Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnbearableBears

12-20-2012

<3 you Volty! You've always been one of my favorite Rioters! Can't wait to see what changes come to our favorite Armored Bear.

Iklo

12-20-2012

God bless RIOT God bless VOLTY God bless VOLIBEAR!

This is a glorious day for Volibear. Let all fear the bear.

For the Bear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRxl1aK2l0

Fiddlebro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I thought it'd be cool if his Q scaled with AS. So you had to choose if you were going to initiate with it or use it to keep your opponent in a fight.

So like three AAs into flip into bite sounds like a good combo.

TrumoN

12-20-2012

hey Riot I've got an idea... what about doing anything, at least the smallest boost, to a champ called SIVIR

Knight of Dusk

12-20-2012

Anyone else notice how Zileas hasn't posted in awhile? And suddenly Volty is talking about performing some changes to Volibear? Furthermore, Time Machine Zilean is back in the store. And tomorrow is the 21st.

Something awfully suspicious about all of this.

RapZero

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volty View Post
Thank you everyone who has contributed to the discussion! I really appreciate your input and especially the varying points of view.

So big update:

I talked to Morello today, we have a gameplan to move forward with into testing. All skills will remain in very recognizable forms, but with some significant changes aimed a solving some specific issues. Without disclosing all the details, these are the goals (and some of the solutions.)

- Avoid pitfalls of the fighter role, including binary performance entirely dependent on closing to melee. In plainer terms, we want Volibear to reach melee somewhat more consistently but not become massively threatening until he spends a little bit of time there first.
- Ensure jungle viability.
- Clean up scaling, probably by removing AP in favor of other stats. (Health scaling to remain.)
- R cast while moving, enough said.

I also discussed our approach with Live Design, who are enthusiastic about the direction.

I will try to get the changes into playtest soon, and will post more updates as I can.

RIP AP Volibear

Knight of Dusk

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapZero View Post
RIP AP Volibear
Yeah that does kind of suck (and just as I figured out an AP build I actually like too!).

But hey, who knows what this update could bring. Might be many times more amusing than building him AP ever was. Besides, none of this is final. We might actually end up with an AP bruiser anyway. Or suddenly have Fury as a resource (it fits remarkably well when you think about it). Who knows what the future has in store.

SlamVanDam

12-20-2012

Picked Voli up the first week I started playing. So excited to see him getting some attention now that I understand the game. Can't wait to play an improved Bear.

Granistas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Ahhh, I can't wait to chase people as a bear again.

Benign Sentinel

12-20-2012

Can we get a bugfix on Volibear's Charge?

Occasionally, the target gets tossed forward, or even to the sides.