Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knight of Dusk

10-20-2012

We just hit 400 upvotes. THANK YOU! ;D

Get Swoll Son

10-20-2012

Some of these ideas are good, however the W related ones are designed to help Voli top, mainly, where he's fine.

Jungle Bear is the one that's suffering ... and if the Jungle is being made tougher again, it's likely that he'll be completely unviable, as opposed to borderline as he is now.

His early game clear times are SO SLOW.

He needs some way of clearing camps faster ... whether it be a passive on W that deals an extra 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 (or a flat one of 8-10) to neutral camp monsters, or his E doing an additional amount of damage to them.

Knight of Dusk

10-20-2012

Yes, Volibear isn't much of a jungler. His ganks are nice. But he does need a faster clear time like you're saying. That or I am spoiled from Nocturne, Shyvana, Lee, and other 'top tier' junglers.

I think the most likely solution is something along the lines of 50% increased damage to monsters on E, possibly accompanied with increased base damage at lower levels by a little bit.

My dream solution would be reworking Thunder Claws into a toggle, available at level 1. It'd need to be much weaker, say 2 bounces and maybe just 10 base damage when you start the game. But man. Volibear would skyrocket in popularity with perma chain lightning. Works really well with his attack speed from Frenzy too.

Rossingol

10-20-2012

The Ursae will be heard!

Knight of Dusk

10-20-2012

My last bump for the day. Thanks to everyone who's joined in! : )

A bouncy Furret

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
We just hit 400 upvotes. THANK YOU! ;D
No sir, thank you!

A bouncy Furret

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
Yes, Volibear isn't much of a jungler. His ganks are nice. But he does need a faster clear time like you're saying. That or I am spoiled from Nocturne, Shyvana, Lee, and other 'top tier' junglers.

I think the most likely solution is something along the lines of 50% increased damage to monsters on E, possibly accompanied with increased base damage at lower levels by a little bit.

My dream solution would be reworking Thunder Claws into a toggle, available at level 1. It'd need to be much weaker, say 2 bounces and maybe just 10 base damage when you start the game. But man. Volibear would skyrocket in popularity with perma chain lightning. Works really well with his attack speed from Frenzy too.
A thunder claws toggle.

I'll need a new pair of pants.

Ogaflow

10-20-2012

I like where you are going with these, problem is Zileas will NEVER approve of a buff for armored bears, he sees it as bad enough they even exist in the league, but to make them viable.... dare I even say.... competitive.... He will never let it happen.

eltipoedy66

10-20-2012

I actually think Voli is ok; OP is used correctly, in fact, but the only thing that bugs me about him it's his flip distance. Singes can fling someone like half the lane away(obviously over-reacting) and Voli just pass them right after him :c I would like a longer distance, maybe the same as Singed's and it would be ok.

A bouncy Furret

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogaflow View Post
I like where you are going with these, problem is Zileas will NEVER approve of a buff for armored bears, he sees it as bad enough they even exist in the league, but to make them viable.... dare I even say.... competitive.... He will never let it happen.
We must divide Riot back into the two warring halves.