Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PyroniusRex

10-22-2012

Seriously, my W leap idea would make him actually viable in most teams. Also maybe some minor hp scaling on his ult?

Jamesonw

10-22-2012

Sir lightning fuzzy bear is close to being in a pretty good spot and most of the changes the OP suggested would be fantastic without putting him over the top (except while q is active you can go through minions that would be too strong). One problem he has is a select few devastating counters in my experience. Lee sin and darius top just make lunch out of him.

Knight of Dusk

10-22-2012

@Pyronius: I think the HP scaling would really make him a bit broken. Being able to do damage by building tanky is a dangerous road. But it does fit with his theme, and is better than the puny AP scaling it currently has, that thing is just not worth it. Even if it's a minor HP-to-Damage ratio, how would you build him if you want to increase dps? Stack warmogs? I don't know, I'd rather see a better AP ratio, and/or a small AD one, but it's a good idea to consider!

@Jameson: Being able to pass through minions might be a little strong, but with his bulk and frenzy stacks that keep falling off, getting caught in minions during a chase is a very real problem this could really help with. But at the same time, it's a large part in playing AGAINST Volibear too. It's a hard thing to decide on without actually thoroughly testing it.

Edit: Oh yeah, the leap. The more I think about it, the more I like it! It'd help his kiting problem quite a bit actually. Just a small jump would be fine, I mean, you do have to get the three stacks first and it's a 18 second cooldown so it's not like he got a spammable flash or the power to jump over walls, and you have to target an enemy so it's not an escape tool too. Also, it would feel fantastic to use. DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Still feel like he should have a slow break on Majestic Roar though, but that might be a little much.

Rossingol

10-22-2012

bump, bears.

Knight of Dusk

10-22-2012

Riot pls.

MattM3ister

10-22-2012

bump

AgentMoshimo

10-22-2012

lol build a Warmogs on voli and he is unkillable and he kills everything

Rossingol

10-22-2012

We will be heard!

Knight of Dusk

10-22-2012

You said it!

Bump!

Knight of Dusk

10-22-2012

Guess what Riot. Bump!