Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A bouncy Furret

06-22-2012

Bump

Exhuming

06-22-2012

It's kind of hard to explain so bear with me, pun intended.
Ok so for example lets say to make this easy your target has 100hp max hp.
Since W scales off of how many hitpoints your target is missing when your target has most of its health W does almost no damage.
My suggestion is when your target has 51/100hp or MORE the damage from your bonus health be increased to 18% instead of 15%.
But when your target has 50/100hp or LESS the damage from your bonus health is 15% as it is now.
One of the biggest problems I have when playing as Volibear is against high sustain targets who keep themselves high on health, which makes W do almost no damage. So a little boost to the damage done by W when the target is high on health would be nice since it does almost nothing now.

I'll explain it better now with an example.

Lets say your target is Irelia and has 1200hp.

You are level 5 and have 3 points in W making it do 170 base damage.
You also have defensive masteries and gain 60 bonus health as well as a giants belt adding 430 bonus health. 490 bonus health total.

If you use W on Irelia while she has full 1200hp it will do:

170 + 73 (15%) = 243 damage.
OR
170 + 88 (18%) = 258 damage.

Not much difference there, but it helps

Lets say Irelia has 900/1200hp or 75%

170 + 196 (15%+25%) = 366 damage
OR
170 + 210 (18%+25%) = 380 damage

Again, not a huge increase, but a little more damage would be nice, the effect of adding 3% obviously increases with the more bonus health you have. With a warmogs and a phage 3% adds 45 damage.
It doesn't sound like much, but it helps. Volibear used to have +20% and that was overpowered, that 5% with a warmogs and phage adds 75 damage.

If Irelia was at 50% health or LESS meaning 600hp or less in the example, Volibear's bonus would do 15% as it does now instead of 18% since the additional damage from missing health would already be significant.

Not sure if this is the best solution, just an idea considering Volibear's issues against high sustain opponents.

tom641

06-22-2012

While I hate fighting a good Voli, I can dig a few QoL changes for the bear.

A bouncy Furret

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhuming View Post
It's kind of hard to explain so bear with me, pun intended.
Ok so for example lets say to make this easy your target has 100hp max hp.
Since W scales off of how many hitpoints your target is missing when your target has most of its health W does almost no damage.
My suggestion is when your target has 51/100hp or MORE the damage from your bonus health be increased to 18% instead of 15%.
But when your target has 50/100hp or LESS the damage from your bonus health is 15% as it is now.
One of the biggest problems I have when playing as Volibear is against high sustain targets who keep themselves high on health, which makes W do almost no damage. So a little boost to the damage done by W when the target is high on health would be nice since it does almost nothing now.

I'll explain it better now with an example.

Lets say your target is Irelia and has 1200hp.

You are level 5 and have 3 points in W making it do 170 base damage.
You also have defensive masteries and gain 60 bonus health as well as a giants belt adding 430 bonus health. 490 bonus health total.

If you use W on Irelia while she has full 1200hp it will do:

170 + 73 (15%) = 243 damage.
OR
170 + 88 (18%) = 258 damage.

Not much difference there, but it helps

Lets say Irelia has 900/1200hp or 75%

170 + 196 (15%+25%) = 366 damage
OR
170 + 210 (18%+25%) = 380 damage

Again, not a huge increase, but a little more damage would be nice, the effect of adding 3% obviously increases with the more bonus health you have. With a warmogs and a phage 3% adds 45 damage.
It doesn't sound like much, but it helps. Volibear used to have +20% and that was overpowered, that 5% with a warmogs and phage adds 75 damage.

If Irelia was at 50% health or LESS meaning 600hp or less in the example, Volibear's bonus would do 15% as it does now instead of 18% since the additional damage from missing health would already be significant.

Not sure if this is the best solution, just an idea considering Volibear's issues against high sustain opponents.
Hmm I feel this would just make weird cases where keeping your target above 51% hp actually gives you more damage.

What if its base / scaling damage was just increased a lot but the damage is only increased for 0.5% per every 1%?

A bouncy Furret

06-22-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

06-22-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

06-22-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

06-22-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

06-23-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

06-23-2012

Bump