Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Complete Failure....BS unjust ELO system needs serius revamping...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

superiored

06-06-2012

Selcopa, I used to spy on your posts and I applauded most of your intelligent replies. I still do, but sometimes you are either trying to paraphrase something or simply going too far. Make your posts crystal clear when you want bads to realize how bad they really are.

Selcopa

06-06-2012

Quote:
Swooshter:
First, I think it is interesting that you say dont play support and play only characters that will have a larger impact on the game. If you were in this level of elo hell, then you would realize that being able to pick any specific spot isnt always your choice. No doubt, if I can play mid or jung, then I have a much greater chance of winning. However, being able to get that spot also relies alot on the rest of my team realizing that I am better at that spot then they are (and if you are last pick, good luck getting that spot)

It's a play style, I played 20 years of defensemen in hockey, I play healers in MMO's and i play pusher in tennis.

No matter the champion, support plays a huge role, if you are unable to make big plays, then you simply havent found the support you are most effective with, if you say "I cant make plays with soraka" then you simply havent developed enough game theory yet to understand how she works perhaps try an easier champion with more tangible results to see if that is better for you. Taric, Leona, Poppy, Gangplank, Blitzcrank all excellent supports that you can carry games with.

Quote:
I also find it interesting that you say support cant carry, yet a poster a few posts above you said that they can carry as a support. In fact, I am pretty sure the person you are praising as knowing what they are talking about has also stated that he can carry as a support. But also keep in mind, we are not talking about players that are 1800+ carrying a game in 1k or lower elo.

So we're changing it, we're no longer saying trying to carry on support is unreasonable, just that you are unskilled at support, and it frustrates you that you are unable to carry as a support.

There's a solution to this, let me see. Get good at support? Help me out, follow my train of thought and tell me where i go wrong.

You are saying a good player can carry on support, but you are in elo hell because you cannot carry on support so in reality you arent a good player, therefore you arent really in elo hell because, you're not a good player so you are where you belong.

Hi Im Derrick

06-06-2012

Quote:
Swooshter:
First, I think it is interesting that you say dont play support and play only characters that will have a larger impact on the game. If you were in this level of elo hell, then you would realize that being able to pick any specific spot isnt always your choice. No doubt, if I can play mid or jung, then I have a much greater chance of winning. However, being able to get that spot also relies alot on the rest of my team realizing that I am better at that spot then they are (and if you are last pick, good luck getting that spot)

I also find it interesting that you say support cant carry, yet a poster a few posts above you said that they can carry as a support. In fact, I am pretty sure the person you are praising as knowing what they are talking about has also stated that he can carry as a support. But also keep in mind, we are not talking about players that are 1800+ carrying a game in 1k or lower elo.

I never said a support can't carry, You just have less of an impact on the overall outcome of the game in my opinion... I agree being able to play all positions is important in ranked, but still...