Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Orianna Support Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2 The Apples

06-03-2012

i was a ori player when she was viable mid and almost picked or banned every game!
then the nerfs and she is never to be seen or played in ranked Again, so i was thinking
new meta duo bot for the most part Flat ad runes on the carry with little Armor Pen other than the masteries. Her shield is Fast It GIVES armor AND a shield At Little Mana cost And scales well without massive ap.

Here are a few points why i think she deserves more attention and more picks in ranked!

1) orianna still can use her q as a ward in and out of bushes
2) shield + passive+low mana cost and early game Most Ad carry have little Apen!
3) W can help your carry get in OR out of Key situations
4) Her ult is Still op at getting all the enemy champs to clump up And then mass slow
5) Her passive Great 4 early game harass on the carry
6) So hard to catch with the W when u r warding or counter warding
7) Late game your team never has to go into a bush blind ever again cus she can just place a Q in there
n e way hit this post up with your ideas on underplayed supports or just Rage and QQ like every other Lol player

2 The Apples

06-03-2012

bump

NeonChinchilla

06-03-2012

shes more useful as an AP mid. You get all of the benefits you listed but you also get the damage to actually do something. orianna in mid with a jungler gank is a delicious combo (ori + amumu is ridiculously strong)

and late game you can still be a utility mage and help your team WHILE getting kills. Also her passive is really only scary when you build AP since it scales with it (0.2)

if you want to support with her go for it, shes gonna be as useful as like morg or lux but probably gonna fall behind like a janna or taric in terms of usefulness.

2 The Apples

06-03-2012

Tbh ori mid not so viable anymore her range on all her abilities has been nerfed way 2 much and she has to get 2 close into the fights unless u plant q and the walk onto it when u r at red distance! as a support u r no longer primary target, so u can chance getting into the battle a little more and provide all your team with endless speeds -slows- disruptors- and Shields

Maj Boobage

06-03-2012

i tired it, its ok. but substain support like soraka will outlast you, and bruisers like blitz will own you.

plus late game your then pretty much useless, no damage, no big shield, just a ult, with a somewhat long cd.

Artiburd

06-03-2012

She is possible to play as a support. It's just... not as good as AP mid. Kinda like playing support Karma.

BeatRushVII

06-03-2012

A support that isnt soraka/janna/alistar/taric/sona?

NeonChinchilla

06-03-2012

Quote:
2 The Apples:
Tbh ori mid not so viable anymore her range on all her abilities has been nerfed way 2 much and she has to get 2 close into the fights unless u plant q and the walk onto it when u r at red distance! as a support u r no longer primary target, so u can chance getting into the battle a little more and provide all your team with endless speeds -slows- disruptors- and Shields

how exactly is her range a problem? its virtually identical to cassiopeia and 200 more than annie. Also her ball can be up to 1000 distance but she can only cast it within 825.

If we use range as an identifier of who can mid lux and xerath are the only options because they outrange everyone else.

2 The Apples

06-03-2012

Quote:
Maj Boobage:
i tired it, its ok. but substain support like soraka will outlast you, and bruisers like blitz will own you.

plus late game your then pretty much useless, no damage, no big shield, just a ult, with a somewhat long cd.

How does this make any sense ? Ussless ? Aoe slow and gather + 40 armor and mr per shield holder excape r u kidding ?

Janna #1 support right now and has all the same tools as orianna

BeatRushVII

06-03-2012

Quote:
2 The Apples:
How does this make any sense ? Ussless ? Aoe slow and gather + 40 armor and mr per shield holder excape r u kidding ?

Janna #1 support right now and has all the same tools as orianna

Jannas throw is a little more potent than oriannas, as it royally ****s up the entire field rather than just slightly screwing it over

Im with you though, i like ori support for all the reasons you said. Free scout, free armor and a nice shield, a speed + slow and a displacement ulti.

A lot of people seem to try to play her like soraka, as in stand back and make lane phase last forever. I always play her aggressively when i support. With the Q mana reduction its easy to own both bushes with the ball, which puts the other team at a disadvantage depending on their support (no surprise zenith blades from the brush lol)

That being said, when i want an aggressive support, nine times out of ten ill pick zilean or leona lol