Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knight of Dusk

10-19-2012

Last bump for the day.

A bouncy Furret

10-19-2012

Good morning / night / whatever time of the day it is where you live.

Today is my birthday and I have a "cunning" plan.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post30423207

A bouncy Furret

10-19-2012

Bump

Windless Bear

10-19-2012

Anyone I ask prefers Singed over Volibear as a tank.

And it's actually pretty hard to argue with them... in order to farm any bit effectively on Voli I need to get something for onhit/attack speed. Singed can just continue to build tank and run up and down lanes with his poison clearing waves.

I've been trying Volibear as a support, but he needs a different game style to work. He needs to be fed the kills while the ADC gets all the farm and assists. It's extremely effective, but it all hinges on your ADC being competent enough to help you get at least 3 kills in lane. And you're going to have to use gold on wards, too, so that makes it all the much harder.

Ultimately, I think Volibear has a place in a different meta than we have today. Maybe some options will open with S3.

A bouncy Furret

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkelion View Post
Anyone I ask prefers Singed over Volibear as a tank.

And it's actually pretty hard to argue with them... in order to farm any bit effectively on Voli I need to get something for onhit/attack speed. Singed can just continue to build tank and run up and down lanes with his poison clearing waves.

I've been trying Volibear as a support, but he needs a different game style to work. He needs to be fed the kills while the ADC gets all the farm and assists. It's extremely effective, but it all hinges on your ADC being competent enough to help you get at least 3 kills in lane. And you're going to have to use gold on wards, too, so that makes it all the much harder.

Ultimately, I think Volibear has a place in a different meta than we have today. Maybe some options will open with S3.
Singed and Volibear ultimately play a similar role, however Volibear is more about killing one target while Singed runs circles around the enemies slowly killing the lot of them.

The issue is that often Singed can kill one target better than Volibear, while still running circles around everyone.

Windless Bear

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Arçadius View Post
Singed and Volibear ultimately play a similar role, however Volibear is more about killing one target while Singed runs circles around the enemies slowly killing the lot of them.

The issue is that often Singed can kill one target better than Volibear, while still running circles around everyone.
And even worse, Singed can not only deal passive damage constantly, he can also just leave when he needs to. He has a better slow and range, Fling actually scales incredibly well with his AP (Voli's Q just doesn't get to scale, for some reason) and his ult is constantly up.

Some might say that Voli's passive heals for more than Singed's ultimate, but once an enemy is down to that low health you usually IGNITE them. Which just destroys Volibear. Whereas Singed will pop his at 70% health to ensure constant longterm regeneration.

He also has the option to just leave combat if it goes poorly. If you're not going all in as Voli, it's pretty easy to kill you. I actually run Ghost AND Flash on Voli to counter this.

A bouncy Furret

10-19-2012

Quote:
And even worse, Singed can not only deal passive damage constantly, he can also just leave when he needs to. He has a better slow and range, Fling actually scales incredibly well with his AP (Voli's Q just doesn't get to scale, for some reason) and his ult is constantly up.

Some might say that Voli's passive heals for more than Singed's ultimate, but once an enemy is down to that low health you usually IGNITE them. Which just destroys Volibear. Whereas Singed will pop his at 70% health to ensure constant longterm regeneration.

He also has the option to just leave combat if it goes poorly. If you're not going all in as Voli, it's pretty easy to kill you. I actually run Ghost AND Flash on Voli to counter this.
Yeah, Voli's what I call a hard engager. Once you're in that fight chances are you wont get out of there...

Windless Bear

10-19-2012

Sorry, but Riot is most likely not going to respond to this until they feel like it. As it is, there's nothing WRONG with Volibear, there just also isn't anything RIGHT.

It's the Galio Condition; the champ is usable but there's no reason to use him over other champs that can do the same things better and easier.

A bouncy Furret

10-19-2012

Quote:
Sorry, but Riot is most likely not going to respond to this until they feel like it. As it is, there's nothing WRONG with Volibear, there just also isn't anything RIGHT.

It's the Galio Condition; the champ is usable but there's no reason to use him over other champs that can do the same things better and easier.
I disagree, there is plenty wrong with Volibear in terms of playability, but I can see the Galio condition being a factor.

A bouncy Furret

10-19-2012

Bump