Darius Counters

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veskulios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

Champions: Nidalee, Kennen, Renekton, Yorick, Teemo, Ashe, Swain, Kayle, Cassiopeia, Fiora*, Xerath, Tryndamere*, Vlad*, Malphite*, Fizz*, Cho'gath*, Vladimir, Rumble*, Jayce
Items: Phage, Frozen Mallet, Rylais, Armor
Playstyle: Kite him to death.

Anyone know other counters, I will edit and add them?

Upvotes yay. Community ftw .
Edit: Holy ****, he needs a nerf, but until then, use the counters.
Any counter with a star next to it is a maybe.

Uploading a video onto LoL recorder titled "Nidalee vs Darius top lane -GoblinBain". Its just how I play Nidalee vs Darius
Or just look up iStayGreek as the uploader. Its either titled some random date, or what i posted above.

About Riven vs Darius top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfather8
After now having some experience in the matchup, I can understand how many people feel frustrated when versing Darius. He does more sustained damage than you and his burst is actually as high as Rivens. Don't give up the matchup though, it requires significant finesse and extreme skill versing a competent darius but it can still be won.

The key to the matchup is as simple as dodging/baiting his Q. You want to be constantly dashing around him, just outside of his Q range. Let him push to tower even at the cost of CS if necessary, however you usually will only be forced to miss one or two by the time the minions reach the turret as long as you are making him waste his Q. Once he is at tower you will be taking some of his Q hits. After clearing the preliminary wave, you can start harassing him by shielding stunning and booking it. Do not let him grab you in, if you can harass with stun and get out in such time that he wastes his spells trying to catch you, you start building up an advantage which you can eventually exploit.

The sad thing about this lane is that he seems to be stronger than you in a 1v1 at all stages of laning and can still be difficult if you even gain an early advantage on him. This just necessitates outplaying him by dodging/shielding his Qs and very careful harassing. I would be losing the lane but when I had the eureka moment of how to best stop him I managed to come even and even kill them after enough time.

At level 6 his burst is on par with yours, however you can get the burst off faster than he can. If you decide to engage in a 1v1 make sure you have absolute knowledge of Riven's limits or you may find that ticking DoT too much for you.

Besides all that, the biggest other thing in the matchup would be jungle ganks. He is extremely vulnerable to jungle ganks much like Fiora, so abuse that as much as possible. He has no mobility so you do outclass him in teamfights so remember if all you can do is go even with him then you still won the matchup.

Important Notes:

Bait the Qs, it can be harder than it sounds.
When you harass, get out of range of his counterattack as quickly as possible.
Early levels let him push, leaves him vulnerable to ganks and lets you farm safely.
His burst is massive but so is yours, and your advantage is that you can get it off faster than he can.

Verdict:

Killable lane at all times, but it goes both ways.
Tell your jungler it is in everyone's best interest to gank your lane. He has no method of escape and its his single greatest weakness so exploit it.
Good nerf to make him equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616
Why am I making a comment like this? The range on Apprehend is 550.

This might not seem like much but considering that Sivir has a ranged of 500 and many other AD carries have a range of 550 Darius can just pull them while in lane meaning that said AD carries can not harass Darius without being in extreme danger which can often result being killed. I feel that a range of 450 for this kind of effect would be much more balanced.

It is not a hard skill shot. Many people say that it is like a Blitz Rocket Grab but Darius grabs all enemies in range while blitz grabs only the first enemy it hits and is easy to dodge. That combined with having a higher base movement speed then AD carries makes it nearly impossible to deal with him early game.

45 mana is not enough for such an ablilty. Rocket Grab has a cost of 110 but in most cases is much less reliable for bringing an enemy to you on a single use. Darius should be drainded of mana after 2 or 3 times using this ability I think it should have a cost of 80+ mana for how reliable it is proving to be.

I have been on both ends of this and I will say that being able to shut down AD carries early game like this should not be something that should be in the game but as it stands Darius can make sure that the enemy AD carry is denied a fairly large amount of farm if he goes bot lane.

CourageousCashew

06-03-2012

Yorick counters him pretty well. Anyone that has better sustain then him, will most likely beat him in the laning phase.

Weltall8000

06-03-2012

Armor?

ToastStrudel

06-03-2012

Teemo.

Ruahi

06-03-2012

ashe

his pull range 550
her AA range 625

add perma slow
add ult stun
add reveal area so bushes cant juke her for darius to get closer

she is the perfect counter to this man

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruahi View Post
ashe

his pull range 550
her AA range 625

add perma slow
add ult stun
add reveal area so bushes cant juke her for darius to get closer

she is the perfect counter to this man
600. Not 625. But yes, Ashe counters him.

@OP
Those are counters only if hes laning. And he is actually much stronger when he isn't.

Btw, for another lane counter, Swain.

St0rmaker

06-03-2012

A good teemo will counter him; however, a bad or mediocre one will get stomped.

Nanglaur

Recruiter

06-03-2012

Trust me... Renek isnt a good counter, we have a renek in top agains darius, and he cant stop him, darius just eat the map and jump into the air of all the stuffs in game with the axe -.-

Veskulios

06-03-2012

Thanks for the contributions and bump. Maybe everyone q.qing about how OP he is will read this thread .

ManicPhilosopher

06-03-2012

I like Fiora, her w is nice on two fronts, and the q lets you get in and out before he can get full stacks on you for damage. Also, you can heal the bleed back up pretty quickly.

1234511 ... 13