Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A bouncy Furret

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1227 View Post
Well i always thought a fun mechanic for his Q would be that,when active the force in which he is stampeding pushes the minions aside.
Well it would tie into his minion fear.

A bouncy Furret

06-21-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

06-21-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

06-21-2012

U
b
p
m

Exhuming

06-21-2012

I play Volibear as my main in ranked and a lot in normals also, he's my favorite champion, I think I am 67% wins in ranked with him.
He used to be soooooooo much stronger but he was honestly overpowered, 2 nerfs to his W was brutal though, it could use a slight upgrade. Maybe something along the lines of scaling better when his opponent has higher hp %. As is it does 1% more damage per 1% hp they are missing, overall it could honestly use a buff to say 18% when the opponent has 50% hp or more and 15% when opponent hp is 50% or lower. Something like this would help him a lot without making him overpowered I think.
As far as keeping stacks, you're just not playing him properly. All you have to do is hit a creep once then wait until the stack almost leaves, hit a creep again, wait and keep hitting a creep once when it is about to run out so that you can always have it up while your opponent is near. It's really simple. I'm very good with him, but I really think that only changes that need to be made are
A - Fix his fling bug.
B - Increase his W to do 18% when the opponent is over 50% hp and back to 15% when the opponent is under 50%. The 1% missing bonus makes his W skill do almost nothing to an opponent with full or near full hp.

CrispyCoffee

06-21-2012

Bears I like

A bouncy Furret

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhuming View Post
I play Volibear as my main in ranked and a lot in normals also, he's my favorite champion, I think I am 67% wins in ranked with him.
He used to be soooooooo much stronger but he was honestly overpowered, 2 nerfs to his W was brutal though, it could use a slight upgrade. Maybe something along the lines of scaling better when his opponent has higher hp %. As is it does 1% more damage per 1% hp they are missing, overall it could honestly use a buff to say 18% when the opponent has 50% hp or more and 15% when opponent hp is 50% or lower. Something like this would help him a lot without making him overpowered I think.
As far as keeping stacks, you're just not playing him properly. All you have to do is hit a creep once then wait until the stack almost leaves, hit a creep again, wait and keep hitting a creep once when it is about to run out so that you can always have it up while your opponent is near. It's really simple. I'm very good with him, but I really think that only changes that need to be made are
A - Fix his fling bug.
B - Increase his W to do 18% when the opponent is over 50% hp and back to 15% when the opponent is under 50%. The 1% missing bonus makes his W skill do almost nothing to an opponent with full or near full hp.
I know how to keep stacks on his W in lane. This also pushes the lane harder than just last hitting.

The stack duration increase is for when you're chasing someone with nothing to reset your stack timer on.

Exhuming

06-21-2012

Pushing your lane to keep W stacks is just a function of the ability. Like using Jax's passive on his ult while hitting minions twice before jumping to hit your opponent to do more damage. Just something you have to deal with by warding to make sure you aren't ganked since you will be pushing your lane harder than most.

Honestly though his kit is kind of designed to be able to let you get your W off, I never have a problem with it. When you chase them down use your E to slow them, that should almost always allow you to get 3 hits in.

Exhuming

06-21-2012

I guess my point being I don't think he needs a higher timer on his W stacks or a longer range for his W

What do you think about the suggestion for increasing his W to 18% over 50%?

A bouncy Furret

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhuming View Post
I guess my point being I don't think he needs a higher timer on his W stacks or a longer range for his W

What do you think about the suggestion for increasing his W to 18% over 50%?
I don't quite understand what you mean by this.