Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

korean dino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa arçadius View Post
this is silly.
how dare u! Armored bear bear for life!

Knight of Dusk

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isysar View Post
I love the minion fear. It's unique. It's strong in the jungle and in top lane. I don't want it to go away.

He can be made strong in other ways.
Certainly, I love the fear too. It's one of the few things he has got going for himself.

So what if Voli kept the fear effect on E, but the damage and slow (or a effect with the same result, AoE pull would feel fantastic but might be a bit strong) was moved into the ultimate.

Thus letting you still get that on-cast PBAoE so your ult did something before everyone runs away and you sit there feeling rather blue as the duration ticks away.

His E could instead provide, in addition to the creep fear, a short resistance shred for his own attacks and skills against foes in the AoE. Shred makes up for the little damage you lose, and synerigzes better with your funky hybrid damage and attack speed kit. Feels like a more natural effect for a roar too, you scare people into dropping their guard momentarily.

Just a thought.

Another option would be brand new ultimate, move his old one in a weaker, maybe Ionic Spark-ish form to his E. And get this. you know how Udyr and Naut both get to stun on-hit once every few seconds? What if Volibear got that but with fear on his E strikes. FEAR LIGHTNING.

Rossingol

12-19-2012

Could also lower the power of his W in exchange for epic-fying his ult, with something like Swain/Riven's ult. AN EMPOWERED THUNDER FORM WITH INCREASED DEFENSES/Size obviously

Rossingol

12-19-2012

Also, with Riven's ult, it actually adds additional power to all her skills. Could look at that for Voli too

Knight of Dusk

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossingol View Post
Could also lower the power of his W in exchange for epic-fying his ult, with something like Swain/Riven's ult. AN EMPOWERED THUNDER FORM WITH INCREASED DEFENSES/Size obviously
Yeah I mentioned something similar before. It would be AMAZING! Part of why I liked surge on occasion on him. ...Especially with a Lulu hanging around.

"CHO'GATH, GET OUT OF MY WAY!"

His W pretty much has to lose power anyway if he is to get something good in the way of damage. I am totally in support of giving him the BEHOLD, MY TRUE FORM treatment to make up for the loss.

Sincarnation

12-19-2012

Am I the only person who feels his ult should be a toggle ability? It would greatly improve his jungle speed, give him a somewhat unreliable harass up top, and it would allow him to have more consistent fighting presence.
I'm no volibear expert just someone who enjoys the bear, but I feel like his ult is a little underwhelming maybe it is the cooldown or the lack of awesome lightning noises when hitting people.

Isysar

12-19-2012

I agree with most of the thoughts on this page. The W should lose some power and his kits needs a little bit more defense added onto it somewhere, AND he needs a little bit more reliable way of dealing dmg with his ult.

Imo, his E should fear AND slow champions, but only fear them for .5 seconds (doesn't increase with level; minions/monsters are still feared the current duration). He should gain some passive or active armor on his Q or R. And lower W damage. Remove the cast time animation from casting R. I think an activation effect on his ult would be cool, but might be an overbuff. A short .5 second root/stun on ult activation perhaps?

Making the Ult a toggle would be. . . very strong I feel like. Like probably too strong.

I like that Volibear has a clear weakness in team fights; getting kited. It adds depth to his character that you can't just run in there and start lightning fisting everything. It adds counterplay as well. But he does need a few tools to help him get some of that damage off in team fights. A .5 second PBAoE fear, and a .5 second stun/root would give him that. Personally, I think he probably only needs the .5 second AoE fear on champions on his E. You can often damage champions with the lightning from attacking whatever's close and having it bounce. It deals a lot of damage in teamfights regardless, but it's admittedly not often on the ideal kill target (that Ashe that's kiting you).

Rossingol

12-19-2012

Personally, I'd be stunned if an armored polar bear suddenly grew even more massive and exploded in a furious conglomeration of lightning and thunder. Like a "HOLY ****" sort of thing, even if it would just be for .5 seconds

chide da jungler

12-19-2012

lol i didnt even think that I havent seen the bear in S3 even once

he sure has been ignored

UnbearableBears

12-19-2012

How about moving his ult to his e, and lowering the damage on it of course and changing it to a toggle. After that, they give him a new ult, a giant roar where volibear grows in size (who didn't love surge volibear) and mini fears all champions around him for. 5 seconds and boosting his armor for every champion hit. After all, he is an armored bear and who wouldn't fear a giant bear roaring.