Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rex Draconem

12-19-2012

I had an idea though i don't know how much QQ it will cause.

As Volty said before the 2 solutions for his animation for his ult are A) remove the animation (AKA being boring) or B) make it worthy of an animation.

so what I am thinking is to have its own stun effect for 0.75 seconds upon activation. This stun is not effected by tenacity. bonus points if riot can have the status read "You've been...Thunder Struck!"

Iklo

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Draconem View Post
I had an idea though i don't know how much QQ it will cause.

As Volty said before the 2 solutions for his animation for his ult are A) remove the animation (AKA being boring) or B) make it worthy of an animation.

so what I am thinking is to have its own stun effect for 0.75 seconds upon activation. This stun is not effected by tenacity. bonus points if riot can have the status read "You've been...Thunder Struck!"
Def agree that the second option is the most appealing. Make his ult creative and fun. Make it feel as though Volibear gains the power of the skies and lightning AND thunder flow within him gaining an additional form (similar to Nasus and Renekton) and then it will be an ultimate.

Knight of Dusk

12-19-2012

I think we can all agree that his ultimate needs a little extra spice.

austseraph

12-20-2012

Wonder how long it will take to see some action from Riot on this?

Volty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Game Designer

12-20-2012
4 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Arçadius View Post
If you were to take away his E I'd like to get your thoughts on this potential replacement.

Imperative Roar

Volibear shouts words of lightning, sending out a ball of delicious electrical pain (Think Dragonborn for the visuals). All units hit by this roar...

Option one-InitiatorBear: instantly lose 70% of their movement speed but quickly regain the lost speed over 1.5 second
Option two-BruisiBear: are slowed for up to 60% based on how low hp the target is and takes X(+Y bonus AP) magical damage
Option three-TankiBear: are frozen in place for 1 second and deal Z% reduced damage for T seconds

...any minions or monsters caught in this roar are feared for 3 seconds

I believe Voli should go the way of an AP bruiser instead of sometimes 60% physical 15% magical, sometimes 55% magical 30% physical etc depending on the build (notice how these hybrid builds don't add to 100%)

It's also a wonderful homage to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L3DMJB8yGM (and a wonderful skin idea)
Moving a slow onto R, I would seek a different function for the new E.

Volty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Game Designer

12-20-2012
5 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
I agree with like 90% of what is being said so far, keep up the good work guys! I read most of the replies even if I don't respond to everything.

Let's hope Volty is doing the same
I'm catching up now on the conversation...

Volty

Game Designer

12-20-2012
6 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is Not Gay View Post
I think Volibear is already strong, and for the most part relatively misunderstood and underestimated. I'm not against buffs for him, but I think it would be VERY EASY to make Volibear extremely OP with just a few small buffs. All I want is for the balance team to tread carefully here
Absolutely. Looking to adjust in ways that solve design problems--not just add power.

ZodiacsClockwork

12-20-2012

Its nice to see a red talk about volibear first time In a long time has it happened
Yey volty

Decoylegends

12-20-2012

If you're talking about QoL changes please look at this other thread about Fiddlesticks. It's a small simple change that would make him feel so much better.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2910573

ZodiacsClockwork

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoylegends View Post
If you're talking about QoL changes please look at this other thread about Fiddlesticks. It's a small simple change that would make him feel so much better.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2910573
This thread is about volibear im sorry hes been ignored with no skins since his release and never mentioned by anyone at riot until volty responded please don't derail this thread