm than them by taking the jungle and farming at the edge of their base. Once the inhibitors spawn freeze the lanes outside the base and force them to come out. Ace and push.

2) Kill 1 or 2 of them in the base, then dive the nexus turret. Even if 2-3 of you die taking the tower, you have an instant win when you all respawn. (Flash over the wall afk destroy the 5k health no armor nexus).

Friggid

08-19-2012

How do u spend ur time as u wait for the 10-20 minute queues to pop once u get the higher ratings?

Eryn

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggid View Post
How do u spend ur time as u wait for the 10-20 minute queues to pop once u get the higher ratings?
Playing 'Draw My Thing' normally.

Goggris

08-20-2012

Quote:
Mostly reddit. The real question is - how do you rationalize spending 20 minutes waiting for a 15 minute game, earning 5 elo. I'm still figuring this one out.

UJhySoPro

08-21-2012

Hey E1C,
Sorry if you've already answered this question, but, what is the normal jungle route.
What I've been doing is starting out at top wolves/golems then heading bot jungle and getting the two wraiths/golems camp at either side.
Sorry if there is an obvious answer.
Thanks

Axil

08-21-2012

Quote:
I just cry the whole time