Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPointyStick View Post
Do people at higher ranks still tend to do that team battle right off the hop? Y'know, the one where everyone hops into the bushes in the middle of the bottom lane.

Second question... if you have a game where there's no jungler, should you be giving one person in bottom lane all the creep kills? Or is it better to split them?
For the first question, never. Because there is always a jungler and they camp in the bush above the middle spawns.

For the second question, I'd split them if that's the composition you want to use.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberry Pie View Post
I am an avid 3s player with at least 1k games on TT and hover around 1450 Elo there, but i want to take it to the next level.

I find that malphite top is unstoppable considering typical TT ad bruiser picks. My current build usually starts philo, then HoG. I get a tankiness based on need (sunfire/banshees/randuin's), then late game transition into high damage: atmas, bloodthirsters, ect... He seems to maintain great tankiness and the 40% bonus attack damage from his brutal strikes skyrockets late game damage to ridiculously obscene levels. With a base of ~280-300 ad (atmas+bt+tiamat) I can hit 500ad everytime i pop my brutal strikes.

I know that tiamat is typically a very situational item due to its terribly small splash, however, with brutal strikes, one tiamat allows me to do 100% damage to everyone, and considering i am fairly tanky, i typically find myself in the midst of multiple enemies. This has worked great for me, but I want your opinion on whether you think this will take me past the 1500s into higher level play? Is malphite and/or this malphite build viable to pass the 1500's?
Hell yeah dude! I played a game against HaoZ, EvilLust, and Sarano while they were using Malphite. Oh my lord man, that Malphite was untouchable, I never felt so bad for first picking Wuking.

Although, I'm not sure where Bloodthirster fits in on Malphite, then again the only reason I bought Malphite was for the Lucky Charms skin, so I really don't know his builds too well.

Don't first pick Malphite though, unless you plan to jungle with him (which works alright), otherwise your gonna get Vladimir or Rumble in your face which sucks.

kurindrise

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Where is zacy
i miss zacy QQ

Eryn

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormaul View Post
Is starting at a buff at level 1 a good idea? I usually get my team to help me take a buff as we kill it very quickly with smite than we run away from the small mobs as they are to strong. Is that good or is it better to do the other route?
We tried something similar to this a few games.

We'd start at our teams buff, nuke it down, then go to their buff, nuke it down and this time smite it. Then we'd rush down to their top lane for a gank. Regardless of whether the gank worked out we would heavily push their top lane into their tower.

Either their team would amass at top lane, at which point we would all go to our lanes, or we would push the turret down.

The problem with this strategy is that no matter the outcome (unless our gank granted first blood) we would be behind on gold and xp in the long run.

This may be a good strategy if you can guarantee the first blood though, requires testing imo.

Eryn

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post
What's the build order and rune/mastery setup for a proficient 3v3 Mundo (jungling oriented of course)? No one has posted an update for 3v3 Mundo in a good 6 months. The last update I saw was 9/21 masteries, normal flat ad/armor/mr runes, with a build order along the lines of:

- boots/pots or cloth/pots
- Doran's and/or HoG
- Spirit Visage and/or Phage
- then your normal atmogs/fratmas/tank gear

I was running some games today and it just seems to take too long to get the ball rolling, especially vs competent opponents who avoid ganks and cleavers. Also, is maxing W still the way to go?
That build seems pretty good. Definitely rush the Heart of Gold.
I don't think I'd get Doran's to be honest, most of your damage is gonna come from your W.

Sorry I'm not much help, but it seems like you already know how to Mundo.

Eryn

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurindrise View Post
i miss zacy QQ
Me too... Me too...

Eryn

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenStill View Post
I'm currently interested in 3s.

I'd like to know, in your opinion, what should the optimal team composition be? Because currently, I see 3s as a place where you must build as a tanky DPS. Unlike 5s, you can easily focus someone in 3s, and building glass cannon does not work. What is your opinion?
Composition:

Bruiser top / Tanky CC jungle / Tanky AP bot lane

Always build tanky.

Eryn

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdering View Post
LMFAOOOOOOOOOO E1C I beat you guys in ranked 3v3 so ez......................... your renek isnt good at all
This is the only game you and I have ever played I believe.

I was indeed Renekton, in fact it was my first ranked game as Renekton.

After reviewing the game though it would seem like not only did my team win, but I had quite a good score.

Maybe you're thinking of another game that I'm unable to find on LoL Recorder, if so please post it, I enjoy being able to see what I did wrong in League games.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/238263/

BigPointyStick

06-22-2012

Quote:
For the first question, never. Because there is always a jungler and they camp in the bush above the middle spawns.

For the second question, I'd split them if that's the composition you want to use.
Yeah, since I'm still pretty much at the bottom, that's what usually ends up happening. That being said, I'll probably look into jungle strategies, so I can maybe force the issue. I tend to jungle with Shyvana a lot on SR, and I think the TT buffs definitely compliment her style better. Possibly Voli as well (who I usually roll in TT and smash face with) although I've found his jungle to be a bit slower than Shyv's.

pUppeh DoG LOL

06-22-2012

Who is your favorite yordle to play and why? Because I would like to learn the ways of the Yordle. And this would be a good stepping stone. Into the Yordle.

Ok