Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knight of Dusk

11-15-2012

I'm still hopeful for an upgrade of Malady. Which would sync very well with our ultimate. Right now the damage bonus and shredding isn't enough to be useful late game. Early on it's very useful with Wit's End in tandem though, so making it a viable choice could work wonders for us.

Asdioh

11-16-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2801597 if you guys haven't seen it.

I love the Warmog's change. I predicted it would lose the stackability, but gain the FoN passive, and I'm very ok with that.

...Statikk Shiv sounds nowhere near as good for Voli as I hoped. RIP Ionic Spark.
Man, nothing else seems exciting for Voli. >_>

Rowanoake

11-16-2012

Well, I sort of exhausted myself reading through the thread and trying to catch up, but I have to admire the tenacity of OP. Also, i support the cause of Volibear love. i will shamelessly self-promote, ad leave a link to my Volibear skins thread here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post31480394

also, will watch this thread with interest and post where I can. and maybe Riot may say something!

A bouncy Furret

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanoake View Post
Well, I sort of exhausted myself reading through the thread and trying to catch up, but I have to admire the tenacity of OP. Also, i support the cause of Volibear love. i will shamelessly self-promote, ad leave a link to my Volibear skins thread here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post31480394

also, will watch this thread with interest and post where I can. and maybe Riot may say something!
Thank you sir

The S3 changes look SO painful for Volibear...

Knight of Dusk

11-16-2012

I'm still trying to make up my mind about S3. I feel like this would actually be a powerful combo on Voli now (CRAAAZY fresh theorycrafting of course, not sure if the interaction works), since he doesn't have anything else now really (as far as I can see, that is A LOT of information to take in):

Liandry's Lament

Dealing spell damage burns enemies for a % of their current life over 3 seconds. This effect deals double damage if the target's movement is impaired.

With Rylai's Crystal Scepter. Essentially, when ulting, you're dealing 2% of max health damage to 4 enemy champions in a team fight every second independent of attack speed because Rylai's slows everyone. Even if it is a massively reduced slow, it should trigger Lament's double damage. That's like a super nerfed version of Nasus ult, I know, but it does have better range due to bouncing and a high base damage too.

This would of course go with a tanky AP Voli, who uses the new 10% ap on-hit mastery (I was almost praying to Odin for this for AP on-hit Kayle (alt builders are gonna alt build), thank you based dead gods of my ancestors). Could be total ****e, but I it want it to work so bad.

When ulting, this results in a 0.4 ap ratio on the primary target too, which miiiiight be worth getting some AP for. Not too much though, still need to have tons of defense being melee and all, especially since this build would require you to stay alive until no one else is breathing just to say to you got even remotely your gold investment in value.

Anyway, I think we might be able to get Riot to do something now, because DAYM is he lacking offensive options now.

EDIT: OOPS, forgot that we don't have the percentage of the burn, I just filed it in with 3 in my mind because I think some new TT item had that? I don't know, I was reading the updates too fast I guess.

EDIT 2: WOOT, made it into the PBE. Let's see what''s what now.

Knight of Dusk

11-16-2012

Did my first Voli jungle run. It was... slow. Reeeaaal slow. Forgot to time myself but it did take its sweet time for a standard blue start into red run. Did reach level 4 roughly at the same time as my other team mates though, so it's not terrible. He survives it fine, but I did use a single armor quint expecting it to be tougher too. The machete adds very little, only 10% more damage and I don't think it's worth the investment outside getting Wriggle's faster. (On Voli, junglers like Jax will love it, which reminds me I need to try him now too, and jungle Malz, oh boy oh boy am I looking forward to seeing how he manages)

Cloth would be better. Don't think he can clear the jungle with boots without heavily speccing for survival. But yay, he can still jungle! That 1 second fear increase is actually doing something.

Game ended too fast to try out any awesome new items outside the machete though. Only got to Merc treads + Wriggle's + Phage and Wit's. Recursive bow is down 10% in AS, might slightly hurt but it is 100 or so gold cheaper too.

Edit: Oh yeah, I was speccing AS this run, for more Madred's procs after the initial clear. Farming the jungle seems to pay off well now so it worked great. Armor pen + AD would make his initial clear faster of course.

A bouncy Furret

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
Did my first Voli jungle run. It was... slow. Reeeaaal slow. Forgot to time myself but it did take its sweet time for a standard blue start into red run. Did reach level 4 roughly at the same time as my other team mates though, so it's not terrible. He survives it fine, but I did use a single armor quint expecting it to be tougher too. The machete adds very little, only 10% more damage and I don't think it's worth the investment outside getting Wriggle's faster. (On Voli, junglers like Jax will love it, which reminds me I need to try him now too, and jungle Malz, oh boy oh boy am I looking forward to seeing how he manages)

Cloth would be better. Don't think he can clear the jungle with boots without heavily speccing for survival. But yay, he can still jungle! That 1 second fear increase is actually doing something.

Game ended too fast to try out any awesome new items outside the machete though. Only got to Merc treads + Wriggle's + Phage and Wit's. Recursive bow is down 10% in AS, might slightly hurt but it is 100 or so gold cheaper too.

Edit: Oh yeah, I was speccing AS this run, for more Madred's procs after the initial clear. Farming the jungle seems to pay off well now so it worked great. Armor pen + AD would make his initial clear faster of course.
Jungle Morg and Jungle Annie.

That is what I fear the most.

Knight of Dusk

11-16-2012

Very unsure if they can manage this jungle.
I think those who could jungle with 5 + cloth before and just about make it will be in a very bad position now.

Second run, this time with armor pen + AD, proper jungle masteries and cloth 5 soda start. Went a little faster, but boy he needs those potions. Don't think he can jungle with boots at all, unless you throw everything at survival in the jungle. (foregoing movement speed quints and mr, and going 9/21/0). Volisad. Don't think boots will be so common as a first item buy now though, so it's okay.

Also, the new HUD takes some getting use to. That there's a bazillion new items don't make it better.

Edit: Too many new things. Not thinking straight. Missed 10 true damage on-hit on machete, malady now gives 10% ap on-hit, tons of stuff. So much theorycrafting to do. Really don't want to spend a Friday this way, but I don't think I can help myself. I've become a monster.

Asdioh

11-16-2012

Looking forward to testing out the PBE. My 3 most played champs in ranked S2 were Malzahar, Volibear, and Xin. The Voli in me isn't too excited about the s3 changes... the Xin/Malz side is LOVING them though >_>

Knight of Dusk

11-16-2012

Xin is apparantly bugged with SotD right now. The 100% AS + Crit buff won't count your crits until after Three Talon Strike wears off. So yeah, you can go 6 crits with +100% attack speed as long as you use TTS first and then activate SotD. Or so I hear, I accidentally closed PBE and now I'm stuck in the queue and can't try it.

AD Malzahar seems to be getting a very nice buff from this! Which pleases me greatly. (I only play him AD, because there are no actual minion masters in LoL and AD Malz is the closest I can get ._.)

Hecarim will be scarier than Baron now. A sheen that does AoE AND give a bunch of armour? What's this, CDR too? The world will burn in his wake. Working in Tiamat if picking Hexdrinker for MR will just make it even worse. Worse for everything that isn't Hecarim.

Edit: Oh and Teemo may or may not be the destroyer of galaxies now with all this on-hit and Hurricane splashing it. Doesn't help DFG went crazy tier and Malady now synergies with that AP. Good lord, Riot will be busy for months balancing all this. I just hope Volibear gets his time once they're done. But I'll be damned if I won't find some sort of crazy build that turns him sleeper OP in the meantime. THERE MUST BE A LOOPHOLE SOMEWHERE!