Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius Counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bylobog44

06-09-2012

You can't just look at the stats and say you can kite Darius. The attack animation on his Apprehend is instant, can be used while moving and is indistinguishable from his basic attacks. This greatly extends his effective range. Most ranged AD carries can't kite Darius.

Ashe, who is probably the best kiter in the game, can kite him, but even with Ashe, the positioning is tricky because his Apprehend is not blocked by minions but Volley is. Kog'maw can handle Darius fairly easily - 4 long range abilities, armor reduction, damage over time, and an ult with a 1 second CD. But neither Ashe or Kog are not really a first choice solo-tops.

Nomadthewolf

Recruiter

06-09-2012

armor is how you counter him.

Cafadier

06-10-2012

Quote:
Nomadthewolf:

oh ya, obviously armour counters his true damage ult...with the true damage...that ignore armour...cause its true damage...

Smile IU

06-10-2012

Quote:
Ruahi:
ashe

his pull range 550
her AA range 625

add perma slow
add ult stun
add reveal area so bushes cant juke her for darius to get closer

she is the perfect counter to this man

Ashe get's completely demolished by darius

Dubledox

06-10-2012

Olaf wrecks him, in my own experience.

Eaglesfan427

06-10-2012

Surprisingly a decent leblanc can go toe to toe with him solo top. Its unconventional, yes, but with burst and escape mechanisms she is a surprisingly viable choice.

ToMaCoX

06-10-2012

Renek is a good counter for darius, I always win my lane facing darius when i use my cute croco.....

Rekitsu

06-10-2012

Quote:
Nomadthewolf:

It's a step in the right direction, but to affectively counter Darius through the ability to survive you need Armor/MR/Health. His typicaly abilities you need armor, his passive you need MR, and his ult you need flat health. Personally, the extra health will probably help more then armor when it comes to early laning.

LaPoops

06-10-2012

karma shield

Autocthon

06-10-2012

Build HP and a little MR.

He can no longer harass you with DoT. If you get a little extra HP5 you can out sustain him with almost any top in game.