Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Creation 2 Contest] - Eponyetta - BedderDanu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BedderDanu

Recruiter

06-03-2012

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contest piqued my interest, so I figured I’d put a design here. I’d love some feedback before I submit the design to the Champion Creation Contest 2 (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2114104). Thank-you for helping me with this champion concept.

DESIGN CHALLENGE

Eponyetta, The Darkening Rainbow

Story Basics: From the deep mists, Eponyetta, strangely dressed in the faded garbs of an Ionian mystic, emerged reeking of the Shadow Isles. Not undead and yet not quite truly living, this pale white pony wields strange magics that take the shape of muddied and decaying rainbows. Behind her sarcastic and witty attitude only one thing is known for sure: Hecarim is somehow to blame for her current state of affairs. Seeking adventure in the League, Eponyetta demands that Hecarim pay -- but for what she will not say.

Range: Ranged
Primary Role: Jungle
Secondary Role: Caster
Tertiary Role: Support

Secondary and Tertiary Roles are just further narrowing the Champion: For example Nautilus is Primary Tank, Secondary Jungle, Tertiary Support, because while he isn't designed to be a support, he can be played as one

ABILITIES

Passive – Majesty: Taking damage from your abilities causes your opponents to cower in awe. While suffering the effects of any of your abilities, enemy champions are slowed 12/15/18%. This slow stacks up to 3 times, one for each ability.

All of Eponyetta's abilities have a time duration component to them. Anyone taking damage from Rose Dust (both the primary and splash targets), damage from Twilight Sparkle, or silenced from Discord are slowed. Total of 36/45/54%. Current implementation would need balancing in a test environment to get the feel correct, so the slow is left purposefully strong (in my opinion) for right now.

Q – Rose Dust: Applies a Dot to an enemy that deals 50/55/60/65/70 +0.35 AP that lasts 3 seconds. All Physical and Magaic damage delt to the enemy while the Dot is active (from any source) splashes to nearby enemies for 20/23/26/29/32% magic damage. 600 Range, 50/60/70/80/90 Mana. Splash range of 250. Cooldown of 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds.

True damage isn't applied through this ability, allowing both the target to resist the initial damage, and the splash targets to resist the magic damage. This also removes corner cases with things like "Guillotine" or "Feast". This splash damage is dealt to people around the enemy, not the enemy itself. (Total AP damage of 150/165/180/195/210 + 1.05 AP)

W – Twilight Sparkle: Applies a shield to an ally, shielding for 100/140/180/220/260 + 0.7 AP for 5 seconds. Also deals this as damage to enemies surrounding the shield, per second over 5 seconds (20/28/36/44/52 +0.12 AP per second), as long as the shield is up. 1200 range Shield for 60/70/80/90/100 Mana. Damage splashes at 200 (plus model size of target, which is usually ~150?) Cooldown of 16/15/14/13/12

This allows Eponyetta to jungle sustain and support, as well as making her a good mid. The shield blocks all damage types. Remember, enemies under the effect of Rose Dust that are hit with Twilight Sparkle splash both the Rose Dust dot AND the Twilight Sparkle dot, making these excelent Area denial tools. A Bruser on your carry? Sparkle the Carry, Rose the Bruser, and see if anyone else wants to mess with the two of them. (Total AP damage of 100/140/180/220/260 + 0.7 AP)

E – Discord: Deals 100/140/180/220/260 + 0.75 AP, silencing the enemy for 2 seconds. If this ability is splashed to additional targets through Rose Dust, they are also silenced. 500 Range debuff for 70/75/80/85/90 Mana. Cooldown of 7 seconds.

Discord is the linchpin of your ganking kit. Sparkle the closes ally to your target, and hit your enemy with Discord and Rose Dust. While not the strongest of ganks, Eponyetta specializes in making opportunities for your lane partners. Remember, Discord prevents you from flashing for 2 seconds.

R – Rainbow Dash: Eponyetta channels for 1.5 seconds. Afterwards she performs a skillshot dash at 1500/1750/2000 range. Enemies hit by the dash are knocked up for 0.5 - 1.5 seconds, based on Eponetta's total dash length, and dealt 200/250/300 + 0.9 AP in damage. The dash leaves a rainbow trail for 5 seconds. Allies moving along the trail have their movespeed increased by 20/30/40%. 1500/1750/2000 range dash for 150 Mana. 200 Width for the rainbow effect. Cooldown of 150/135/120 seconds.

The further your dash is going to be, the further your enemies get knocked up. Range probably sits around <20% total length for the minimum, and >80% to hit the maximum. It doesn't matter when along the dash you hit your enemies, the knock up is based on the total lenght of the dash only. The cooldown mimics Twisted Fate. Like Nocturn, she should call out a warning to her enemies, giving them time to react. I'm thinking "Get Ready.....CHARGE!" with a low chance of something like "Get Ready....SonicRainboom!" for an additional My Little Pony Reference.

STATS

Range: 520
Move Speed: 315

HP: 410 ( +79 )
HP Regen: 5 ( +7 )
Mana: 245 ( +60 )
Mana Regen: 6.9 ( +0.6 )

Attack Damage: 47.95 ( +2.625 )
Attack Speed: 0.625 ( +2.00% )
Armor: 14 ( +3.5 )
Magic Resist: 30 ( 0 )

NOTES

Note 1: Rainbow Dash’s channel is interruptible, so a misplaced ult will allow your opponents to prevent you from fleeing.

Note 2: Rose Dust and Twilight Sparkle make for AOE jungling, while a rank 1 Discord and Majesty make for good ganking.

Note 3: Proper Use of Discord and Majesty can make a strong AOE slow.

Note 4: Rose Dust will splash its own damage to enemies, and will splash the Twilight Sparkle damage as well. Standing near someone getting hit with both Q and W will deal a surprising amount of damage.

Note 5: Although Dots traditionally don’t feel that strong and therefore violate the “Power without gameplay” principle, these dots are designed in a way to counteract that. Twilight Sparkle’s primary use is the shield, and allowing Rose Dust to splash the silence from Discord gives Rose Dust additional efficacy.

Note 6: Numbers have been balanced around “Readability” not “Playability.” That being said, her numbers shouldn’t be too far off. A 3.45 total AP ratio seems to fit rather nicely with other casters, especially when her AOE is only Moderate, comparatively.

Note 7: Many of the abilities seem complex, but from a gameplay perspective they are rather simple. The counterplay for your enemies is "Don't stand near the DOTs," which is quite simple to understand.

Note 8: While the names of the abilities were all ponies from “My Little Pony,” they were all chosen to exemplify the “Recently Fallen” aspect of the design. Twilight – Sparkle – Rose – Dust – Majesty – Discord. I’ve never seen an episode of “My Little Pony.” I can trawl its wiki page, though.

BedderDanu

Recruiter

06-03-2012

CHANGELOG

June 3 - 2012: Champion Rough Draft Submitted.

June 4 - 2012: Greatly updated Abilites based on feedback.
Passive slow increased, and the stun is easier to proc.
Rose Dust splash damaged decreased, cooldown increased, and Mana costs increased
Twilight Sparkle damage increased, cooldown adjusted, mana costs decreased, range increased
Discord range increased, damaged increased, cooldown adjusted.
Rainbow Dash uninterruptible removed, channel decreased, knockup decreased, range decreased, speedup decreased.
Mana Costs, spell ranges, and other information penciled in.
Name's Title Changed from "The Dimming Rainbow" the "The Darkening Rainbow"

June 13 - 2012: Added Base Stats to the design.
Cleaned up notes.
Corrected some Typos.

June 14 - 2012: Reworked the Passive. Removed the Slow into stun game-play. Made it interact better with Discord. This lowered her ganking potential, but greatly increased her team fight presence.
Buffed Discord's Splash Silence to 2 seconds as well.

June 15 - 2012: Base damage on skills increased to increase jungle times. Lv 18 damage remains the same.

BedderDanu

Recruiter

06-04-2012

Bumping once for views. I will add more at a later date.

IsTheFellowMad

06-04-2012

Hi! Saw your champ, thought I should review it.

Quote:
Range: Ranged
Primary Role: Jungle
Secondary Role: Caster
Tertiary Role: Support

Not bad. Reminds me of Fiddlesticks.

Quote:
Passive – Majesty: Being hit by any of your abilities applies an “Awed” debuff that lasts 3 seconds. Being “Awed” slows attack and movement speed by 4/6/8% per stack, and can stack 3 times. Applying a 4th stack consumes the “Awed” debuff and stuns the target for 1.5 seconds. Each ability can only apply an Awed debuff once per cast per enemy champion (Dots have the debuff applied once, not once per tick)

I think you meant Landing any one of your abilities. It will be pretty unusual but interesting if Eponyetta have abilities that debuffs herself. Also, I like the stun that occurs only once on every enemy champion, though you need to specify how many seconds must pass before the stun can hit them again.

Quote:
Q – Rose Dust: Applies a Dot that deals 20/30/40/50/60 +0.35 AP that lasts 3 seconds. All damage received while the Dot is active (from any source) splashes to nearby enemies for 30/35/40/45/50% magic damage. Medium range debuff at moderate mana cost. Cooldown of 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds.

Wait, does this effect applies for ally champions as well? This seems a little OP as you can harass enemies before a teamfight. I wouldn't want to imagine Garen or Riven using their ultimate on a Dotted champion (not only scales in % of targets missing health, but also the effect is added by the Dot). I would lower the magic damage %. Plus, the cooldown is a little too short. With cooldown reduction items, your champion will become too much of a terror.

Quote:
W – Twilight Sparkle: Applies a shield to an ally, shielding for 50/100/150/200/250 + 0.75 AP for 5 seconds. Also deals this as damage to enemies surrounding the shield, per second over 5 seconds (10/20/30/40/50 +0.13 AP per second), as long as the shield is up. Short range shield at high mana cost. Cooldown of 18/16/14/12/10

This looks good. It fits the Support role. Does the shield shields allies from magic damage (such as Morgana's Black Shield) or shields all damage in general? Plus, Im not sure why the mana cost for this spell to be high - The damage is quite low.

Quote:
E – Discord: Deals 50/100/150/200/250 + 0.75 AP, silencing the enemy for 2 seconds. If this ability is splashed to additional targets through Rose Dust, they are also silenced for 1 second. Medium Range spell at moderate mana cost. Cooldown of 9/8/7/6/5 seconds.

This looks like Epony's main damage dealing spell.

Quote:
R – Rainbow Dash: Perform an uninterruptible channel for 2 seconds. Afterwards perform a skillshot dash at 1500/2000/2500 range. Enemies hit by the dash are knocked up for 1.5 seconds and dealt 200/250/300 + 0.9 AP in damage. The dash leaves a rainbow trail for 5 seconds. Allies moving along the trail have their movespeed increased by 20/40/60%

There's no such thing as an uninterruptible channel. I played as Riven before and managed to interrupt Ezreal's Trueshot Barrage with a Ki Burst. Same can be done on Nunu or Lux. All channels are interruptible, it's just that some champions have really low channelling spells that it's very hard to interrupt them.
This ultimate looks decent for a Support champion, but it looks like a Kamikaze ability. You are charging through enemies in a probable teamfight, and that will leave you separated from your allies with enemy champions in-between. This could leave you exposed, hence a possible freekill for the enemy team. I would have concerns if the ultimate should be used against enemies running away. Normally a Support uses their ult in the beginning or middle of teamfights. Seeing how all other of her abilities support her team with low cooldowns anyway (aside from shield), I'm seeing her as an OP support.

--

Quote:
Note 1: Rainbow Dash’s channel is uninterruptible, like Ezreal and Lux. However, it still gives enough time for your opponents to burst you down, making it difficult to use as an escape.

As mentioned before, there's no uninterruptible channels. Even if one is made, it will make the ability OP. Ezreal's Trueshot and Lux's lazer are both interruptible as mentioned (due to their relatively short channels, this is probably why it looks impossible to stop them).

Quote:
Note 2: Rose Dust and Twilight Sparkle make for AOE jungling, while a rank 1 Discord and Majesty make for good ganking.

I agree with the first half of the note. For the second half however, Discord is not a good ability for ganks. Why? This ability has no CC other than a 2 second Silence. 2 seconds, unless the enemies are pretty stupid and pushed too hard without warding bushes, can be waited enough for escaping abilities to be used. The passive 8% slow seems quite insignificant, and it will take roughly 6 seconds of ability usage from you to induce the passive stun at level 18, which, in my opinion, is too long in ganks. Good ganking abilities are those that either stuns, slows (considerably) or fear the target immediately.
If ganking abilities are actually terrible (such as Shyvana), you use your ultimate as a distance-closer to your target. Though seeing that you're a mage and ranged jungler, you are probably squishy...

Quote:
Note 7: While her passive is similar to Kennen's, her abilities aren't designed to "Proc" the stun in the same way. Kennen's abilities are a lot more "Rapid Fire," While her passive is supposed to have a little more "tension" and reliability.

True that, but you're also fitting the role as a jungler. It seems you need your ultimate to quickly get that stun happening.

--

Move Sequence

Yes, I can sometimes think of immediate move sequences from looking at abilities. Epony doesn't seem to have a fast clearing rate of her jungle. She can obviously defend herself from counters with the shield. Her ability to counter-jungle is quite low to be honest (assuming the enemy jungler is MIA). Most other junglers aren't mages, so the Silence may seem quite useless in a jungler-duel. Ganking...no CC means you may have to take Exhaust. Though even with Exhaust, by the time the stun is procced, I'm going to judge the enemy champions have already made it within range of their turret. Yeah, even with Exhaust, you seem to rely on your allies to have CC.

Your other Summoner ability is obviously going to be Smite (unless you can do Smiteless jungling).

Assuming your champion is under level 6, with both blue and red buffs, you will reveal yourself from the bushes and enemies are either gonna run or focus you (if they are that reckless). Your move sequence is probably going to be:

Exhaust --> Q --> W (though I'm heavily concerned with the short range on this) --> E --> Q (stun) (accounting cooldown reduction from Blue, it will still take about 6 seconds)

Looking at this move order, the lackluster ability to gank will seem as frustrating as Shyvana when she tries to gank.

It seems you have to be at level 6 in order to gank properly, where your R will be available. However, I'm not sure if you're allowed to select the range at which you can dash. Also, can you dash through walls? Assuming yes, it can still be a problem. With the insane range of 1500, if enemies are smart, they can see you through wards (the river is the most common warded areas nowadays). Also, assuming she can dash through walls, I don't think allies can run through walls if they needed to chase a low-health runaway.

--

Playing against Epony

I included this section so I could assess the viability of this champion. Yes, her ganks are as terrible as Shyvana's, but unlike Shyvana, not a fast jungle clearer or good duelist. Her survivability is good, which meant she can stay in her jungle much longer. However, maybe her survivability is too much that enemies can literally push a little until level 5 or so.
Her rainbow Dash has good damage and buffs for allies, but the problem is she's not a tanky champion. If she's too close to enemies, she can get focused and her team would lose a support. Until level 18, she can literally dash through everyone and disappear in the fog of war behind the enemy team. Along with the speed buff, she seems to change from underpowered level 1 ultimate to overpowered level 3 ultimate. A 60% speed boost on a champion like Ezreal with 305 base movement speed will turn him into a speed demon of over, note OVER, 455 movement speed, and this is without boots. Even as a Support, it seems Epony can initiate teamfights like a tank. Her ganks are terrible, but her ultimate is an overpowered initiator and escaping tool, along with her shield.
In conclusion, it seems almost impossible to kill Epony (unless the 2 second uninterruptible channel has changed). I'm not sure what is the cooldown for Rainbow Dash, but it doesn't change the fact that she can survive almost all ganks on her. If R isn't up, simply W on herself and E on enemies as they chase (note her passive slow and stun). She also has Exhaust just in case (assuming you did take Exhaust). Too much survivability, in my opinion, is too much to compensate for bad ganking abilities, low jungle clearing, or not-so-good duelist. She can just support her team, and if she is focused or if the team is losing, simply Rainbow Dash away to freedom (if it was decided rainbow dash to be used on enemies running away on low health). Epony seems better of being a Support rather than a Jungler, in my opinion. Her survivability is very high, which is somewhat more of a requirement for a Support rather than Jungler. This is just my opinion anyways. Take what you like, ignore the rest.

Thanks for the read!

BedderDanu

Recruiter

06-04-2012

Thank-you for the review. I'll be updating in time, but also, this was a first rough draft of the skillset, designed so you could "see" the abilities easily. Obviously I've missjudged some things, though.

1) Forgot the phrase "Enemies damaged by any one of your abilities..." from a rewrite of the passive.

2) Totally forgot about cooldown reduction ... yeah, my bad. Can you help me get this egg off my face?

3) It seems like low level damage needs to go up, per level damage needs to be decreased, final damage needs to be increased slightly, from your estimate.

4) Low level ganking power needs to be increased. Probably by increasing the slow on the passive, but reducing the stun time. Perhaps I should remove the stun completely, to greatly increase the slows power...or just say "screw it" and have the stun trigger on the third hit... who's kennen anyway.

5) I need to add AoE radius to the abilities. Rose Dust is supposed to be high AoE in a smaller radius, think somewhere between Kale and Tiamat (remembering values off the cuff here).

6) I was thinking more for the bot lane sustain would require the high cost on the shield, not the damage. Remember, Twilight Sparkle deals as much damage as Discord. of course, now I'm realizing this support spell will push the lane and steal CS...

7) Yeah, you need to be able to interrupt the ult channel. What about if it's knock up duration was dependent on the distance you are traveling, in total? I pulled the speed values from Galio...but they're probably OP on this ability, even for an ultimate.

8) Technically, you interrupting Trueshot Barrage with Ki Strike is a Bug... as far as I know

Quote:
lol wiki:
Although Trueshot Barrage uses a channel timebar and animation, this is a casting time indicator and Trueshot Barrage cannot be canceled.
That being said... it broke the ability. I was looking at Lux/Caitlin when building the ability, and got the inspiration from there.

9) An obvious sound effect, much like Nocturn's Darkness, needs to be played when the ultimate begins charging. This will allow the enemy time to react, if close, or scatter if far. Based on what I've seen on the internets a "Ready....CHARRRGE!" global voice clip, or a "Ready....WEEEEE", with a small chance of saying "Ready.....SONICRAINBOOM!" as another MLP reference (I think I got that right... like I said I've never seen an episode)

Thanks for your comments. I'll try to update to reflect what I've gathered later tonight or tomorrow.

DarkHaitsu

06-04-2012

Nice
please watch mine too
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=24965256#post24965256

BedderDanu

Recruiter

06-04-2012

Quote:
DarkHaitsu:
Nice
please watch mine too
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=24965256#post24965256

Added some comments for your champion.

Lyria Eternal

06-04-2012

Alright I have one question and only a few comments to make on this.

----------

I don't understand how your Q will splash ability damage. Since it's damage received, not dealt.

----------

It's an interesting mage/support idea. If it wasn't so magical ponies. I think it would be better recieved.

And

I found myself playing this champion in my daily mental plays of league, and found myself liking the chained effects of her abilities + passive. I made her a powerful mage though. I tried to support, but found it very hard to do...just like with some of my true supports I play.

I also couldn't find the swing or mood for jungling. Just didn't seem to work for me.

------------

Thank you for looking at Imamu, and I appreciate your review. Sometime in the next couple of days I have him scheduled for rework, so I'll take your words into consideration.

-------------

I have some other champions you could look at if you want. Some are better, and some are...different.

See my profile: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2180459

This contains them all and some honorable mentions that I greatly enjoyed. Feel free to comment something simple, or write a full tear-wrenching review. It's good to hear feedback.

IsTheFellowMad

06-04-2012

Quote:
1) Forgot the phrase "Enemies damaged by any one of your abilities..." from a rewrite of the passive.

That will make the ganking ability worse. your W is a shield and requires either you or your allies to get close to the enemy to get a passive stack.

Quote:
2) Totally forgot about cooldown reduction ... yeah, my bad. Can you help me get this egg off my face?

Simply increase the cooldown timers by 1 or 2 seconds, but it will definitely hurt your ganking abilities.

Quote:
3) It seems like low level damage needs to go up, per level damage needs to be decreased, final damage needs to be increased slightly, from your estimate.

Not sure what you meant here. Do you mean your Q or W? Hopefully not Q, so for W. Judging by the high mana cost, yes, it may as well increase.

Quote:
4) Low level ganking power needs to be increased. Probably by increasing the slow on the passive, but reducing the stun time. Perhaps I should remove the stun completely, to greatly increase the slows power...or just say "screw it" and have the stun trigger on the third hit... who's kennen anyway.

A stun will help your ganking abilities go back to expectations. Probably on the third ability. Also, yes, increase your slows.

Quote:
5) I need to add AoE radius to the abilities. Rose Dust is supposed to be high AoE in a smaller radius, think somewhere between Kale and Tiamat (remembering values off the cuff here).

Do you mean abilities that consumes the Dot? If a Riven uses her Windslash, she can trigger the bonus magic damage on top of the damage based on target's missing health. In other words, too much damage that she can probably kill a target at half health and deal heavy damage on others.

Quote:
6) I was thinking more for the bot lane sustain would require the high cost on the shield, not the damage. Remember, Twilight Sparkle deals as much damage as Discord. of course, now I'm realizing this support spell will push the lane and steal CS...

Correction. Twilight Sparkle shields as much damage as Discord.

Quote:
7) Yeah, you need to be able to interrupt the ult channel. What about if it's knock up duration was dependent on the distance you are traveling, in total? I pulled the speed values from Galio...but they're probably OP on this ability, even for an ultimate.

So at full distance, if someone is just trying to unite with his team, he's going to get knocked up to the moon? Remember, knock-up is just similar to a stun, only the target has moved up the screen somehow and you have to right-click on that knocked up champion, rather than where he/she will land. A full 3-4 second stun is too OP, yes.

Quote:
8) Technically, you interrupting Trueshot Barrage with Ki Strike is a Bug... as far as I know
[QUOTE]Quote:
Originally Posted by lol wiki
Although Trueshot Barrage uses a channel timebar and animation, this is a casting time indicator and Trueshot Barrage cannot be canceled.

That being said... it broke the ability. I was looking at Lux/Caitlin when building the ability, and got the inspiration from there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a bug. I noticed a video of Alistair interrupting Ezreal's Trueshot, but for some reason, it was fired anyway. We are meant to be able to interrupt channels.

Quote:
9) An obvious sound effect, much like Nocturn's Darkness, needs to be played when the ultimate begins charging. This will allow the enemy time to react, if close, or scatter if far. Based on what I've seen on the internets a "Ready....CHARRRGE!" global voice clip, or a "Ready....WEEEEE", with a small chance of saying "Ready.....SONICRAINBOOM!" as another MLP reference (I think I got that right... like I said I've never seen an episode)

2 second channelling will become too long for enemies to run away. Nocturne's ultimate isn't a skillshot and he dashes to his enemy. I would probably drop the channelling duration to 1.5 seconds.

--

Glad to help!

BedderDanu

Recruiter

06-04-2012

Quote:
FlamesofTerror:
Alright I have one question and only a few comments to make on this.

----------

I don't understand how your Q will splash ability damage. Since it's damage received, not dealt.

Updated a lot of the descriptions based on your feedback. This should allow you to see how the campion would be useful in a jungling setting.

Also, updated a lot of the abilites, and added in additional necessary information. I'm still sticking with the splashing all damage gameplay, but I've reigned it it and added in some obvious restrictions.

Thanks for the reviews so far! They've been helpful.

Also, note I was bouned to the contest challenge of "Make a White Pony/Horse that was from Ionia but fell in the Shadow Isles. Also Something Something That other Horsey Guy and something something Rainbows."