Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Moose View Post
I main Rumble and tend to faceroll whenever I play him on 3s... although he seems to never get any attention... your thoughts on him? Also since there is really only 1 Jungle path early game is it viable to just sit your whole team at their top weak camp and wait?
Rumble gets face rolled by any other AP carry. As such I believe the only viable way to play him is to go top lane and **** on their bruiser. Rumble top lane and Talon bot lane might be extremely viable.

But of course, if you plan to play AP carry bot lane, I wouldn't suggest rumble.

I would not wait for their jungle in the top weak camp, you'll miss too much xp and farm. And they may not even come if they can't see any of your team members on the map.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepMasterFunk View Post
Whats your take on Kayle?
I haven't gotten up to those level 30 games yet, but nonetheless I've gone against some pretty skilled players. But I always come out on top, scoring brilliant aces alone. A real bruiser this lass.
She's a fun role to play(hybrid carry/support) and I dominate the other team every time. I mean this with little farm on top. Even at a disadvantage of farm.

But: How much play does she get in real competitive play?
Unfortunately, I wouldn't suggest Kayle as a viable 3v3 champion.

She has some nifty benefits for your teammates, but in a 3 on 3 game, that means 33% of your team goes to benefiting the other 66%, and that really doesn't work out.

Even if you build her with lots of DPS, she is too squishy and once her range fades she's done for.

She might be very complimentary for Tryndamere, but other than that I feel there are too many other champs who can fulfill her role in 3v3 better.

So to answer your question, I never saw her in highly rated 3v3 games.

Eryn

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPChocobo View Post
Thank you on your response about Malzahar earlier. I was wondering now on your opinion regarding GP/5 items (Kage's, Philo stone, etc).

Should i get them, or just go into the thick of my build and hope to get enough farm?
Is it a good backup plan?
Good/bad idea to incorporate as a main build item in the beginning?
When to upgrade?
It really depends. The thing about 3v3 is you will usually have a 15 minute to 25 minute game. As such the benefits you get from GP/10 is not as large as on Summoner's Rift. I'd suggest getting heavy farm and at most one GP/10 item unless you plan to turtle.

Eryn

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skared View Post
E1C I played with you yesterday your Janna is freakin' baller
Thanks man

The real hero that game was Lixalollipop going 50/1 on LeBlanc though haha.

Eryn

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygoniq View Post
I've been playing Hecarim in TT a lot lately, and I've had a lot of success. He does a lot of damage, his ganks are really hard to avoid, and he can initiate and survive fights, especially if your team has a brain and burst heals him in his W. But, me and my friends want to rank and improve and I'm not sure if Hecarim has a place in a properly set up team. Do you think he can top or jungle? And what do you think would counter Hecarim, so I don't counter myself?
I think that if you are good with him he could do very well. What counters him are slows and hard CC, then again that counters most anyone. If you can manage to build him tanky, then he could jungle well.

Eryn

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzen View Post
Hey, can you give me tips on how to play mordekaiser on TT and some help on SR. and i want to know my build order.
I wish I was Zacynthos, I'd probably be a better player and I could tell you all about Morde.

I don't even own the champion hahaha.

www.mobafire.com

^ That should help you on both 3v3 and 5v5.

Eryn

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxwinerxX View Post
Anyone can counter Darius and Olaf?
Can a tanky ap Maokai work well in TT?
Olaf and Darius ride on true damage, the best way to counter them is just to have lots of life.

I have no clue about Maokai, he could probably be really powerful in the jungle, and tanky is indeed the game in 3v3.

Eryn

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqdhd123 View Post
how would u build nocturne? what if im top against a renekton n hes going tank what should i build n what should i build against mr lee sin. annnnnnnnnnnnd wut would be a good team comp with noc in it THX :3
Nocturne should be in the jungle in my opinion. I'd only really use him top lane if you were against Darius.

Because of Nocturne's kit being only really beneficial to HIM and detrimental to the other team, he's a good jungle to use with most any team comp.

Eryn

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfoxx View Post
Would any of you top players list a counter pick strat or maybe a few counter picks to tier 1 champs. Or if this list is already somewhere post a link!
Second any top player (E1c) that gives lessons add me or post here, I'll be looking for lessons next week. I am willing to pay.
The thing that makes tier 1 champions tier 1 is because they are incredibly good and part of being incredibly good is being incredibly hard to counter.

When I think of Singed I can't think of any champion that counters him apart from hard CC (taunts / stuns) and ranged damage.

When I think of Lee Sin I can't think of any champion that can stop his tankiness, mobility, or damage. Again the only savior is hard CC.

Jax, Riven, Dr. Mundo, all of the top tier champs really can't be countered by any particular champ but the only way to really defeat them is with hard CC.

I'm happy to give you lessons, I'll add you on League of Legends and we can do it over skype, vent, teamspeak, mumble, whatever you want.

I've done lessons in the past and the pay ranged from $5 - $20 an hour. Although I'm extremely flexible.

NBA

06-20-2012

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO E1C I beat you guys in ranked 3v3 so ez......................... your renek isnt good at all