Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you counter Shaco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isayn0

06-05-2012

Yes except the cloan takes 75% increased damage.

ZillyAU

06-06-2012

I usually main Shaco in ranked games (almost 3 gold teams and I'm surprised he's rarely banned for us) and the hardest thing to kill is tanks. I know that seems obvious. If you can avoid the early gank (they usually start top jungle with boxes so they hit lvl 2 by the time your minions meets the enemy minions) and keep wards/map awareness up then you're better off. If he gets the early gank then he will have a wriggles insanely fast and can solo dragon as soon as he hits 6. If that happens you're pretty much toast. If you can counter jungle him that will slow him down, but if you're not going to have a jungler then do 2 top 1 bot.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

06-06-2012

Pink eye

Dig15times

06-08-2012

Lee Sin is great, if you can predict well. His skillshot reveals stealth (unless its one of his boxes) and if you can get the hit, jump to him and hit 'e' immediately for a second reveal. His stealth suddenly isn't an issue. And even you're not too good at those shots, he's pretty tanky.

Also, anyone with a powerful stun (Ashe's ult comes to mind) can take shaco down easily, as he very squishy.

zzCitizen

06-08-2012

I had a good time countering him with exhaust ignite Nautilus because his passive can root Shaco in place and his ult can make it very hard for him to stealth away.

Rasmorak

06-08-2012

Quote:
zzCitizen:
I had a good time countering him with exhaust ignite Nautilus because his passive can root Shaco in place and his ult can make it very hard for him to stealth away.

A good Shaco won't deceive away from you, but over an object that you have to go around.

On topic, I find the best to counter myself as Shaco is if I engage the entire enemy team. Shaco isn't a very strong team fighter, but he can mess you up 1v1. If he catches one person out of position, he can fk the next team fight for you while your team mate is respawning.

When he starts ganking, it's time to start grouping up more. You need to watch each other's backs and of course, ward. That goes without saying.