Can you counter Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serriyu

06-03-2012

He seems brokenly OP. Insane snowballing and the best 1v1 in the game (with the exception of MAYBE Darius). How do you shut up down?

Paco H Jones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

Kill him early. Early on, Jax does a lot of physical damage, so cloth armor and pots on your solo top can seal the deal pretty easily.

Jax is flawed during the laning phase in that his harass costs him a LOT of mana and is **** near impossible to keep up for more than a minute or two, so surviving his harass and being able to take him 1v1 (also not that hard if you started with cloth armor and pots) means you get to free-farm the minions while he sits back and begs the jungler for a gank. This makes wriggles extremely potent against jax, as it provides damage, armor, better last hitting, and a ward for the inevitable jungle gank.

Trolosaurus

06-03-2012

Lee Sin is the only champion I know that can go 1v1 against him and come out on top.

Bam4K

06-03-2012

I've shut him down pretty hard with Volibear before.

MissCheerilee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

CC.

Sejuani, Leona, Urgot, Volibear, Ashe, Lulu, etc.

Jax CC'd is a Jax that has to flee the fight or get shut down.

Takhuan

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serriyu View Post
He seems brokenly OP. Insane snowballing and the best 1v1 in the game (with the exception of MAYBE Darius). How do you shut up down?
Hes not a very good tank. Can't initiate very good. Not very strong against AP carries.

Executioners calling pulls his sustain out from under him if you have multiple champions going against him, the tank/offtank should probably get the executioners calling because it's too dangerous to get close enough to use it otherwise.

He was and is a champion that was made for Trinity Force(just like poppy) because he abuses sheen's proc with low cooldown abilities and a balance of crit chance ability power and attack damage.

Nerf Sheen and Trinity Force and you will nerf Jax.

ICY ARC

06-04-2012

Like other said but for me being lvl 25 most jax player are less skill and get outplay the higher they win.

I not said I good or anything but for me I win most jax with akali and yi, and even lane shaco solo top.

If jax play right he can seem a bit op but the odd of a good jax vs a good shaco is about the same.

Mathgrind

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheerilee View Post
CC.

Sejuani, Leona, Urgot, Volibear, Ashe, Lulu, etc.

Jax CC'd is a Jax that has to flee the fight or get shut down.
With the possible exception of Urgot, those are all terrible choices against Jax. Leona? Ashe? I cannot think of champions that would do worse versus Jax top lane.

An answer that's been given in this thread is kill him early on. That's not a counter. If you somehow manage to get an kill on him early game, of course you are going to have an advantage in lane. The hard part is getting that kill when your opponent isn't completely retarded.

Early game aggression is hard because minion aggro punishes the aggressor and because winning early game trades is primarily determined by CC and base stats. Jax has great base stats and his counterstrike gives him immunity to attacks, including minion aggro, allowing him to win most trades. The suggestion that you should kill Jax early game to win your lane is predicated on the mistaken beliefs that Jax is weak early game.

Best Zod NA

06-04-2012

Quote:
Nerf Sheen and Trinity Force and you will nerf Jax.
That is arguably the most foolish suggestion I've ever read here.

Perhaps Perhaps

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathgrind View Post
The suggestion that you should kill Jax early game to win your lane is predicated on the mistaken beliefs that Jax is weak early game.
Love it.