Ashe/Katarina help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaystarFire

06-03-2012

I'm a rather new player (but no noob), playing against bots, and have discovered that Katarina and Ashe are my two favorite heroes. But I'm currently having difficulties with:

-My farm, I feel that I do well early on with knife/arrow last-hitting and stuff, but I somehow fall behind by several thousand, I just don't know what's happening.
-I always get quickly finished off in a teamfight, usually by a bit of quick burst and CC. This happens either because I'm caught slightly out of position, or I just dive in to try and get a kill.
-I use http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...to-ashes-67331 and http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...h-knives-61072 . Am I following the wrong guides? I do modify the builds slightly, but I'm still following them. Also, I'm level 6, so is my lack of mastery/rune usage hitting me that hard? I also find my lack of flash/ignite very irritating.

06-03-2012

The build for Ashe you are following is really great, but it always comes down to you when you don't have time to recall tips from a guide. Experience is gonna be your best guide, and something i always do to help me keep in track of last-hitting is to set a goal, say 150+ in 20:00.

When you want to go for a kill, check the following: where is you enemies on the map, this will be very vital, especially when the enemy team has a jungler.

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

Use solomid for guides as thats where the pros put their guides, most of them are better then the ones on mobafire imo

DaystarFire

06-04-2012

Thanks. I found http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=11238 and think it's a wonderful guide. I'll post again later when I see if it helps. Though I do want to try getting some earlier points in W. I'm just not sure whether to take points out of Q or E for it :/

IGotCareless

06-04-2012

I'd recommend taking the points out of E and Q, prioritize W and R, and have a single point in Q and E early. Basically R>W>Q>E. And in bots games, its probably worth practicing launching your Ult from across the map, since it becomes a 3.5 second stun, which is pretty devastating.

DaystarFire

06-04-2012

I was talking katarina xD. But thanks for the tip.

Noxian Mercenary

06-04-2012

Here's some general Katarina tips.

-Rush sustain when in midlane. Your Q is guaranteed to heal you for a decent amount every time you throw it, as is your E. I usually rush a Gunblade, then a Rabadon's or a Rylai's, depending on how much survivability I need.
-Start boots3. Kat needs to be able to harass with her Blades early in the game without much retaliation. Starting at level 7 when bouncing blades hits level 4, you'll be able to harass indefinitely.

Katarina requires knowledge of every single champion in the game to play effectively. You must know which spells can knock you out of your ultimate, and which champions wield them. Are they ultimates (Blitzcrank)? Are they spammable(Blitzcrank, Talon)? AoE(Leona, Alistair)? Can you hide behind a team mate(Ashe, Leona, Amumu*)?
*Not sure if his bandage toss is a stun or a snare*

As for items..
->Boots
->3x Health Potion
->Hextech Revolver (or one/two amp tomes depending on $)
->Gunblade (or Bilgewater Cutlass depending on $)
->Blasting Wand
->Rabadon's Deathcap if surviving teamfights, Rylai's Crystal Scepter otherwise
->Void Staff if 3 or more enemies building 80+mR, Abyssal Scepter if otherwise or of needing mR
->Zhonyas

DaystarFire

06-04-2012

Hmmm... That looks nice. Tried that guide today, got the whole W thing sorted out, all in all it went pretty well. Especially with the addition of ignite to my skillset with my recent levelup. I no longer get owned quite as horribly, but I still get destroyed by burst damage heroes. I think the key is my weak farm. It probably stems from not getting into teamfights enough, do kills/assists really give that much more gold?

Noxian Mercenary

06-04-2012

A kill is 300 + whatever killing-spree they were on, and the assist is 150/#ofPlayers, so if you and another person assisted a kill, you would get 75.

300gold is merely 27 or so minions, and a lot less experience, but it's still a lot.

As Kat your first four levels are going to hurt. A lot. If you can stick to your guns and evade the worst of it, you should be able to last hit and harass, as well as counter-push waves all with one ability.

The only time you want to Shun'po into a minion or the enemy is when their spell rotation is off-cycle, or when he/she only has one spell remaining.

DaystarFire

06-05-2012

Oh, I see. So I'm actually missing out on a ton of feed. I'll post again later about how teamfighting works out.